tawkboard.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site at no extra cost to you. Here is our Affiliate disclosure page
Top 10 Best Heated Bird Bath in 2020
Water is a basic requirement for animals and humans. Without it, survival can be impossible.
During winter, temperatures are low, and it may be difficult for birds to access liquid water, which is essential for them to have better health.
In such times, water quickly becomes a sheet of ice and birds cannot swim or drink it anymore.
It can be challenging for you to break the ice to get the water back into its liquid form, and you may spend a lot of time and energy doing so.
With the innovations that have been taking place on the globe, companies have been able to invent devices that can heat the water and maintain its liquid form.
The devices regulate the temperatures of the water into normal, and with that, you can provide the essential commodity to your birds.
There are many types of devices that keep the water heated for your birds, as reviewed in this article.
Factors to Consider when shopping for heated birdbath
If you are looking to purchase a state of the art birdbath, you should be careful on the features and capabilities of the items.
As a bird enthusiast, you are likely to be stuck between many birdbaths available in the market, and these factors can help you settle for the right device.
The birdbaths vary in terms of their cost. Some have higher prices than others, but you should never choose price over quality and functionality.
Be sure to choose one that meets your specific needs.
Thermostat Controlled Heater
Such heaters tend to save more energy, and these cuts the overall bills that you are likely to pay.
The heaters turn on when the temperature drops below the freezing point, and thus, they use energy when it is necessary.
Whenever you decide to install the birdbath to your home, make sure that it is strong and that it does not fall over.
Ensure that it stands the impacts of wind, bumps or rambunctious from animals like bears.
You can opt to purchase birdbaths with water pumps as they have many benefits.
The pumps circulate water, and they have sounds that bring ambiance to the place hence attracting the birds.
Besides, pumps also keep the water in motion hence preventing mosquito larvae from growing in the water.
The pumps are also essential in preventing the overgrowth of algae in the water that can be dangerous to your birds.
There are deferent types of birdbaths. They include free-standing, hanging, mounted and those that stay on the ground.
The specific type of bath heater that you select depends on your needs and preferences.
Birdbaths are not created in the same way.
They have varying functions and capabilities. Some baths have extra perks that make them better than others.
Basic baths only offer a single temperature while others allow you to control the temperatures in wide varieties.
Those with vast options tend to be much better than the basic ones as they allow you to be diverse in your options.
You should be keen on the materials that the baths entail. Some baths are made of materials that last longer than others.
Durable materials tend to be a great selection as they save you money.
Besides, you should also ensure that the material sued in the making of the bath is easy to clean and resistant to harsh weather conditions like those that prevail during winter.
The bird baths should be able to hold at least one gallon of water
The specific bird bath should be at least 2 feet wide for it to accommodate many birds for efficiency.
Types of Birdbath Heaters
Farm Innovators 3-In-1 Heated Birdbath
Description of the Farm Innovators 3-In-1 Heated Birdbath
This is one of the stress-relieving devices that you can install in your home and enjoy a good view of various birds.
It is an easy device to use, and cleaning it is never a long hustle. Whenever you need to clean, unplug the device, then remove the pan and empty it.
You can use the disinfectant of your choice to scrub it and then dry it with a towel and later place back the pan for the best clean up.
The device is also high quality, and it automatically switches off when the air gets warmer.
Besides, it is bound to go on when the temperatures are at freezing point to ensure that the water bath stays at the right temperatures for your birds to enjoy their bath.
Features of the Farm Innovators 3-In-1 Heated Birdbath
- The device has varieties of hardware to select the mounting option that pleases you. With its legs, you can place it on the ground, and you can also clamp it on the wall or post mount it
- It has a thermostat control that allows it to use energy only when it is necessary.
- It automatically shuts off when the water gets to the right temperatures and goes on when the water is at freezing point
- The cord is hidden away for you to use during warm weather and this makes the heater look even better
- The material is coated with powder for the finishing touches, and this prevents it from rusting, and thus it lasts you longer
- The plastic basin is easy to lift, and thus you get to clean it efficiently without struggle
Pros of the Farm Innovators 3-In-1 Heated Birdbath
- Refilling the bath is quick and easy as the basin is easy to remove and clean
- It is easy to install, and you only need to fix the basin, and the pan then plugin and set the thermostat accordingly
- Cleaning the device is not complicated, and you need to empty the basin and clean it with a disinfectant then wipe it dry with a clean towel
- It automatically shuts off when the water reaches the right temperatures, and thus you can be sure to watch your birds enjoy a warm bath from a distance
- The materials used in making the birdbath are solid and sturdy, and thus they serve you longer
Cons of the Farm Innovators 3-In-1 Heated Birdbath
- You need to refill the device now and then, and the frequency increases during summertime
- The device is not a good choice for people that wish to mount it on a deck railing
- The dish tends to tilt due to the poorly made clamp, and this is dangerous as the basin is shallow.
- The water may pour out and interfere with the normal working of the water bird bath heater
Mounted Heated Bird Bath
Description of the Mounted Heated Bird Bath
This heater has a rectangular shape that creates a larger space for the birds to the bath.
It is bonded together by two screws hat also make it easy to disassemble and get it working efficiently.
Besides, you can use it both in winter and during summer.
In summer, you should be sure to unplug it so that the water maintains its normal temperatures.
The device has the capability of warming your water during winter, and in early mornings, when it is freezing, you can see its functionality through the steam that may appear.
You should observe extra caution when handling this device to keep your birds safe.
You should coat the electric wires with a tape to prevent electric shocks to the birds as they enjoy their bath.
Besides, you can link it with a GFCI device that comes with a seal hence making it safer.
Features of the Mounted Heated Bird Bath
- Has a rectangular bracket that holds it on the sides
- Has two screws to hold it together for increased safety and functionality
- It has a thermostat that controls the temperatures when the water freezes
- Comes with a cord that is located below the basin
Pros of the Mounted Heated Bird Bath
- The rectangular design of the device is pretty, and it can add more beauty to your home
- It is dependable and easy to uninstall the device for cleaning
- The device holds well, and it is risk-free
- It has high functionality, and since it is risk-free, you can enjoy vast things with it
Cons of the Mounted Heated Bird Bath
- The bracket is thin, and the bowl ends up tilting when you screw it tightly.
- If the bowl sits at an angle, it cannot accommodate the right amount of water and birds fail to have an easy time using it
- The cord is short, and thus you may have inconveniences whenever you need to use the device or place it in different positions
- Even with its aesthetic design, it lacks heavy metals that are essential for the durability of the baths
Allied Precision 600 Mounted Heated Bird Bath Bowl (20-Inch Diameter)
Description of the Allied Precision 600 Mounted Heated Bird Bath Bowl (20-Inch Diameter)
This heater comes in a sleek design, and its well-designed bowl easily attracts many bird species.
It is one of the few ones that are readily available with an internal thermostat that is easy to control.
It runs at 150 watts, and you get to choose the specific temperatures of the water in the bath.
It is also not a dangerous device to use, and your birds can enjoy a warm bath in a serene environment.
The heater is powerful, and it brings you high functionality to efficiently handle all your needs.
The device has also been run through a series of tests, and it has a limit of -21 degrees F.
Features of the Allied Precision 600 Mounted Heated Bird Bath Bowl (20-Inch Diameter)
- The heated bird bath is usually fully assembled on purchase, and thus you do not have a difficult type figuring out on how to get it working
- It has an inbuilt thermostat that enables you to control the temperatures
- With its high functionality, this birdbath heater prevents the water from freezing even in the coldest days
- It has a sturdy clamp that allows you to mount the device on different types of surfaces
- The rim of the device has a good design for the birds to easily claw and cling on it after their bath
Pros of the Allied Precision 600 Mounted Heated Bird Bath Bowl (20-Inch Diameter)
- The heater is powerful and works even in the coldest weather
- It comes with sturdy hardware that is tested and proven through use for over eight years, and this guarantees you quality and longer life
- This item is ideal for smaller birds due to its shallow bowl and sleek design and rim for clinging
- It is easy to clean the device due to its color that allows you to know quickly when you need to clean it
Cons of the Allied Precision 600 Mounted Heated Bird Bath Bowl (20-Inch Diameter)
- The device is lightweight for heated bird baths, and thus it may be difficult to hold it to one position
- Finding a stand that fits for this device is challenging
- It does not have user guiding instructions on how to mount it, and thus one has to figure out how to do so
Songbird Essentials Mounted Heated Birdbath
Description of the Songbird Essentials Mounted Heated Birdbath
This is one of the highly visual devices that you can get for your birds.
It is wooden, and unlike many bird baths, it stands tall on the ground for you to watch the birds with ease.
It stands at 28 inches, and it can heat the water even in the coldest temperatures.
The materials used in the manufacture of this device are highly durable, and you can be sure to enjoy convenience with it.
It is highly functional to deliver the right results. The beautiful look of the device makes it a great choice for attracting many bird varieties to your garden.
Features of the Songbird Essentials Mounted Heated Birdbath
- The bath has a capacity of half-gallon to accommodate a variety of birds
- It has an extension cord that allows you to connect it efficiently for water heating
- Has a deck rail that the bids can cling on as they enjoy the water
- The device heats the water even in the worst temperatures. You can always be sure that the water never freezes even when the weather is bad
- Made of hardwood that makes it last longer due to their sturdy nature
Pros of the Songbird Essentials Mounted Heated Birdbath
- The device is easy to clean as disassembling the device is easy and quick process
- It is ideal for freshwater
- Even without power tools, you can assemble the device and get it to heat the water
- The material used on the manufacture of the device is durable, and they give a beautiful design
- It is strong, and even in the strongest winds it remains standing
Cons of the Songbird Essentials Mounted Heated Birdbath
- The details for assembling the device lack special details that are essential on guiding you on the correct ways to fix it correctly for safety
- The pan is shallow, and thus you may have to keep refilling it. Besides, the water evaporates quickly during summer, and this makes it less effective
API Heated Birdbath Heated Bird Bath with Stand
Description of the API Heated Birdbath Heated Bird Bath with Stand
This is one of the energy-saving heaters in the market, and since it is solar-powered, you should not expect hiked bills at the end of the month.
It offers you a good opportunity to enjoy low costs and money-saving and watching birds bath at the comfort of your home.
It is a powerful device that delivers proper heating according to your expectations.
It runs at 150 watts, and it stands at 20 inches. With its depth, it can hold enough water for the birds to have a seamless experience during their bath.
Besides, the design of the device prevents it from getting dirty quickly.
The heater is also equipped with a thermostat that enables you to control the temperatures depending on how you want it to heat your water.
It is a reliable and energy-saving device that will always meet your demands.
Features of the API Heated Birdbath Heated Bird Bath with Stand
- Its heating element is enclosed, and this enables it to heat the water and prevent it from freezing during winter.
- You can be sure not to struggle to break the ice form the water even when the temperatures are overly cold
- It has a diameter of 20
- It is made of plastic that is sturdy enough to resist harsh weather and provide heating for your water
- The heating element of the device is protected, and this prevents animals from coming into contact with it.
- With its enclosure, you can be sure that your animals remain safe
- It has a metal stand that supports it off the ground. The metal stand is durable and highly durable to support the device.
- It is also resistant to rust, and thus you should expect longer service from it
- 150 watts
Pros of the API Heated Birdbath Heated Bird Bath with Stand
- The device is safe for birds due to its full enclosure
- The bird bath is durable hence it serves you for a long time
- It comes with mounting hardware that makes it easy for you to mount it on the deck
Cons of the API Heated Birdbath Heated Bird Bath with Stand
- It is very lightweight hence it can be swept by the wind
K&H 9000 Ice Eliminator Birdbath Deicer
Description of the K&H 9000 Ice Eliminator Birdbath Deicer
This item has a special design, and it brings you many advantages. With it, you can spray any paint that you want to make it match with the color of your bird bath.
It offers heat to water even on larger baths of up to 80watts.
It has a three year warranty through which you can call in and receive any kind of help that you need depending on the issues that you might be experiencing with the heater.
The stability of this device allows you to enjoy many years of service with it, and you get to save more money by not purchasing new devices.
Features of the K&H 9000 Ice Eliminator Birdbath Deicer
- The deicer can heat your water even in cold temperatures.
- It is submersible to the ate and it has an inbuilt thermostat through which you can control the temperatures and select the range that you prefer
- It has an enamel finish that you can spray paint to match the color of your bird bath
- It exceeds the USA electrical safety standards due to the vast testing that it has undergone via MET labs, and this makes it one of the safest devices that you can use in your birdbath
- It has a cord with a length of 1.8 ft
- Runs at either 50 or 80 watts
Pros of the K&H 9000 Ice Eliminator Birdbath Deicer
- It is easy to clean
- Easy to assemble and use
- It uses 50 watts, and it does not melt or burn plastics that you place in the water bath
- It does not leave stains, calcifies or rust and this enhances its safety
- Ha an attractive rock-like design that brings an aesthetic look to your water bath
- It is sturdy thanks to its aluminum housing that prevents it from falling off
Cons of the K&H 9000 Ice Eliminator Birdbath Deicer
- The deicer does not last long
Farm Innovators All Seasons Decorative Heated Birdbath
Description of the Farm Innovators All Seasons Decorative Heated Birdbath
This bird bath is sturdy, and it is bound to give you a longer service.
Besides, it is shallow enough to allow even the smallest birds to swim and enjoy heated water, unlike some devices that may pose a danger to smaller birds.
The device is regulated with a thermostat, and thus you can be sure to sue it even during summertime.
It is a durable item that you can rely on for your bird bath heating needs. With its scallop molded compression, it remains sturdy for a long time.
Features of the Farm Innovators All Seasons Decorative Heated Birdbath
- Has 120 watts power and thus it can heat the water at a faster rate than some models, and this saves time
- It is molded with a concrete-like design, and this adds to the beauty of the device
- The scalloped design of the device enhances its looks and durability.
- You can be sure to save more money with it as you do not need to keep replacing it after a short time or replacing some of its parts
- It has a plug that you to plug into the connection that is built from the bottom of the device for easy suability
- The electrical connection of the device is hidden underneath, and this enhances the safety of the device as birds can hardly notice it hence you should not be scared of them pecking it
- Assembling the device is simple and also disassembling it is never a complicated task hence cleaning it gets even better
Pros of the Farm Innovators All Seasons Decorative Heated Birdbath
- The device is sturdy enough to serve you for long thanks to its concrete-like making that enhances its durability
- The device gives you value for your money due to its durability and ability to heat the water quickly
- Cleaning the bird bath is an easy task due to the simplicity it offers you when it comes to disassembling it
- Convenient and thus you can rely on it for your needs
- The device has an inbuilt thermostat that allows you to heat your water all year long and maintain normal temperatures during summer
Cons of the Farm Innovators All Seasons Decorative Heated Birdbath
- With this device, the water tends to evaporate instantly, and it gets finished within 2 to 3 days, and this may not be an appealing feature as you have to keep refilling it each time
Heated Birdbath on Pedestal
Description of the Heated Birdbath on Pedestal
This is a solar-powered heater that offers quick water heating for your bird bath.
It is reliable to use, and it requires one to read through the instructions carefully before installing it.
If you fail to set it up in the correct way, it may fail to heat water efficiently, and thus you experience trouble in receiving heat for the water.
Besides, if you fail to place it in the right position, the water does not fill in the bowl evenly, and some water may remain frozen while some of it heats up partly.
Features of the Heated Birdbath on Pedestal
- It has a jar like the design for beauty
- Has a solid construction for sturdiness
- Has a good capacity of about 1 gallon
- Its rim is sturdy enough for the birds to rest after their swimming
Pros of the Heated Birdbath on Pedestal
- The design of the rim is useful in luring the birds to come over
- It is easy to clean up
- It has an inbuilt thermostat for easy cleaning
- It adds up as a décor that brings beauty looks in your garden
Cons of the Heated Birdbath on Pedestal
- It is too lightweight, and thus you may need to offer it extra support for it to remain sturdy on the ground
- The water freezes almost instantly, and thus it may not work as the right choice of device for people that live in paces that have longer periods of winter
- It is not a good idea to place it on the ground as animals and wind may drop it off and end up breaking it
- You always have to place it on the deck
Birds Choice Ivy Pedestal Heated Bird Bath
Description of the Birds Choice Ivy Pedestal Heated Bird Bath
This bird bath is constructed using plastic materials that make it sturdy. It has a beautiful look that makes your garden look even better.
You can enjoy a better view of the birds as they enjoy their bath form a distance.
With this bath, you get to offer your birds a better experience during winter by warming their water.
It prevents water from freezing ad it is highly reliable. It has features that complement its great looks.
It is also pocket friendly, and you can be sure to use it even when you are on a budget.
Features of the Birds Choice Ivy Pedestal Heated Bird Bath
- It has three legs to support the water birdbath
- The stand is collapsible, and this makes storage of the item easier and also increases its portability
- It is molded with a durable design so that it can offer birds access to heated water for a long time
- It is made of ABS recycled plastic that makes it safe for the environment and also increases its durability
- It has an inbuilt thermostat that makes it easy to use and control the temperatures for easy water heating
Pros of the Birds Choice Ivy Pedestal Heated Bird Bath
- The device is sturdy enough to offer you a longer service
- The lightweight of the bowl makes it easy for you to empty it before cleaning and refilling
- The white surface of the device makes it easy to clean s it does not stain
- Eliminates ice during winter
Cons of the Birds Choice Ivy Pedestal Heated Bird Bath
- The device seems to be deeper and limits some birds form using it especially small ones
ERVA 60 Watt Heated Bird Baths – Preferred
Description of the ERVA 60 Watt Heated Bird Baths – Preferred
This is a large bird bath that can meet all your water heating needs during winter. It is sturdy, and it is a great choice to use for heating activities.
It runs at 60 watts, and it maintains the right temperature for the water.
Features of the ERVA 60 Watt Heated Bird Baths – Preferred
- Thermostat that is inbuilt to control temperatures only during winter
- 14-inch diameter
- Runs at 60watts
- Has a grey frame that is made of steel for durability
- Does not rust easily
Pros of the ERVA 60 Watt Heated Bird Baths – Preferred
- Easy to clean
- Easy to clean
- Easy to fill and use
- Attracts wide varieties of birds
- Does not freeze in winter
Cons of the ERVA 60 Watt Heated Bird Baths – Preferred
- If you fail to set it in the right place, then no birds can come