Top 10 Best Nano Protein Skimmer Reviews
If you keep small-sized types of fish, you may be wondering about the best ways to keep their premises clean.
You do not need to worry anymore as there is a wide variety of fish aquarium protein skimmers that you can use for your Nano aquariums.
Even with the small size of the tank, you still need particular types of skimmers to keep it neat and maintain a conducive environment for your fish.
Below is a review of the best Nano protein skimmers to use.
Tunze nano doc protein skimmer – 9004
Description of the Tunze nano doc protein skimmer – 9004
The nano simmer is equipped with Tunze foam that thoroughly mixes surface water in the film to help eliminate all types of dirt in it.
The skimmer is suitable for marine water and some types of aquariums with mixed stone.
Since it works better in such environments, it continues to give you the best experience in your nano aquarium.
Features of the Tunze nano doc protein skimmer – 9004
- Equipped with a patented magnet holder that allows it to hold glasses with a thickness of up to 12mm
- Surface intake that has a film to help in the removal of bacteria from the nano aquarium
- The intermediate chamber that has a system that prevents over foaming to enhance the quality of the cleaning process
- A great design of comline that gives the device better elegance and looks while in your aquarium
- Airflow silencer that prevents any kind of noise while the device is functioning
Pros of the Tunze nano doc protein skimmer – 9004
- The device is easy to clean as you can easily take its parts apart and clean them thoroughly
- It gives out more skim than most nano skimmers, and this enhances the rate at which it cleans your aquarium for the best and desirable results.
- It is one of the excellent devices in removing the top film layer that always turns out difficult for other nano skimmers to remove effectively.
The skimming power of the unit ensures that the entire film layer is out of seeing and thus gives your fish a clean and safe environment to thrive
Cons of the Tunze nano doc protein skimmer – 9004
- Leaking bubbles that sow down its efficiency in trapping the dissolved solids in your aquarium tank, thus giving you results that you may not be expecting.
- Too many microbubbles that slow down the cleaning abilities of the nano skimmer
Description of the Eshopps Nano Protein Skimmer 10-35G
If you are looking to save more on your energy bills, this type of skimmer is the best for you.
It does not add up to high bills in your power. Besides, the needle impeller of the device enables it to deliver the best results by producing bubbles that are more effective in trapping the solids dissolved in your aquarium tank.
Besides, its sleek and compact size is great for you as you can place it in your aquarium with ease and quickly.
Here are vast benefits that you can enjoy from this type of nano protein skimmer.
- Needle shaped impellers that are exceptional when it comes to completing a thorough cleaning job as they form bubbles with needle shapes to trap any debris in your tank easily
- Collection cup that you can easily remove from the device to empty al the debris that gathers in it
- It has a mount with a magnet to enable you to mount it to your aquarium with ease and get your job done
- Suitable for marine aquariums tanks between 10 to 35 gallons for I to work effectively
- The skimmer comes in a small footprint that allows you to save space and place it anywhere without consuming the small space that you reserve for your aquarium in your house.
- The skimmer is easy to install, and it does not any special instructions or guidance from a professional for you to complete the process efficiently.
- The magnetic make of the skimmer is adjustable thus you can place it at any position in the aquarium and get the best results in a few minutes
- The skimmer uses about 6W, and this allows it to save energy.
- It is made in Italy
Pros of the Eshopps Nano Protein Skimmer 10-35G
- Energy-efficient due to the low watts that it uses, and this reduces your overall power bills
- Small footprint that creates its flexibility as you can mount it in any position to save space
- Easy to install as most of the instructions in the manual have an accompaniment of diagrams that are easy to read and understand
- High quality that is well built to allow you to enjoy long years of service as it is made with acrylic materials
- Compact size that turns out to be flexible for your nano aquarium
Cons of the Eshopps Nano Protein Skimmer 10-35G
- The skimmer turns out not to be efficient as it takes longer to break in and this may delay your cleaning process hence interfering with your set schedule
- The magnet connector of the skimmer is weak, and it may break if you fail to handle it carefully
- If you fail to keep the water line right, the skimmer cannot work efficiently
Comline DOC Protein Skimmer 9001
Description of the Comline DOC Protein Skimmer 9001
The protein skimmers have a unique flushing technique that allows for the generation of many bubbles in your tank for effective cleaning.
The mechanism of the skimmer of antifoaming allows maximum trapping of the microbes from the tank to prevent them from returning to the tank hence allowing for an effective cleaning up process.
Features of the Comline DOC Protein Skimmer 9001
- Ideal for 20 to 160 gallons
- Has air capacity of 150lh
- Its skimmer cups take up to 0.2litres
- Simple installation: and you can choose to install it into the corner of your aquarium, and this allows it to work efficiently
- The plug and play mechanism of the skimmer enables you to skip the lengthy installation process which is usually tiring most times
- A flush mechanism that allows the water skimmer to hold contact with the waste materials for a long time hence preventing them from going back to the tank hence completing the whole cleaning process at a go
- The controller of the skimmer operates at great efficiency volts that allow it to save power; hence you get lower power bills.
Pros of the Comline DOC Protein Skimmer 9001
- The skimmer does not take time for the break-in, and this allows it to start forming foam in just a few hours after plugging it
- The skimmer is small with a compact design a feature that will enable it to remain quiet and give you a longer service
- The skimmer is different from most in the market as you do not have to keep adjusting it or making any updates
- The anti over foaming aspect of the skimmer makes it a reliable unit to use in your nano aquarium as, through this, it creates efficiency on how it works in trapping the materials
- The unit has silicon buffers that help in the prevention of vibrations coming from the cleaning process, and this gets rid of noise from the unit
Cons of the Comline DOC Protein Skimmer 9001
- Before the skimmer breaks in, it produces too many microbubbles that are not desirable for the cleaning up process
- The skimmer water line must be correct during the setting else it may fail to work according to its initial standards
- Some users find the unit to be too big for a nano aquarium
Description of the Aquatic Life 115 Mini Internal Protein Skimmer
The Aquatic Life 115 Mini Internal Protein Skimmer turns to work better for people with reef aquariums due to its small size that allows rook for flexibility and easy fixing in all types of environments.
The mechanism of the skimmer makes it function better, and it brings high end cleaning experiences to users at a good price.
Features of the Aquatic Life 115 Mini Internal Protein Skimmer
- Has a needle wheel impeller that allows the water to stay longer into contact with the air thus increasing the efficiency of the process
- Cups that you can mount in your aquarium and will enable them to hold the wastes form the cleaning up process taking place in the tank
- Requires the water line to between the dimensions of 3-3/4
- The design in which the unit is locked reduces the problems that you are likely to go through while opening and closing it after completing the cleaning process
- The channel of the unit is well built-in, and this helps it to protect the power cord which may cause trouble when it comes into contact with the water during the skimming process
- The skimmer has a streamlined design that is effective in eliminating wastes
- Adjustable: the skimmer has a special feature for adjusting it to the position that you want and this makes it easy for you to use it at any point in your aquarium
- Compact size: that brings a better experience for you whenever you want to carry it or adjust it for skimming
- The capacity of the skimmer is impressive as you can use it tends to take more gallons compared to some nano skimmer models
- The lock design of the skimmer is quick and easy to operate, and this enables you to open it for cleaning and quickly assemble it back
- The collection cup of the unit is made of clear plastic that is an excellent feature to allow you to notice whenever it is filled up with debris
Cons of the Aquatic Life 115 Mini Internal Protein Skimmer
- The skimmer tends to leak at times, and this may be a factor that can discourage some nano aquarium owners form purchasing it as they have to clean the area often
- Quiet: the skimmer operates quietly as it is internally based in the unit
- The unit stops to skim abruptly, and this may call for frequent checkups on it whenever it is cleaning up your aquarium
Description of the Hydor USA SlimSkim Internal Skimmer
The skimmer has its making with new technology that makes its performance better. With its collection cup, you can trap and empty wastes.
The unit saves space, and it has a sleek design that brings its good looks.
Features of the Hydor USA SlimSkim Internal Skimmer
- Small footprint that allows you to store in different positions for an easy experience
- Has a system with an anti-vibration mechanism that will enable it to reduce noise
- Air control hat you can adjust to suit the level of cleaning that you want for your unit
- Energy-efficient: the unit consumes low energy
- Comes with a grid that allows our fish to stay safe and avoid any forms of injury
- Its suction cup is magnetic, and this makes the mounting process easy and simple
Pros of the Hydor USA SlimSkim Internal Skimmer
- Energy-efficient: the unit consumes less energy, and this prevents you from the worries of handling high power bills
- The foaming level of the unit is adjustable, and it enables you to choose the level at which happens to depend on how effective you want the process of your cleaning to happen
- Affordable: the skimmer has a price that reflects its abilities to deliver more for less
- It is an excellent skimmer for beginners in fish keeping
Cons of the Hydor USA SlimSkim Internal Skimmer
- Setting up the machine is difficult, and due to its sensitivity, it may take a while before one gets it to work
- The unit may stop to skim after a while, and this slows down the process of skimming
- In the first days of installing it, the unit produces too many microbubbles
Description of the Bubble Magus QQ1 Hang On Nano Protein Skimmer
The hang-on nano skimmer is efficient in delivering you a great cleaning experience.
Besides, it comes with the needle like wheels that enhance the nature of the bubbles produced in the tank to facilitate the attraction of microbes that dwell in your water. With its amendable benefits, the fish tank skimmer brings you an exclusive cleaning experience to ensure that your fish stays in a good environment.
- Foam bubble reducer that checks the number of bubbles being generated to make the cleaning more efficient
- Needle wheel pump that consumes less power and gives excellent results through giving the bubbles a better shape to attract more microbes
- The skimmer is easy to use and does not provide a lot of complications when it comes to setting them for the work.
- The skimmer delivers excellent results for tanks up to 25 gallons, and it also comes in many other capacities to ensure that you enjoy better services for your fish aquarium
- The skimmers have a thickness of about 12mm, and this enhances its flexibility
Pros of the Bubble Magus QQ1 Hang On Nano Protein Skimmer
- Quiet: during the air intake process, the skimmer remains silent, and you can barely notice that it is on
- Reliable: the skimmer is excellent in the cleaning process, and it offers excellent results through the vast number of features that it flaunts. It has been amended by clients for its ability to clean up nano tanks in just a short while
- Efficient pump: the pump of the unit is of high quality, and it pumps the air at high speed to ensure that the cleaning process starts shortly after plugging it
- Maximum skimming: the unit kicks strats the skimming process in only a short while after you plug it in and the amount of skim that it produces works right in producing the best results for a better experience
Cons of the Bubble Magus QQ1 Hang On Nano Protein Skimmer
- The skimmer is not affordable, and some people think that its price is exaggerated
- Small size: the skimmer is too small for its price, and this may make it unreliable for your cleaning process if your aquarium is a bit bigger
Description of the AquaC Nano Remora
The skimmer is almost identical to some standard size ones, but its height is shortened a bit to fit in smaller aquariums.
The superior quality of the skimmer gives it credit compared to other skimmers of its size.
It is powered by a mega power jet that gives it a better ability to deliver the best results for your cleaning endeavors at home.
- The skimmer has grey acrylic that enables it to inhibit the growth of algae and other organisms in your water tank.
- The skimmer has two screws that you can use to adjust it and position it to the right height depending on the size of your aquarium. Besides, the screws are easy to use, and they create more convenience for you
- The collection cup has a ring that you can also adjust and position it on an upwards or downwards position to determine how effective it collects the materials of the skimming process
- The unit is ideal for groups that range up to 20 gallons, and thus it is great for your nano aquarium
- The 900 maxi pump that powers the skimmer is a great solution to giving it more power to deliver its service at the highest speed.
- Cleaning brush: the nano skimmer has a nylon brush that you can use to clean it whenever it seems to be messed up. The latter continues to be a great choice for you due to its high reliability.
- You can also position the skimmer in a vertical position above the tank, and this gives it enough stability to serve you the greatest purpose
Pros of the AquaC Nano Remora
- Very powerful: the skimmer generates high power thanks to its jet pump that offers it a high capability. With that, it gets to remove all nitrites and organism at high speed to give you a sparkling aquarium water tank
- Easy to install: the setting procedures of the skimmer are easy, and this makes it easy to use.
- The collection cup of the skimmer is easy to use, and its big size is an added advantage to you as you get to enjoy more free time as you wait for the cleaning process to come to an end.
- Strong body: the design of the skimmer is strong, and this gives it a sturdy feel and looks that allows it to keep providing you longer services as it cannot break easily
Cons of the AquaC Nano Remora
- The skimmer has a short warranty period of 90 days, and this may not create efficiency for you, especially when any of its parts get damaged.
- Occupies space: despite the small size of the skimmer, it tends to occupy more space due to its sturdy materials and its maxi jet pump.
You might need to have a bigger space in your house before starting up the installation process
Description of the AquaMaxx WS-1
This type of unit is an in-sump skimmer that only works for a specific type of skimmers.
The effectiveness of the skimmer is exceptional, and it is only bound to offer the best experiences to people with AIO type of aquarium.
The high-quality materials of the latter make it the best option for you. It continues to give you the best cleaning experience as long as you install and use it the right way.
- The pump of the skimmers consumes a power of about 8 watts, and this enables it to save energy
- The protein skimmer is suitable for use in salty water
- The needle-like a wheel that allows the skimmer to form spiral-like bubbles which tend to be more effective in attracting and holding the organism in your water tank to deliver the bets cleaning experiences.
- The skimmer has one year warranty, and this offers you an extended period to enjoy its great benefits and check on its working conditions to determine its ability to function according to the abilities indicated on the latter
- Easy to set up and use: the setup process of the skimmer is simple and easy to read. Besides, the use diagrams that the skimmer comes along with are excellent and easy to follow for you to finish up the process quickly and begin your cleaning process.
- Highly reliable with their small size as you can place them at the back of your aquarium and save yourself the trouble of worrying about the space that they may have to consume
- The skimmer is suitable for up to 65 gallons, and this gives more options to use with different aquariums
- Pump with low power consumption that makes it an ideal choice for your bill saving strategies
Pros of the AquaMaxx WS-1
- The skimmer does not require any kind of installations that may bother the user. They are always ready for use right after removing them out of the box
- Quiet and smooth: the mechanism at which the skimmer sucks the air to the tank ensures that it remains silent to bring you more peace at your home and also to keep your fish undistracted.
- The unit is known to be the best skimmer among other nano skimmers as it removes more skim compared to all.
- The skimmer does not require you to keep adjusting it as holds itself stable depending on how firm you set it
- You do not need to keep cleaning the skimmer
- The skimmer works instantly and does not take a long break-in time compared to other types
Cons of the AquaMaxx WS-1
- The skimmer limits most people that want to purchase it but lack the AOI type of aquariums. It can only connect to sumps
Description of the Coralife Biocube Protein Skimmer
The self-priming device removes huge amounts of organic water from your aquarium to purify your water and make it better for the survival of your fish.
The skimmer is suitable for 30 gallons. It is easy to set up as it is not a bulky unit.
Features of the Coralife Biocube Protein Skimmer
- The pump creates high convenience through its self-priming mechanism to allow you to enjoy more free time as it gets the work done
- The airflow of the device is adjustable, and it enables the unit to give a better bubble experience for the water tank to have pure water
- The chamber is cone-shaped to allow room for better contact with the water and microbes that enhance the quality of the skimming process.
- Ideal for only salty water aquariums
- Collection cup that is big enough to facilitate the process of debris collection and this promotes a cleaner environment for you
Pros of the Coralife Biocube Protein Skimmer
- Affordable: the skimmers price is incredible, and you can have it for your aquarium even when you are on a budget
- Saves space: the skimmer comes in a relatively small size that creates convenience through consuming less space
- Simple to use: the unit is easy to use, and you do not have to complete any type of settings as you can only plug it and use start using the latter
- The unit does not produce a lot of skim, and this slows down the process of cleaning as the amount of skim produced reflect the nature of the bubbles in the tank
- Low performance: the inability of the unit to produce enough skim slows down the performance. As a result, you should not expect too much form the cleaning up process as you may fail to see much changes in a short time
- Only suitable for salty water aquariums: the fact that the skimmer is ideal for only salty water environments, it may limit people that want to purchase it but with freshwater aquariums
Description of the Mame Nano Skimmer
The Mame Nano Skimmer is a great design of skimmer that you can have at your home.
The unit comes with a great sleek, slim design that you can enjoy using in your aquarium.
Its features outstand among those of many skimmers, and it continues to be a unit that can only offer you more aesthetic looks at your home.
Features of the Mame Nano Skimmer
- Slim design that gives the skimmer a great aesthetic look. Besides, the design ensures that you easily mount it to your aquarium without having to worry about the space that it takes
- Collection cup that handles debris that you can deposit afterward
- It comes with a clip that you should use in mounting the slim body to your aquarium. The clip is a great choice for use with the skimmer as it tends to last blend well with it
- Clean design: the skimmer has a beautiful, strong look that attracts most people’s attention
- Has a small footprint that creates its ability to save space
Pros of the Mame Nano Skimmer
- Quiet: the skimmer does not make noise, and this favors your fish as they continue to enjoy their peace and time to play
- Affordable: the item is not pricey, and you can always replace it at any time that you need to do so
- Sturdy design: the classy design of the device makes it a great option to place in your aquarium to give it a good look
- Too many microbubbles that slow down the process of the skimming in the tank.
- The lid of the skimmer keeps falling off, and it may cause a lot of trouble for you. If the lid falls off, you might need to collect the debris and clean up the place each moment.
There is a wide range of nano protein skimmers that you can purchase depending on the functionality of the latter.
The vast types of nano skimmers allow you to choose from their features and level of functionality.