tawkboard occasionally links to goods or services offered by vendors to help you find the best products and services. Some of these may be affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission if items are purchased at no extra cost to you. Here is our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Top 10 Best Roof Cargo Box for Golf Clubs Guide
Everybody likes to spend quality time with their friends whenever they are off from work.
On a good Saturday or Sunday morning, gulf can be one of the best activities for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
If you like spending the weekend away from home enjoying golf, you may want to make arrangements on how you transport your golf clubs.
Products Comparison Table
|Top||INNO BRM864RE Wedge Plus Cargo Box||42 lbs||13 Cubic FT||BUY FROM AMAZON|
|YAKIMA - RocketBox Pro, Multi-Sport||75lbs||12 Cubic ft.||BUY FROM AMAZON|
|Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier||165 pounds||91.5 x 37.5 x 18 inches||BUY FROM AMAZON|
|JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier||110 lb.||18 cu. ft||BUY FROM AMAZON|
|Thule 682 Sidekick Rooftop Cargo||75 pounds||54 x 25 x 15. 5 inch||BUY FROM AMAZON|
|SportRack Horizon Alpine Cargo Box||11 Cu Ft||L 88.4" x W 20.7" x H 15.9"||BUY FROM AMAZON|
|Goplus Cargo Box, Waterproof Rooftop||165 lbs||14 Cf.||BUY FROM AMAZON|
You do not want to try to fit your golf clubs at the back seat as you end up spending a lot of time and energy offloading and loading them back again to the latter.
Roof cargo box is the right device to use when transporting your golf clubs.
There are many companies that manufacture the roof cargo box for golf clubs but the devices that they make vary in many aspects.
When choosing the Roof Cargo Box for Golf Clubs to purchase, you should ensure that you make enough research on the features, pros and cons of the different ones in the market before settling for one.
Quick links to Our Best Picks
- INNO BRM864RE Wedge Plus Cargo Box
- JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
- Goplus Cargo Box, Waterproof Rooftop
The tasks can be tiring and confusing, but with the commitment, you can always settle for the best device to carry your golf clubs no matter their size and shape.
Types of Roof Cargo Boxes
Yakima Skybox Carbonite Cargo Box
Description of the Yakima Skybox Carbonite Cargo Box
The company that has been manufacturing this type of cargo boxes has been going up in their game over the years.
The specific product has already been attracting the attention of many users hat like to travel either with their golf clubs or with other materials.
The versatility of this device makes it easy for it to sell as potential clients can get whatever they require from it.
Whenever you choose to purchase it, you can be sure to have it in any size that you desire. The various sizes of this device include 12, 15, 16, 18 amongst others.
The installation process of this device is simple and not complicated as it does not require any tools to fix.
It is also highly spacious, and you can carry a full-size snowboard with it. The ease of use of the device also compliments its price and size.
Features of the Yakima Skybox Carbonite Cargo Box
- The device weighs 75lbs and thus carrying it should not be a problem to many
- The device has a hard side, and this allows it to be durable and last longer compared to some devices with similar prices
- The device comes in various shapes and sizes that allow you to choose your preferred size depending on the weight and length of the things that you plan to carry around
- The Yakima company always has a highly reliable customer support and thus in case anything goes wrong with your device, you can be sure to receive firsthand information and help on whatever you need
- The Roof Cargo Box for Golf Clubs features a locking system that makes it easy to use and also the system protects your devices from theft
Pros of the Yakima Skybox Carbonite Cargo Box
- The device has minimal noise and vibration whenever you are driving, and this makes it easy for you to enjoy a smooth ride
- The installation process of the cargo box is simple and easy
- The make of the device gives it a fine touch and high durability, and this guarantees you a longer service without having to replace it
- It has a large capacity to accommodate most of the equipment like golf clubs that you want to carry
Cons of the Yakima Skybox Carbonite Cargo Box
- The locking system of this device is difficult to use due to its fragile nature
- The cargo box feels a little bit flimsy as if it is not constructed well and this may cause you distraction whenever you are driving
- The cargo box is extremely sensitive to temperatures, and in hot weather, it gets extremely hot, and thus it may not be the most suitable to use in transporting equipment that is sensitive to hot weather conditions
Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Description of the Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Thule is known to be the manufacturer of one of the most high-end cargo carriers in the globe.
The company has been handling the needs of its clients for the longest time, and many people have been benefiting from their services.
This specific product is one of the most dependable and reliable ones, and one can rely on it thanks to its expansive and streamlined nature.
Besides, the Roof Cargo Box for Golf Clubs is made of quality materials that extend its life and give it high durability to provide you with long service.
It also has high spacing that gives you a chance to enjoy more space in carrying more items compared to those that you can carry with other devices of its nature.
Features of the Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
- It contains clamps with knobs: the locking system of the device is unique, and this makes it safer compared to others. The clamps spin to lock, and this makes them easier to operate.
- They tend to be more effective compared to U-bolts that are at times difficult to handle whenever you need to lock and unlock your cargo box.
- Highly dependable thanks to their sturdy make that enable them to stand harsh weather even in the worst hurricanes without leaking or getting damaged.
- The design of the device is impeccable, and it easily blends with the color of your car
- It has grips on the bottom that slide back and forth until you can tighten it
- You can access the Roof Cargo Box for Golf Clubs form any side of your vehicle
- It has a high capacity that enables you to put more load inside and enjoy a smooth ride
- Made of fibreglass that is highly durable
Pros of the Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
- The device is virtually silent, and even when you are driving at high speed it is almost impossible to notice that you have it
- The roof cargo box is large and spacious enough to fit even the longest skis hence giving you convenience.
- The roof cargo Box for Golf clubs is constructed using high-quality materials that offer it durability
- The device is lightweight, and this allows you to lift it with ease and mount it on your car rooftop without necessarily needing help
- The rooftop cargo has high compatibility with almost all crossbars that are factory installed, and thus you can always be sure to enjoy vast options even after using it for many years
- Installing this roof cargo Box for Golf clubs is easy and quick, and since it requires less skill, you can be sure to fix it up quickly and start your journey
Cons of the Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
- This type of roof cargo Box for Golf clubs does not fit in all kinds of vehicles, and thus one must be careful to consider enough research before they can purchase it
- The device is expensive, and it may not be the right choice for anyone that is on a budget
- There is inconsistency in the manufacturing of the device, and thus it may not meet the exact expectations of the user
JEGS Performance Products 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Description of the JEGS Performance Products 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
If you are looking for a cheaper option of a roof cargo Box for Golf clubs to purchase, you can never go wrong with the JEGS Performance Products 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier.
Even with its cheap price, you can always be sure to enjoy great functionality form this device.
It is also bound to offer you a longer service, and it is among the bestselling roof cargo boxes in the market.
Clients that have been using this device give some positive feedback about it.
Even with its cheap price, it is important that you find out whether it is compatible with your car and cross bars before purchasing it.
Features of the JEGS Performance Products 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
- The roof cargo box weighs 18lbs, and this makes it one of the lightweight cargo boxes that you can use.
- Even after loading the gulf clubs inside the device, you can be sure to enjoy a lightweight feel and experience form the latter
- The roof cargo Box for Golf clubs is hard-sided hence you can be sure of enjoying a longer service from it and a more sturdy feel
- The waterproof nature of this device makes it one of the few exceptional choices that you can have whenever you need to transport your golf clubs as they are fully protected from harsh weather particularly during winter or a storm.
- This device has a robust locking system that allows you to lock and keep your belongings safe free from theft or falling off from the bag whenever you are travelling
- The roof cargo box has a capacity of 18 cubic feet, and this enables you to store more equipment and transport them safely to the place that you plan to use them.
- The installation process of this roof cargo box is not complicated, and it even gets easier as you do not require any tools whenever you to get it working
- Accessing the golf clubs from this roof cargo box is not difficult as the lock system is easy and simple to operate
- It has supports that hold the lid up whenever you need to open them and down whenever you need to close them
- The roof cargo Box for Golf clubs is made of plastic that protects it and gives it safety whenever you are transporting it
Pros of the JEGS Performance Products 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
- Lightweight: the roof cargo box is not heavy thanks to the thin plastic used in its making
- The high affordability of this device makes it a good option of for anyone that may be on a budget but in need of a quality cargo box to transport their golf clubs
- The device is also sturdy, and this enables you to enjoy a longer service time without having to plan on extra expenditures of a new roof cargo that can cost you extra money that is unplanned
Cons of the JEGS Performance Products 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
- The roof cargo carrier usually has quality issues that may interfere with its normal working, and it may limit the user in terms of the load that he can put in it
- The look of the device is of low quality, and this may discourage some people from purchasing it despite its low price
- The roof cargo carrier does not fit all the cross rail configurations, and thus it may interfere with the needs of its clients and lower their chances of enjoying more factors that are important in ensuring safety and convenience
Inno Shadow Rooftop Cargo Box
Description of the Inno Shadow Rooftop Cargo Box
This is one of the greatest choices for people that have long golf clubs. It is lightweight, and it still has high durability that enables it to last long and offer you value for your money.
The device is among the rear ones that can carry extremely long materials, and the user does not need to worry about the security of their belongings.
This type of rooftop cargo carrier can hold the weight of about 6-8 skis, extremely long fishing poles for deep-sea fishing among many other extremely long materials that may be useful for your travel activities.
The cargo box is powerful, and it has similar properties of the Thule and Yakima roof cargo carriers.
Still, it is more powerful as its aerodynamics are much better compared to that of its competitors.
It also has better streamlines, and thus it is a roof cargo box that you can rely on whenever you want to carry your golf clubs.
Features of the Inno Shadow Rooftop Cargo Box
- The aerodynamic shape of the cargo box helps in minimizing noise from the wind and drag
- Has a matte black finish that enables it to blend quickly with your car
- It has a safety lock system that locks the box and lid to render it safe for your belongings. You cannot remove the key from the device unless the lid is closed properly and fully
- You can access all your cargo from any side thanks to the dual side opening mechanism of the roof cargo box.
- The box is easy to open, and you only need to push the button and open the lid with a single hand to access your cargo
- Installing the device is simple and less complicated thanks to its clamps which are simple and easy to use.
- The clamps mount easily, and thus you do not require any tools to get it fixed on your car.
- It has four anchor points that make it easy for you to tie down the gear inside the box with the help of the straps included
- The cargo box is made of ABS plastic lid with two gears
- The base of the roof cargo box is made of SPM injection
- The box weighs 42 lbs
Pros of the Inno Shadow Rooftop Cargo Box
- This roof cargo Box for Golf clubs is highly compatible with almost all types of vehicles
- The lightweight of this cargo box is an added advantage to it as it gives you easy accessibility and it even gets better whenever you want to fix it in your vehicle
- It is among the few roof cargo boxes that can carry overly long cargo for longer distances without wobbling in your vehicle
- It is a low profile device with colors that easily blend with your vehicle hence it does not look awkward on top of your vehicle
- The aerodynamic of this roof cargo box is amendable, and it is greater and admirable compared to that of its competitors, and thus it gives this cargo box more power
Cons of the Inno Shadow Rooftop Cargo Box
- The cargo box is expensive compared to others, but it gives you value for your money due to its power and high performance
- The locking mechanism of this roof cargo box is weak, and thus it may not offer enough protection to your cargo
- If you drive the vehicle at high speed, you may experience loud wind noise from the cargo box, and this may not be appealing
Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
Description of the Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
If you are looking for a smaller roof cargo Box for Golf clubs for your golf clubs, this always makes a perfect choice.
It is smaller compared to other types, and thus you can be sure to enjoy extra space in your vehicle whenever you need to transport your cargo including your golf clubs.
It is also a high-quality box that you can be sure to use for a longer time thanks to its durability.
Its sturdy nature also enables you to load a wide range of cargo that you want to carry along with you to your travel destination.
The roof cargo box is also specially designed with a mechanism that enables you to lock it and enjoy the safety of your cargo no matter how far you travel.
Besides, there is close to no wind noise form this device, and you can always be sure to enjoy serenity whenever you are driving to your chosen destination.
Features of the Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
- The eight cubic feet has the capacity to carry the cargo of up to 110 lbs. with that, you can be sure to load your golf clubs and enjoy the safety in the sturdy box
- The cargo box is instructed using the latest ABS plastic mechanism, and its UV protected mechanism gives it the ability to resist harsh weather.
- Besides, its impact resistance is special in enabling it to maintain its sturdy feel and nature
- The waterproof nature of this device is also an added advantage as it protects your cargo from soaking in water hence offering you a chance to enjoy a better and easy ride
- The roof cargo Box for Golf clubs has two locking systems that secure and protect your cargo from theft or falling off from the box whenever you are driving at a high speed
- It has a fairly large capacity that can fit at least two sets of golf clubs and this enables you to enjoy the versatility that this device brings to you
- The box opens in one side, and though it lacks the dual opening mechanism, you can still be sure to quickly access your cargo with ease
- The device also fits around crossbars, and thus it is a better choice for few things that you need to carry as it also offers you a chance to fit it in in Yakima crossbars
Pros of the Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
- Installing this device is not a complicated task, and you can be sure to quickly access your cargo as the lid remains in one position for you to lock it when you are done
- The device is lightweight, and this makes it a perfect choice for smaller cars as the user barely feels the impact of the latter
- The small size of this cargo box leaves you with extra space to load your bike rack and enjoy more space to load any cargo that you want to carry along with you.
- The cargo box has a special mechanism of keeping all your content dry and secure hence you need not worry about rain or losing your cargo as it has a safe and sturdy locking system
- The roof cargo box is sturdy, and it allows you to enjoy longer service due to its durability
Cons of the Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
- The process of installing this device is complicated, and you may also have a difficult time figuring out on the things that you require to fix it.
- If this is not your cup of tea, be sure to seek help from a friend that may have set it or a professional as they may handle the installation process faster than you
- The device only offers a limited warranty, and thus you may have to pay for the cost of repair in case you face any problems with the cargo box
SportRack Horizon Cargo Box
Description of the SportRack Horizon Cargo Box
This is another spacious cargo box that suits your needs.
It is effective in carrying many golf clubs and it even better when it comes to its spacious interior that allows you to even leave your golf clubs inside whenever you arrive at your destination unlike other cargo boxes in the market.
The single opening mechanism of the roof cargo box makes it easier for you to open and load any cargo that you plan to put inside.
It brings you more advantages that you can enjoy whenever you need to load the latter on your vehicle.
Features of the SportRack Horizon Cargo Box
- The roof cargo box is made of ABS plastic that gives it durability and sturdiness.
Besides, the ABS plastic is designed to stand harsh weather conditions and hold the impact whenever you are driving
- The centralized lock of the unit is secure, and you can be sure that your cargo is safe any time that you are driving
- The device has a side opening mechanism that enables you to open it from its side and enjoy vast options whenever you want to load and unload it
- The roof cargo box has a warranty that enables you to enjoy free services any time that you face problems with its functionality
Pros of the SportRack Horizon Cargo Box
- The installation process of this cargo box is not complicated
- The device easily fits in most factory racks without any problems
- The design of the device is attractive, and it gives your vehicle an aesthetic look
- The durability of the cargo box is an added advantage to you as you get to enjoy a longer service from it
Cons of the SportRack Horizon Cargo Box
- It may be difficult to travel to some places with the roof cargo boxes
- The roof cargo box at times makes unnecessary wind noise that may not be pleasing whenever you drive at a high speed
Goplus Cargo Box
Description of the Goplus Cargo Box
This is one of the strongly constructed roof cargo boxes. It is bound to strongly hold your golf clubs, and it prevents them from damage, wear and tear whenever you are travelling with your cargo.
It is also designed with metallic lid stiffeners that make it stronger and prevent it from wobbling whenever you are driving at high speed.
Features of the Goplus Cargo Box
- It is easy to install thanks to its four quick connect anchors that simplify the process
- It has a double locking mechanism that protects your cargo from theft
- It has a capacity of 14 cubics and this makes storage easier
- It is equipped with lid stiffeners that make it stable and sturdy
- It comes with two similar keys that you can always duplicate in case you lose them
- It has a dual-sided opening so that you can access the cargo from any side of the vehicle
Pros of the Goplus Cargo Box
- Lightweight and thus carrying it is never a complicated task
- The device is durable hence you can be sure of enjoying a longer service
- The high-quality nature of the device is exceptional as it gives it a longer life
- Easy to install and you do not need extra help from third parties
Cons of the Goplus Cargo Box
- The device has a low weight limit hence you should be careful on the cargo that you plan to load in the latter
There is a wide variety of roof cargo boxes that you can purchase.
The choice of your preferred cargo box is determined by the features that it has and each cargo box has different ones.
Roof cargo boxes that are waterproof tend to be more reliable compared to those that lack this feature.
Besides, the locking system of the device is essential as well as its durability. The materials used in manufacturing the devices determine whether it lasts long or not.
Factors to Consider When Buying Roof Cargo Box for Golf Clubs
The shape of the roof box that you choose to purchase matters the most as they both determine whether you can carry many equipment or not.
The length and width of the box determine the number of equipment that you can carry.
If you do not plan to only carry golf clubs in your box, you should consider purchasing a box that leaves extra space in the roof bars.
The length of the golf clubs that you plan to carry also determine the shape of the box that you buy. If you plan to carry long ones, a longer box is a good option.
Be sure to check the centimetres of the boxes that you plan to buy. The capacity of the boxes that you want to purchase should be determined by the number of golf clubs that you plan to carry along.
A box with a bigger capacity is better as they give you extra space to place the extra equipment that you may have on your way back.
If you like to have a fully waterproof roof cargo box, you should be sure to research and get to gain information about the customer reviews online.
Waterproof boxes tend to be more effective and highly reliable during bad weather like winter. They also protect your golf clubs against soaking in water which may be harmful to them.
If you intend to travel to places with extreme weather conditions, the durability of the roof cargo box becomes paramount.
Be sure to select one that is manufactured with the right materials that can last longer and stay strong even on exposure to some harsh conditions.
Cheaper roof cargo boxes tend to have a thinner material and lower quality which may affect their durability.
Be sure not to choose price over quality as you end up sending more on repair and replacement of the parts of the device that you purchase.
UV protected OB plastic tends to be the best device that can easily stand almost all types of weather conditions hence bringing you durability closer to you.
They also withstand high impact, wear and tear and rain.
Locking System and Security
The more advanced that the locking system of the roof cargo box that you purchase is, the more security you get from it.
Boxes with high-end locking systems protect your golf clubs from theft.
Boxes with a single lock offer lower security, and you can easily pry it open from its sides and get the golf clubs out without much strain.