Top 10 Best Hummingbird Feeders for Your Garden
Hummingbirds are charming creatures, and they bring entertainment at our backyards.
They have beautiful colors, and they bring life back to your home. With their beautiful bird sounds, they can light up your day, and you get to enjoy watching them.
People call them songbirds due to their soothing songs.
The birds have an uncontrollable appetite for nectar, and their taste varies with the type of hummingbird.
To keep them coming back to your backyard, you should select the right type of nectar.
Choosing the right type of Hummingbird Feeders is not easy, and there are many things that you should put in place before purchasing one for them.
You should be sure that the feeder can keep the nectar away from rain, strong winds, and other elements of nature like predators.
Research is always the best way to go before settling for any type of hummingbird feeder.
In this article, we guide you on the different types of hummingbird feeders in the market and the things you should be keen on when selecting the products.
Tips to Choose Hummingbird Feeders
Some hummingbird feeders are vertical, while others are horizontal.
The birds can use any type, but the number of hummingbirds that you receive in your backyard may determine the type of feeders that you want to purchase.
Models are changing with time, and before buying the feeders, you should look out for these factors.
You should be sure to choose a hummingbird feeders that has ports and ant moats to protect the birds from pests that can prevent them from enjoying their nectar.
Ants can be the major intruders to your hummingbird feeder, and they can chase away the birds.
You should be choosy when it comes to the Hummingbird Feeders that you want to purchase.
Bees also tend to contaminate the nectar, and they can infiltrate the nectar, making it unsuitable for your birds.
You should also be sure not to purchase feeders with yellow accents as they tend to attract the attention of yellow jackets, which can be dangerous to your hummingbirds.
Easy to Clean
Bacteria tend to build up quickly during warm weather, and they can pose a great danger to the birds.
You should be sure to clean the Hummingbird Feeders at least five times to get rid of the bacteria that may have possibly built up in the feeder.
You should purchase feeders that you can scrub thoroughly to eliminate bacteria.
Be sure to avoid buying feeders that have narrow necks as they make it difficult for you to clean them.
Besides, the type of brush that you choose for the cleaning purposes should be able to access the inner part of the feeder for a thorough scrubbing and perfect cleaning.
Your hummingbird population determines the capacity of the feeder that you should choose.
If you want to attract more hummers, you should place more feeders in your backyard.
If the population of the hummingbirds in your compound is small, you should place small capacity feeders in several points.
You should be sure to place the feeders out of sight from each other to prevent dominant hummingbirds from controlling them all.
You should also be conservative of the nectar by only placing the right amount in the different feeders so that the birds can consume it all before cleaning time.
If you observe the routine, you can be sure to stay consistent with your cleaning routines and prevent the accumulation of bacteria to your Hummingbird Feeders.
You should keep your feeder with surplus supplies of nectar that is rich in energy to keep your hummingbirds coming.
The birds need to be fed at least 5 to 8 times in one hour, and thus it is your responsibility to avail the nectar.
You have higher chances of attracting the hummingbirds with the nectar during spring when there is low availability of natural flower nectar.
You can also save costs by making your nectar at home.
Such nectar is safe for hummingbirds as it does not contain coloring and preservatives.
The birds tend to like table sugar, and thus to make better nectar for them, you should mix tap water or boiled water with sugar.
For one part of sugar, you should mix in four parts of water.
Avoid using honey, natural dye, or brown sugar as they may be harmful to the birds.
You can preserve the nectar in the refrigerator for about two weeks before you dispose it.
You should focus on the functionality of the feeders and ignore the form.
Some feeders that look pretty do not meet the requirements of feeding hummingbirds, and it may be impossible for the birds to use them.
Besides, cleaning them may be a difficult task.
Types of Hummingbird Feeders
First Nature 3055 Hummingbird Feeder
Description of the First Nature 3055 Hummingbird Feeder
If you are looking to enjoy a serene environment with beautiful birds, you can make your dream possible by purchasing this hummingbird feeder.
It is the easiest one to use in the market, and it brings diverse ways of attracting the charming birds to your place.
With its red color, you can be sure to attract inquisitive hummingbirds.
The device holds a considerable amount of nectar, and you can keep your feathered friends nourished for the longest time possible.
You should be sure to place it near a flowering plant to bring the birds closer to your home in large numbers.
Features of the First Nature 3055 Hummingbird Feeder
- The device has a red perch to allow the birds to drink and drink with comfort
- It has a vibrant red cap to attract more hummingbirds
- The device features ten stations for feeding multiple birds
- It is large enough to hold considerable amounts of nectar to feed your hummingbirds
- It has a design with a wide mouth for you to clean it easily and for the birds to feed with ease
Pros of the First Nature 3055 Hummingbird Feeder
- Easy to clean thanks to its wide mouth that simplifies the process. The mouth allows you to quickly remove bird poop and clean up the mess with soap and water
- Durable: the device is made of plastic materials that prevent it from breaking in case it falls when blown away by the wind
- Easy to use: the device does not require any complicated processes when setting it, and with its wide mouth, you can easily place the nectar inside
- The red color is bright enough to attract birds quickly
Cons of the First Nature 3055 Hummingbird Feeder
- The weight of the feeder is too light, and thus it can be blown away by the heavy breeze
Aspects HummZinger HighView Hummingbird Feeder
Description of the Aspects HummZinger HighView Hummingbird Feeder
If you like to enjoy a better view of hummingbirds from your window or backyard, you can never go wrong with the Aspects HummZinger HighView Hummingbird Feeder.
It is an upgrade feeder from the company that is slightly different from the other models. There are vast features that you can benefit from with this device.
It has an impressive design with a bright red color to keep the birds coming.
With its compact design, the feeder is bound to stand strong breezes and keep your birds safe.
Besides, it has vast ports to support even the youngest and most delicate hummingbirds in your backyard. It can as well, hold large amounts of nectar.
Features of the Aspects HummZinger HighView Hummingbird Feeder
- Three feeding ports: the three ports allow the feeder to handle many hummingbirds at a time
- It has 8 oz capacity that enables it to handle large amounts of nectar to feed your birds
- It has a sturdy construction of poly bicarbonate that prevents it from breaking even when it falls down
- It has a red cover that is bright enough to attract hummingbirds and bring them closer to your backyard to suck the nectar.
- The cover is easily removable for quick and easy cleaning
- The device has a device that allows you to hang it or place it on a post
- It has raised flower-like devices that divert rain from the nectar hence protecting the birds
- It has an inbuilt ant moat that keeps pests away
- It has a high view perch for you to have an unobstructed view of the birds
Pros of the Aspects HummZinger HighView Hummingbird Feeder
- The device is easy to clean thanks to its wide design that allows you to empty the dirt easily and clean it with soap and water
- It is easy to use, and you do not require a user manual to mount it on the post
- The perch is large enough to accommodate at least four birds at a time
- The device is durable thanks to its poly material that is sturdy and unbreakable
- It is lightweight for you to carry it and fix it in the right position without straining your hands
- Highly portable
- Has a compact design
Cons of the Aspects HummZinger HighView Hummingbird Feeder
- The device can be blown away by wind due to its lightweight
First Nature 993051-546 Hummingbird Feeder
Description of the First Nature 993051-546 Hummingbird Feeder
If you are interested in attracting hummingbirds in large numbers to your home, this is one of the budget-friendly feeders that you can use.
It comes at a good price with great simplicity for you to feed your hungry hummingbirds.
The device is one of the simplest ones to use, and even beginners that want to enjoy a good view of hummingbirds feeding can use it.
The device also accommodates large numbers of the birds, and you can be sure to enjoy vast photos form the beautiful view.
The large size of the device enables you to place nectar inside and feed the birds as you enjoy melodious songs.
Features of the First Nature 993051-546 Hummingbird Feeder
- It has a 16-ounce capacity and this enough to hold nectar for many hummingbirds
- The perch has a round design for you to easily place the nectar inside for easy feeding
- The feeder has a red color that is bright to attract hummingbirds from a distance
- The mouth is wide with a jar that allows you to fill it with ease for the birds to enjoy
- The many feeding ports of the device accommodate many birds at a time
- The device is leak proof due to its sealing ring
- The device comes with first nature concentrate that you can mix in the correct proportions to feed your birds
Pros of the First Nature 993051-546 Hummingbird Feeder
- The jar of the device is easy to fill with nectar for the birds to enjoy their meal
- The jar is easy to use thanks to its wide mouth that enables you to add nectar inside
- The design of the mouth makes it easy to clean, and you can easily scrub the inside with soap and water
- The affordability of the feeder makes it the perfect choice for people that are n a budget
- With this feeder, you can be sure to attract many birds due to its bright red color
- The lightweight of the feeder makes it easy for you to carry it around
Cons of the First Nature 993051-546 Hummingbird Feeder
- The transparent part of the jar tends to turn opaque in a short time after use and even when you scrub it; it never lets the yellow coating go away
ShinyArt Hummingbird Feeder
Description of the ShinyArt Hummingbird Feeder
If you need a hummingbird feeder with a different and modern design, this is the best choice for you.
Unlike other feeders that are made of plastic, this type of device is made of glass.
The glass has amazing paintings that make it one of the greatest aesthetic choices that you can have at your backyard.
Besides, the attractive paintings of the feeder make the birds attracted to it, and you can enjoy the best views from a distance.
It is also pocket friendly, and you can use it with ease.
Features of the ShinyArt Hummingbird Feeder
- The glass design of the feeder has paintings with vast colors that draw birds closer quickly compared to other feeders
- The ports of the device allow the birds to rest and enjoy the nectar with comfort
- The perch is round and good looking for the birds to rest on whenever they are done feeding
- Has a great design that features exceptional paintings to attract birds as well as 3D ports for feeding the birds.
- The ports also help in keeping harmful pests away like bees and ants.
Additionally, the feeder not only serves as special equipment for attracting hummingbirds, but it also beautifies your home for the aesthetic look that you need.
- The material used in the manufacture of the feeder is reliable and sturdy:
the materials are never harmful to the environment, and they also offer a save environment for your birds to enjoy their nectar.
Besides, the glass make of the feeder is strong, and it is bound to give you a longer service as long as you hang it in the right place.
- With its great design and aesthetic paintings, the feeder can make a great gift for your friends and family.
- Besides, you get to choose to form a wide range of models that the company sells ad match it with the taste of the friend.
Pros of the ShinyArt Hummingbird Feeder
- The device is sturdy thanks to its glass making and ports that support the weight and bring comfort to birds
- Easy to use, and one does not need to have a user manual to handle it.
- You should be careful while hanging the device on the post to ensure that it is strong and well-kept not to fall down
- Easy to clean: the device has a wide mouth, and this makes it easy to clean and scrub the inner part.
Besides, the glass make is smooth to wipe with a wet cloth and get the cleaning done
- The device has a compact design for it to bring more aesthetics to your backyard
Cons of the ShinyArt Hummingbird Feeder
- Heavy: the feeder is not easily portable and placing it on the holder is not easy as one must be extra cautious not to drop it
- Due to the paintings of the device, it is not possible for you to determine the level of the nectar and thus you may not know when it is no more
BOLITE 18005 Hummingbird Feeder
Description of the BOLITE 18005 Hummingbird Feeder
If you are looking for a durable feeder to serve you for years, this is the best choice that you can purchase.
The feeder is made of heavy-duty materials that enhance its durability.
With the vast ports that the device has, you can be sure to watch your excited birds feed and rest.
Besides, it has a red color that brings birds closer in a short time. Its large size enables it to accommodate many birds at a time.
It is highly reliable, and with its efficiency and durability, you have no reason to make it your choice.
Features of the BOLITE 18005 Hummingbird Feeder
- The device has 22 ounces capacity and thus you do not have to keep refilling it frequently
- Has an attractive design: the perch and ports are designed in flower-shaped red-colored design to enable them in attracting birds and making them stay as they enjoy the nectar
- It has an attractive design to add beauty to your backyard: the vintage touch of the feeder with the red color and floral like ports in the feeder makes .
it is one of the best ones that you can have if you need to add more live and beauty to your home. The beauty of the feeder makes the hummingbirds fall in love with it
- Filling the device is easy thanks to its wide jar
- The manufacture of the device offers you free advise and customer services for you to enjoy better services on the questions about the device
Pros of the BOLITE 18005 Hummingbird Feeder
- The device is durable: this feederismade of heavy-duty materials that give it a longer life.
With its heavy-duty materials, it can stand the weight of the hummingbirds.
- The device is weather-resistant: the materials that manufacture this device have a unique design to help them resist harsh weather, and thus they resist corrosion
- The device is easy to clean and refill because of its materials
- The feeder is compact
- It has a guarantee, and you can always return it to get a refund if the feeder does not meet your expectations
- It has a large capacity, and with its 22 az you can be sure not to spend a lot of tike refilling it
- It accommodates five hummingbirds at a time thanks to its five ports
- It has a red color that attracts birds easily
Cons of the BOLITE 18005 Hummingbird Feeder
- The feeder is heavy and thus not easily portable
Perky-Pet 8108-2 Glass Hummingbird Feeder
Description of the Perky-Pet 8108-2 Glass Hummingbird Feeder
If you need a feeder with a classic design, the Perky-Pet 8108-2 Glass Hummingbird Feeder can make a good choice for you.
It easily blends with your environment, and it can bring an aesthetic look to your garden.
It has vast features that complement its looks, and with the durability of the materials, you can enjoy longer services with the feeder.
The feeder is easy to clean, and using it is never a complicated task. Besides, it has four ports that the birds can rest and sit as they feed on the nectar.
The large jar is excellent for placing considerable amounts of nectar to allow you to enjoy an ample time watching the charming birds.
Its features are exceptional, and it is one of the rare devices that you can get in the market thanks to its uniqueness.
Features of the Perky-Pet 8108-2 Glass Hummingbird Feeder
- The antique glass is decorative, and it gives your feeder a great design to easily fit into your garden
- It holds 10oz of nectar
- It has four ports for feeding the birds, and they have a floral shape
- Has decorations that drive the birds closer for a better view
- The base of the device has a nickel finish and brushed with an ancient design to give it the best look
- The transparent look of the glass allows you to monitor the level of the nectar and refill it when necessary
Pros of the Perky-Pet 8108-2 Glass Hummingbird Feeder
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean due to its glass-smooth design
- Highly durable
- The ceramic nature of the base of the feeder gives it an aesthetic look
Cons of the Perky-Pet 8108-2 Glass Hummingbird Feeder
- The feeder does not attract birds easily due to its colors that may not be appealing to the hummingbirds
Aspects 407 Jewel Box Window Hummingbird Feeder
Description of the Aspects 407 Jewel Box Window Hummingbird Feeder
This is an up-close feeder that you can place right at your window. It is effective in bringing hummingbirds closer to your home.
It is highly dependable due to its red color that tends to be the favorite one for the birds. It is a small-sized device that is highly portable and easy to use.
You can have fun with your children by using this device at the window.
With its suction cups, you can be sure to enjoy the best view of the birds feeding on the nectar right at your window. It also accommodates several birds.
Features of the Aspects 407 Jewel Box Window Hummingbird Feeder
- Wood screws included to allow you mount it on the deck
- It has suction cups that you can place the nectar for the birds to feed on it efficiently
- The jewel box has a red color that easily attracts the birds to your window
- It has three feeding ports that can accommodate three birds, and thus you can enjoy a good view
- It has an optional ant moat to protect the birds from invasion as they feed
- You can also wash the feeder in the dishwasher to save time
- The perch has a high vie and it makes the birds comfortable as they feed on nectar
Pros of the Aspects 407 Jewel Box Window Hummingbird Feeder
- Lightweight to make it easy as you mount it to your window
- The device is easy to clean, and you can place it on the upper rack of your dishwasher
- It has a red color that attracts birds to give you the best view form your house seat
- Easy to use
- Has strong suction cups that you can place the nectar and allow the birds to feed
- Has three feeding ports
Cons of the Aspects 407 Jewel Box Window Hummingbird Feeder
- Hummingbirds tend to be afraid of this feeder at first because it is usually next to your window and this may be a challenge
More Birds Glass Hummingbird Feeders
Description of the More Birds Glass Hummingbird Feeders
Every garden deserves to have a touch of beauty and to add more life in the environment; it needs to be visited by bees, butterflies, and birds.
You can be sure to make your garden look amazing by placing the More Birds Glass Hummingbird Feeders in the areas.
The feeder is decorated with a good design to bring its aesthetic look in your garden.
The bright red color of the feeder attracts more birds. It holds about 20oz, and you can enjoy a great view of the birds from a distance.
Besides, you can monitor the level of the nectar by looking through the glass. It is a feeder that brings you value for your money.
Refilling the jar is easy, and with its wide shape, you can be sure to get the work done quickly.
Features of the More Birds Glass Hummingbird Feeders
- The feeder has five feeding ports that bring more birds to your garden for the best view
- The feeding ports and the glass of the device is painted red, and since it is the favorite color of the birds, you can be sure to have a vast number of them around your garden
- It has a nectar capacity of 20oz that saves you from refilling it each time
Pros of the More Birds Glass Hummingbird Feeders
- Easy to clean due to its glass nature
- Easy to use
- The mouth of the device is wide for easy refilling
- It is made of glass and thus monitoring the latter is easy
Cons of the More Birds Glass Hummingbird Feeders
- The customer service is bad and unappealing
Juegoal Hanging Hummingbird Feeder
Description of the Juegoal Hanging Hummingbird Feeder
If you are looking for a lightweight and highly portable hummingbird feeder, this is the greatest choice that you can make.
It has a small size, and it brings you an attractive way to bring birds to your compound.
If you like camping, the device can make a good choice to carry with you so that you can attract birds and enjoy good scenery.
Features of the Juegoal Hanging Hummingbird Feeder
- The device has eight feeding ports for the attraction and accommodation of more birds
- The feeder holds 12 ounces
- It has a cover that makes the cleaning process easy and better
- Red color to attract more birds
Pros of the Juegoal Hanging Hummingbird Feeder
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Highly portable
- Cover that is easy to detach
Cons of the Juegoal Hanging Hummingbird Feeder
- Its lightweight makes the device to easily get blown away by wind and breeze
Perky-Pet 203CPBR Pinchwaist Hummingbird Feeder
Description of the Perky-Pet 203CPBR Pinchwaist Hummingbird Feeder
This type of feeder has the most unique design. It is shaped like a wildflower.
You can place it on a tree or in a floral garden to complement its looks. It quickly attracts hummingbirds, and when they have a taste of the nectar, they keep coming back for more.
Features of the Perky-Pet 203CPBR Pinchwaist Hummingbird Feeders
- Easy to fill due to its exposed jars
- Four ports that have a floral shape
- The base is easy to detach for cleaning
- Red glass that is translucent for the quick attraction of the birds
Pros of the Perky-Pet 203CPBR Pinchwaist Hummingbird Feeders
- Easy to set up
- Easy to clean
Cons of the Perky-Pet 203CPBR Pinchwaist Hummingbird Feeder
- Leaks due to the shape of the ports