Top 10 Best Aquarium Light Timer
Apart from using aquarium water tank filters and protein skimmers to keep your pet premises clean, you also need to invest in aquarium light timer for a more efficient experience taking care of your pets.
The light timers have continued to evolve into better equipment for your aquarium. With them, you stay at peace even at times when you are on vacation.
Besides, the lights are also an essential part of the thriving of live plants in your aquarium as they give them the energy to make food and grow better.
The lights play a huge role in helping you detect any problems with your fish early before anything goes wrong.
Below is a review of the best aquarium light timers that you can use in your tank to make things right for your pets.
Description of the Zoo Med AquaSun Aquarium Timer
This controller is one of the best you can choose for your fish aquarium.
The device comes with a great analog programming design that enables it to switch itself on and off; hence you do not need to worry even at times when you have a tight schedule at the workplace or when you are on holiday.
The light timer is also great, as you do not have to spend a hectic time setting it up.
- Automatically turns your lights on and off and this saves you from the trouble of keeping a check on it
- Has a manual override and an LED indicator
- High compatibility with all types of aquariums and this allows you to choose to form a wide variety of light timers of any kind of aquarium that you have in your house
- Stimulates natural light for your fish during the day and night due to its automatic feature
- Guarantees your safety thanks to nits three-prong receptacle
Pros of the Zoo Med AquaSun Aquarium Timer
- One plug design that is used in the manufacturing of the light timer and this makes it a great choice for you as you only need to plug it in once
- Easy to set as the plugin certification makes everything easy and simple
- It has an inbuilt programmable timer that allows it to have compatibility with all types of aquariums
- The light guarantees you a convenient and reliable quick performance due to its easy to use technology
- Easily customizable light timer that only brings you a great experience in your daily aquarium follow up routine
- Ticks loudly after some time of using it, and this may cause distraction in your pet premises.
- The dial time settings are not usually short brief thus they may take you a long time to figure them out
Description of the Current USA Single Ramp Timer for Aquarium
The light comes in dual ramp timer that you can program according to your desired lights.
The aspect allows you to choose a wide variety of lights, including LED light with blue colors and a moon setting for the night.
Its great features bring your fish and plant the best environment to thrive in accordingly.
Features of the Current USA Single Ramp Timer for Aquarium
- Fully programmable, and this allows you to turn it off and on depending on the settings that you choose for your aquarium.
Even if you are away, the light keeps working perfectly according to your settings.
- Great model that is ideal for both salty water aquarium and freshwater ones. Its settings make it easy for both environments due to the nature of its programming.
- Gives a slow acclimation process timing that allows you to control the stress in your aquarium that is majorly caused by sudden light changes in the latter
- Ramp timer pro that gives you exclusive programming options. The options you can choose among include the ramp and dim duration, cloud cover, among others that are facilitated by the 32 wireless key in the latter.
- Maintains settings even when you unplug it, and thus it gives you unlimited access to great things even when you lack power for a short time in your aquarium.
- Highly compatible: the timer is a great choice for everyone as it is compatible with any type of aquarium, thus giving you an exclusive experience and a wide range of advantages.
- Reliable: the timer brings you security at your home as you do not need to worry about it going off when there is no power. Its compatibility also gives you access to many features.
- Nonvolatile memory: this feature enables the blight to deliver the light you prefer, and it works according to the initial settings that you are used to the setting. You can always change it to adjust the settings and kind of environment that you prefer.
- Easy instructions that make the sitting up process easy for you
Cons of the Current USA Single Ramp Timer for Aquarium
- Not water-resistant: the timer is prone to water, and if it comes to contact with it, there is a high chance that it may go off or get damaged to an unrepairable mode
- Cannot work if you don’t buy unique caveats: after purchasing the light timer, you must also buy the wall terminates, standard AC plugs an output and input for it to work.
- It only works with the current USA fixtures, and this limits the number of people that can purchase it, especially those from outside the state.
Description of the Timer Module for Beamswork or EVO Quad LED Aquarium Light Fixture
The model is equipped with buttons that allow you to have an easy time during the installation process.
The two buttons allow you to control the light and on and off mechanism of the light. It does not work in all aquariums, and if you set it up in the wrong aquarium, it may stop functioning after sometime.
Features of the Timer Module for Beamswork or EVO Quad LED Aquarium Light Fixture
- Ports that are inbuilt to help you access all the features of the light.
- Buttons that you operate manually to turn on the type of lights that you prefer in your timer. You can select green or blue lights amongst others
- Easy to set you and you only need to read through the timer instructions to get the whole concept of connecting it to your aquarium
- Brings a smooth experience that you should utilize
- Easy to set up and it does not have any complications compared to other models
- Gives great beautiful colors in its lighting for your fish and you get to enjoy a range of colors in your aquarium
- The adept that controls the blue and green colors are exceptional as you can switch the colors at any time that you want to see changes in your aquarium
- Affordable: he selling cost of the device is reasonable, and it gives you value for the money due to the vast light options that it gives for your aquarium
Cons of the Timer Module for Beamswork or EVO Quad LED Aquarium Light Fixture
- The model of the timer is not compatible with most aquariums. You should do thorough research first to make sure it is the right timer for your aquarium
- The timer is not reliable as it keeps stopping after some time of using it, and this may be discouraging to the user. The abrupt stopping of the light may be a bad sign for your fish
Description of the NICREW Single LED Lighting Timer
The NICREW Single LED Lighting Timer comes with a slim model that makes it attractive and more convenient to handle.
The lighter is one of the few ones that have high compatibility with most aquariums. It brings you vast options of colors that you can select depending on your preferences.
The light also comes in a variety of options, with the gilt-edge version being one of its latest productions.
- Internal memory that enables the light to keep a memory of your daily settings. Besides, this feature also serves a great deal in staying on in the case where the power in your house goes off abruptly.
- Automatic mode that enables the light to complete its settings on itself without you having to handle the settings part after every while
- Energy-efficient: the light is of high quality, and it does not consume high energy, and this allows it to save energy and the overall power bills that you need to pay.
Pros of the NICREW Single LED Lighting Timer
- The product is made of a superior quality that lasts for long the durability of the materials enhance its functionality
- Attractive design with a slim profile that enhances its looks while you use it in your house
- The light timer is excellent in providing night and day like looks for your aquarium dwellers, and this is a great aspect that brings natural environments in your house.
- It is a great choice for you if you have your aquarium planted in a low light environment as you no longer need to worry about the light provided in the latter
Cons of the NICREW Single LED Lighting Timer
- The light timer does not come with hanging hardware, and this makes it difficult for you to use as a hang on the back device for your aquarium.
It, however, would be suitable for you if you only need to use it for another purpose apart from hanging it on the device.
- Lacks safety and stopgap: the issue makes the light timer unsuitable as you can easily break it when you need to clean the aquarium. Besides, you may have trouble whenever you need to feed your pets or adjust the handles.
Description of the Century 24 Hour Plug-in Mechanical Timer
If you are looking for a light timer that is easy to set, the Century 24 Hour Plug-in Mechanical Timer should be your ultimate choice.
The timer comes along with two mechanical buttons that you can use to set the time that you want it to stay on in your aquarium.
It also brings you vast benefits that favor your pet.
Features of the Century 24 Hour Plug-in Mechanical Timer
- Built-in pin dial: the pins that are in the device allow you to set the time according to your time preferences. You can switch them on or off accordingly. The device does not have loose parts that you keep disconnecting from it, and this makes it easy to use and more accessible.
- Customizable: the light timer offers you great options that you can customize depending on how you like it. With them, you can choose different time intervals that last for about 48 hours, and it is easy to connect it with other devices for alerts.
- Simple set and go option for the timers: with this timer, you only need to set and go. The device turns on and off automatically, and for about 24 hours, you can have exclusive time alerts and responses from the light.
Pros of the Century 24 Hour Plug-in Mechanical Timer
- Easy to set up and lacks any forms of complications as most of its parts are intact.
- Does not have loose parts that make it difficult to use and this allows for a better e experience
- Risk-free as the design of the model makes it easy to use and work with around the house
- Great design: the design of the timer is excellent and does not have too much information that may be difficult to follow up.
- Loud: the light timer is at times annoying due to the slight bussing sound that it produces when you plunge it in.
- The light timer does not have the capability of adjusting itself at different times, especially when set to do so for different days.
Description of the BN-LINK 8 Outlet Surge Protector with Mechanical Timer
With the eight outlet timer, you do not need to worry about leaving your lights to the whole night as the timer is set to help you in regulating the light usage depending on how you want it.
The timer is one of the best you can have in your aquarium and also at your house. It also saves energy, and it is a deal in helping you handle the rate of the bills that you ought to pay in your house.
Features of the BN-LINK 8 Outlet Surge Protector with Mechanical Timer
- Override that is designed to help you to keep the row of the timer outlet on.
- The timer has rows that show color with LED for the time that the row is on and operating
- 3 feet power cord that is easy to use
- The timer is also easy to use with a new design of grey pins rather than the initial black pinned colors
- Eight outlets that have surge protection to help you avoid any possible accidents that are bound to happen in the house in case of abrupt power outflows
- You can set the timer pin with an increment of an interval of about 15 minutes according to the schedule that you have
- The first four outlets of the always remain on, and the other four are usually controlled by the timer. Each timer comes with a circuit breaker that offers you maximum protection from any type of surges
- Grey pins that have the latest updates to enable you to have a better experience while using them as you can trace them easily
- The unit comes with an inbuilt override that is specially designed to help in keeping the outlet row in a manual mode that you can easily operate.
- The timer has LED indicator lights that give it an attractive design to give it a smart color and look
- The device is furnished with the latest features to give it a great aesthetic look
- The device is secured and with its easy to use features it allows utilizing it fully
Cons of the BN-LINK 8 Outlet Surge Protector with Mechanical Timer
- The timer has rattling sounds that do not seem to come to an end. Such an aspect is a put to some users
- The light timer is heavier compared to other types of timers, and as a result, you cannot carry it around or lift it with ease.
Description of the Century Indoor 24-Hour Mechanical Outlet Timer
With this timer, you can enjoy exclusive lighting of your house using your home-based small appliances.
You can also use it in the workplace, and it is one of the best choices you can ta your home. The device is ideal in using for all kinds of places, and its specs are impressionable in bringing you a great experience.
As long as you comply with manual instructions, the device is easy to use and run in your house.
Features of the Century Indoor 24-Hour Mechanical Outlet Timer
- Allows you to automate your home appliances with a handy timer that you can turn on and off whenever you need to do that
- Easy to use, and when the timer is of the pin usually turns up, and when the pin is down, the timer indicates on.
- The timer allows its users to design any schedule for themselves, depending on how long they need to work and the time that they do not want to work.
- The timer is compatible with most devices including LED bulbs and other small appliances at your home
- Too small: the timer is much smaller than most other mechanical timers
- Stiff switches that may make it difficult for you to use at the beginning of your work
Description of the MingDak Digital Aquarium Ramp Timer
If you own an aquarium, the MingDak Digital Aquarium Ramp Timer is a great device that you can purchase to use at your home.
With its many benefits, your pets can enjoy a wide range of benefits, and the ability of the timer to reduce stress due to unbalanced light ensures that your fish stay healthy and active.
With its vast impressionable features, the timer is a must-have at your home.
- Convenient by keeping the lights on and off in 24 hrs intervals
- The programmable device allows you to increase the quality of light in intervals of 15 minutes
- Acclimates the pets in your aquarium to enable them to have a better life without stress
- Simple to install and use through the on and off turning mechanism as well as the easy to read the user manual
Pros of the MingDak Digital Aquarium Ramp Timer
- Durable: the materials used in making the device are of a great feel and touch, and their strong nature has been an added advantage to the latter as it last long
- The device is programmable, and you get to enjoy exclusive hours of great programming in 2 hr intervals
- Great choice for you if you are looking for a dimmer as it majorly works with bulbs that have a low voltage due to its dimming aspect
- Easy to operate due to its straightforward nature and simple instructions from its user manual
- The device allows you to keep your lights on and off for 24 hrs depending on the programming and setting that you set in the late
Cons of the MingDak Digital Aquarium Ramp Timer
- The timer is not great in terms of the accessories that it offers on purchase. You might need to buy a backup battery and update the time to the current one
- The programming of the device is difficult to understand, and you may need to put more attention to it for it to go smoothly
The timer is a 24 hr programmable device that enables you to enjoy a variety of its features.
With it, you can use more than two devices thanks to the two outlets that it has installed. Besides, you can also plug in two outlets in the timer due to its dual outlets.
Features of the Fosmon 3-Prong Dual Outlet Plug-in Mechanical Timer
- Fully programmable: the device is fully programmable, and you can set the time you need, and as long as it is plugged in, you can exclusive updates.
- You can automate the home appliances with the timer and monitor them at any place with a handy timer
- The devices are usually controlled and well set to enhance your safety
- It entails two timers that power for electrical devices that you can use in most of your home appliances at home
- With the timer, you can be assured of saving time, energy and cost as it turns off your tv, oven and all other appliances that you want it to handle according to your programming
- It has 48 push pins that enable it to carry out diverse operations in the house
- It is a timer of a high quality that works efficiently to ensure that you save power and get the exact results that you expect for it
- The device has an automatic mode that activates the lights on and off according to the settings in the programming that you make
- Minimizes power consumption at your home through monitoring the devices you connect to it and putting them on or off depending on how you want it
Cons of the Fosmon 3-Prong Dual Outlet Plug-in Mechanical Timer
- The instructions for installing the device are confusing and difficult to understand at times.
- Whenever you turn the dial to your preferred time, it always requires you to reset it back
Description of the Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer
The device is made with high technology to enable it to deliver the best results.
The usability of the device allows it to give you exclusive service for a long time. Besides, the device has dual outlets that allow you to connect extra devices for the process to work smoothly.
Features of the Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer
- Dual outlets that create efficiency and convenience in the device as you can connect many of your house devices to it in case you need to leave your house
- Safe: the device brings you more security each day, and it continues to offer you the best environment for you to work
- Reliable: the device enables you to have the best experience with it due to the vast number of devices that you can operate with it.
- The timer is digital, and you do not need to operate it manually, and this gives you a chance to handle more options with it.
Pros of the Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer
- The device has a backup battery that prolongs its life, and this is an advantage for you when you are away from home as you can program it and get the device running your house appliances even when you are away
- The device is controlled to offer you high security and convenience any time you need to use it. With its safety, you can always be sure to leave it on while you are away from your home as it helps you to monitor your other home appliances.
- The device is versatile and reliable as you can use it while at the workplace and away from home
Cons of the Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer
- Flimsy rest buttons that cause a lot of inconveniences whenever you want to reset them and at times as you have to restart and rest the device from scratch
- You must rest the entire device whenever you want to make any settings
Things to consider when buying an Aquarium Light Timer
When buying aquarium light timers, you should be careful about various issues.
You should be sure of the product that you plan to purchase and get more information about it as a faulty or low-quality timer can cause major problems to your pets.
Here are the things to consider when buying a light timer.
The timer should be able to save energy, and if it consumes high power, you should be careful not to purchase it as it may cause a hike in your bills
The state of its programming and setting
Some timers tend to be hectic to set up, and they may require you to restart them before use. Such devices consume a lot of time, and they may slow down your daily schedule and instead cause inconveniences.
Be sure to choose a timer that you can set and program easily.
When buying a timer, try to research on how you should set it up and complete the installation process.
By inquiring about the nature of the instructions in the manual, you get to know if they are in a language that can easily understand, and this allows you to be prepared early before choosing the product that you want to purchase.
A good timer must be secure for use in your aquarium. If it may prove to be harmful to your fish, it is wise not to purchase it as it may only bring you losses.
A light timer should be reliable, and it must turn the devices on and off for it to deliver its purpose.