tawkboard.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site at no extra cost to you. Here is our Affiliate disclosure page
The 15 Best Countertop Compost Bins 2020
Climate change has become a major issue that degrades human life. The major cause of the issues is pollution.
There are many things that we can do to prevent global warming that occurs due to pollution.
Composting is one of the ways that we can make the world better as it has many benefits.
Composting helps to prevent pollution, and by placing wastes in the right place, we conserve the environment.
When wastes that we get from our kitchen rot, they offer many nutrients to the soil to sustain it and grow our plants into healthy ones.
If you are wondering how you can effectively compost, there are many strategies that you can adopt to make it happen.
Compost bins are the most widely used to facilitate this process.
Whenever you place waste matters form the kitchen, a compost bin, you get to conserve the environment by not dumping t outside.
There are many types of countertop dustbins that you can use to make this process more efficient.
Here is a guide of the various countertop dustbins that you can use and the things you should consider when selecting a compost bin.
Things to consider when selecting countertop compost bins
Selecting the right countertop compost bins can be hard work for some people. Each compost bin varies from the other depending on the material that is used in making it.
Choosing a low-quality countertop compost bins can cause serious harm to the environment, and it also gives you extra cleaning work to do at your home.
There are many factors that you should consider when selecting a compost bin.
Below are the vital factors that you should consider when choosing a countertop compost bins.
The capacity of the bin matters whenever you want to purchase one.
The amount of waste that you produce at your home determines the capacity of the bin that you ought to purchase.
The number of times that you pan to empty the bin is also a determinant on the capacity of the compost bin that you want to purchase.
Bins that hold a smaller capacity require you to empty them frequently.
The place that you plan to place the bin is also another determinant of the capacity that you ought to purchase.
If you have a spacious room, you can opt for a compost bin with a larger capacity as you have enough space to place it.
Most indoor countertop compost bins are made for countertop use, and thus they do not come in large sizes.
Large-sized compost bins may be hefty to carry around and empty thus;, you should always be sure of the commitment that you are willing to give back when you purchase a larger countertop compost bin.
Ease of Cleaning
Organic wastes from your kitchen can be messy most times.
Some wastes like coffee grounds tend to stick in your compost bins, and depending on the type of bin you own, you can either have an easy or hard time cleaning it.
Stainless steel countertop compost bins are easy to clean as they do not have food stuck on them after emptying.
They also do not rust even when you clean them with water, and this gives you a longer service.
Pest and odor control
Due to the organic waste foods that you place in the bin, it is common for them to have an odor.
Besides, the rotting wastes mostly attract fruit flies, which may be annoying, especially when they multiply and fill in your kitchen.
You should choose countertop compost bins that are fitted with charcoal tops to attract the odor and reduce the emergence of such flies.
Besides, compost bins with tight lids prevent the entry of flies, and they also prevent odor form filling in your kitchen.
Types of countertop compost bins
Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin
Description of the Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin
If you are looking for a countertop compost bins with a strong handle, this is the best choice you can have in your house.
The bin is made of one sheet of stainless steel, and no matter how it gets into contact with water, it can never rust.
The bin has a strong lid that remains in position even when it is filled to the brim.
The bin has charcoal coatings on its top that keep odor at bay, and it also helps to prevent pests from invading your house.
Features of the Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin
- The bin is made in stainless steel material that enables it to resist rust even when it comes into contact with water.
- This feature also makes it to last longer than you would expect.
- Durable: the metallic make of this product gives it a strong feel. With its strong handle, you can be sure to carry it around without having to worry about breaking it.
- The material gives you a longer service due to the sturdy nature and the durability of its metallic make
- The charcoal filter that comes along with this product is replaceable, and it gives it the ability to quickly absorb any odor that may come from the organic materials that have in the bin.
- You should use the charcoal filter for about six months before replacing it.
By taking good care of the filter, you should be sure to have a seamless experience at your home.
Besides, you can wash the charcoal filter with soap and water to help it stay fresh and give it the ability to absorb any odor that comes from organic waste.
- The bin comes in 1.3 gallons and thus you can place it anywhere in your house. You only need small space to keep it and get your organic waste disposal processes running smooth
- The device is simple to clean thanks to the high-quality stainless steel material that is used in making it
Pros of the Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin
- The device is easy to use as you only need to place all the organic waste inside and lock it with the lid
- The charcoal filter lid that comes with the bin enables it to absorb all the stench that comes from the organic wastes in the bin
- It is elegant and full of simplicity: the great stainless steel nature and its smooth feel makes it a classy bin to have at your home
- Easy to clean: the make of the bin makes it easy to clean with water
- The strong lid of the device makes it easy for you to carry it around even when it is full to the brim
Cons of the Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin
- At times, the organic wastes stick on the metallic bin, and this makes it difficult to clean it.
- The bin is made of only a single sheet of iron, and this may make it not to last long
- The bin does not have an inner pail which is important in increasing its stability and durability
- The bin is tightly packed, and this makes it annoying whenever you have to empty it. Besides, you have to scrap the stained food thoroughly to prevent odor.
Polder Kitchen Composter
Description of the Polder Kitchen Composter
This type of countertop compost bins are the easiest to clean. It has a strong silicone look that makes it attractive to place in your kitchen.
The best part of this bin is that you can literally turn it inside out, and thus it is the easiest to clean.
It has a wireframe that supports it, and they are stainless steel, and this makes them offer sturdy support to the item.
Features of the Polder Kitchen Composter
- It has a capacity of the one-gallon hat allows it store food wastes in your kitchen temporarily before you can empty it
- Has a nonstick surface that makes it easy to clean thus you can quickly rinse it off whenever you finish emptying it
- Lightweight: the making of this product makes it easy to transport in other places
- Its lid is flexible, and it rotates to enable you easily clean it and empty the bin
Pros of the Polder Kitchen Composter
- Easy to clean: the bin has many features that make it the easiest bin to clean and thus it saves you time whenever you need to empty and clean it
- The lightweight of the bin makes it easy for you to carry it around.
- The ability of the bin to turn inside opt makes everything easy for you as you can empty it easily and also clean it with ease.
- The product has a great make, and since it is not made up of plastic, you can be sure to have a longer service from it
Cons of the Polder Kitchen Composter
- The device is made up of silicone which is not a perfect choice as it tends to grow mold and this makes it a risky choice
- The design of the product may not be the best for everyone, as it does not seem to blend with the décor of most kitchens.
- The wires that support it from the outside are made of steel whereas the bin is made of mostly black design which makes it have a strange look
- It lacks a charcoal filter, and thus you are likely to experience odor in the house as well as fruit flies
Chef’n EcoCrock Compost Bin
Description of the Chef’n EcoCrock Compost Bin
If you are looking for a compost bin with the best sleek design, this is the right one for you. It comes with a leaf that sits on top of the lid, and it is also the lid of the device.
Besides, the lid hides the charcoal filter, which is an essential n absorbing odor in the bin.
With this type of bin, you can have fun teaching your kids about environmental conservation thanks to its aesthetic design and ease of use.
Features of the Chef’n EcoCrock Compost Bin
- The bin is made up of ceramic design, and this makes it easy to clean
- Whenever you purchase the product, you get disposable charka filters that enable you to eliminate odor in your house by absorbing it
- The design of the device is out of his world, and it is made with the latest technology materials that make it the best choice that easily blends with your kitchen wears.
- Besides, you can quickly purchase the kitchen wears that easily get along with the bin
- It has 3.3 liters, and this makes it offer you long waste holding service without having to worry about the odor in your kitchen thanks to its charcoal id that absorbs all the odor from the kitchen organic matter.
Pros of the 3 Chef’n EcoCrock Compost Bin
- The bin is reliable as it comes in a good size that holds all the waste for a longer time and you do not have to keep emptying it
- The charcoal filter helps in keeping odor at bay due to its high-quality design and replaceable ability
- The modern design of the bin makes it a good choice to blend with your kitchen décor
- Durable: the bin is constructed with durable and strong materials that prolong its life
- The bin is affordable, and this adds value to your money as you enjoy both sleek modern design and odor absorption form the material
Cons of the Chef’n EcoCrock Compost Bin
- The lid of the bin does not fit well, and it keeps falling off, and this may encourage fruit flies to invade your kitchen
- The bin is made up of plastics that may not be a great choice for people that are careful about environmental conservation
- If you have a larger family, this bin may not be a good choice for you as it cannot meet the needs you have.
- You need to keep emptying it every time, and the cleaning process may be tiring since it is made up of plastic
OXO Good Grips Compost Bin
Description of the OXO Good Grips Compost Bin
If you need a beginner bin, this is the right choice for you. It saves you and helps you manage organic waste in your kitchen.
It is designed to help you get through your daily routine cleaning process easily and with an easy, simple design.
Features of the OXO Good Grips Compost Bin
- The easy design of the bin makes it an excellent choice for you to use at home
- The lid is a stay open, and whenever you are busy handling your daily kitchen needs, you can easily toss all the trash inside
- You can remove the lid to dispose of the trash from the bin easily
- The lid allows oxygen to flow in hence eliminating odor and pests
Pros of the OXO Good Grips Compost Bin
- Easy to use: the bin allows you to turn the lid and toss-up all the waste inside without having to keep opening it every moment.
- Easy to clean: you can toss the bin in the dishwasher ad it gets the work done
- Easy to remove the waste due to its easy to operate lid
Cons of the OXO Good Grips Compost Bin
- The bin does not have filters, and this makes it difficult for you to eliminate any odors from the room
- The bin has openings between the layers attaching it to the inner layer, and this encourages the entry of water which may soak up the organic waste and cause more problems when it comes to cleaning it
The Relaxed Gardener Compost Bin
Description of the Relaxed Gardener Compost Bin
For a high functionality bin, The Relaxed Gardener Compost Bin is the best you can buy.
The bin is made up of plastic and steel metal on the outside. It has charcoal filters that absorb odor from the outside. It is an excellent choice for a farmhouse kitchen due to its design.
Features of the Relaxed Gardener Compost Bin
- The lid is easy to open, and you can easily use it and add trash inside at the same time
- The lid has only one filter which efficiently controls odor
- The size of the bin is a good one for people that need to save space in their house
- The outside of the bin is coated with powder, and this enables it to prevent rust and other odor that can emerge from leaks and rusts in steel coated bins
Pros of the Relaxed Gardener Compost Bin
- Attractive design: the ream design of the bin enables it to blend easily with your kitchen hence making it one of the best that you can have in your kitchen
- The bin is easy to clean thanks to its plastic inside design
- The bin gives you value for your money thanks to its reusable inside pile which you can always clean up ad use instead of purchasing new plastic bags
- The bin is highly functional and gives you seamless encounters at your kitchen in the garden
Cons of the Relaxed Gardener Compost Bin
- The handle of the bin is not strong ad it falls apart quickly especially if you fill the bin to the brim
- The lid of the container is not tight, and it may cause leaks and odor to fill up your kitchen
Copper Kitchen Countertop Compost Bin
Description of the Copper Kitchen Countertop Compost Bin
If you are looking for a copper-coated type of countertop compost bins, this one fits your needs.
The stainless steel bin does not rust easily, and it keeps all odors at bay.
It is one of the greatest designs that you can choose to make your home beautiful and eliminate all the organic waste from your kitchen.
Features of the Copper Kitchen Countertop Compost Bin
- The metal is non-corrosive, and it does not rust or stain easily hence making cleaning easy
- Saves space due to its small size hence you do not need to worry even when you have a small room
- The bin comes with free charcoal filters that a last you for a year
- The lid is tight to prevent flies
Pros of the Copper Kitchen Countertop Compost Bin
- Lightweight and thus you can carry it around even when it is full of trash
- Scent: the device has filters that enable it to absorb odor from the organic matter leaving your room fresh
- Easy to remove lid which enables you to empty the bin quickly
Cons of the Copper Kitchen Countertop Compost Bin
- When the bin comes into constant water contacts, it begins to rust, and this may not be healthy to use it anymore
- The customer services may not be highly reliable especially when you have issues with the rusting of your product
- The bin may have scratches that may look its looks not appealing
Joseph Joseph Compo Easy-Fill Compost Bin
Description of the Joseph Joseph Compo Easy-Fill Compost Bin
If you do not want to expose your organic waste in the kitchen, this bin gets your work done.
The bin has a handle that allows you to hook it up on the cupboard wall to get the work done.
Features of the Joseph Joseph Compo Easy-Fill Compost Bin
- The bin has a door mounting bracket that enables you to hide t away from the view of anyone that enters your kitchen
- It has a slimline design that enables you to store on cabinets, and one may notice that it is a compost bin
- Has a capacity of 4 litres
- Has an air vent that you can easily open to eliminate moisture that can fasten the decomposing process before you empty your bin
Pros of the Joseph Joseph Compo Easy-Fill Compost Bin
- Easy to clean due to the sleek design and it is also small
- The handle that enables you to mount it on the wall makes it easy for you to use the bin and hide it. The handle also makes it easy to transport the waste
- The small size of the bin makes it a good choice to maintain high hygiene levels in your home
- Sturdy materials used in making the device enable it to last long
Cons of the Joseph Joseph Compo Easy-Fill Compost Bin
- You cannot put a lot of waste in the product as it fills up quickly and this makes you have to clean it frequently
- The vent does not have a filter, and thus it makes the bin enable to eliminate odors at a quick rate compared to bins hat have charcoal filters.
Norpro Floral Blue/White Compost Keeper
Description of the Norpro Floral Blue/White Compost Keeper
If you need an aesthetic countertop compost bins to make your kitchen looking classy, this is the right option you can get in the market.
It has a ceramic look that makes it beautiful. The bin is, however, heavy even when you do not load anything in it.
Features of the Norpro Floral Blue/White Compost Keeper
- It has an attractive design that has strong ceramic material that makes it give you long service
- The lid has filters that prevent odor
- It efficiently holds eggshells, coffee wastes and other vegetable wastes for the kitchen and you can deposit them later in the compost
- The handle is sturdy and made of stainless steel to prevent quick rusting
Pros of the Norpro Floral Blue/White Compost Keeper
- Scent: the filters help in absorbing the odor from the wastes, and they give the house a better scent
- The bin has sturdy handle3 and ceramic material that enhance its durability
- Easy to clean: the material is easy to clean even after emptying the bin
Cons of the Norpro Floral Blue/White Compost Keeper
- The bin is heavy and carrying it around is difficult due to the ceramic material used in making it
Bamboozle Food Composter
Description of the Bamboozle Food Composter
This is among the few countertop compost bins that are made of bamboo, and they tend to have an attractive design that blends easily with your house décor.
The bin is also affordable
Features of the Bamboozle Food Composter
- The bamboo material makes it easy to use his type of device
- The packaging of the product is attractive, and you can have fun carrying it
- You can easily access this product and any part that you need to replace
Pros of the Bamboozle Food Composter
- The bin is biodegradable, and this makes it a suitable option for your compost needs
- With this bin, you enjoy the durability and vast years f service
Cons of the Bamboozle Food Composter
- The bamboo material that makes these bins is not a great option when it comes to absorbing odor from the organic wastes
Full Circle Kitchen Compost Bin
Description of the Full Circle Kitchen Compost Bin
This bin can dry up your waste materials for the kitchen quickly. It has a god design that is attractive to place in your kitchen
Features of the Full Circle Kitchen Compost Bin
- Patented design to allow room for the flow of air
- Good size to use at home and in the office
- Does not mess up the kitchen because it is easy to clean
- It comes with five compostable bags to hold the trash that you deposit in the latter
Pros of the Full Circle Kitchen Compost Bin
- Easy to use: the product is never complicated to use, and it comes with compostable bags ready for use
- Durable due to its combination of materials
- Quickly eliminates odor
Cons of the Full Circle Kitchen Compost Bin
- The handle of the bin breaks easily, and this may make it unsuitable for lifting heavy materials
Greenlid Compostable Compost Bin
Description of the Greenlid Compostable Compost Bin
The bin serves as a bin and a compost fodder. After filling it with waste, you can throw away the bin right into your compost
Features of the Greenlid Compostable Compost Bin
- You must need to fill in the organic wastes to the bin and dispose of the entire system
- Eliminates odor and it does not leak
- It is biobased
- Made in Canada
Pros of the Greenlid Compostable Compost Bin
- Easy to use
- They do not leak
- Great composting option as you get to recycle them
Cons of the Greenlid Compostable Compost Bin
- If the organic waste from your kitchen is soggy, it may make the bins leak
Third Rock Compost Bin
Description of the Third Rock Compost Bin
- The filters of this item are always available, and you can replace them quickly after three months
- Eco friendly
- The filters are thick to enable them to last longer
Pros of the Third Rock Compost Bin
- They are affordable
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
Cons of the Third Rock Compost Bin
- The steel can rust easily if you expose it to water for long
Noaway Countertop Wood Compost Bin
Description of the Noaway Countertop Wood Compost Bin
This is the most stylish bin you can have in your kitchen. It is made of wood, and it is one of the best choices for people that like to conserve the environment
Features of the Noaway Countertop Wood Compost Bin
- Has a finish of oil that makes it look natural
Pros of the Noaway Countertop Wood Compost Bin
- The bin is easy to clean
Cons of the Noaway Countertop Wood Compost Bin
- The bin is small
Vonshef Countertop Kitchen Compost Bin
Description of the Vonshef Countertop Kitchen Compost Bin
This type of bin has a great design, and it meets all your composting needs. It is stainless steel and sturdy
Features of the Vonshef Countertop Kitchen Compost Bin
- Stainless-steel and thus does not rust easily
- Durable due to its metallic nature
- Large capacity to save time
Pros of the Vonshef Countertop Kitchen Compost Bin
- Easy to clean
- High quality
- Sturdy handle
Cons of the Vonshef Countertop Kitchen Compost Bin
The user manual is not great
LINKYO Compost Bin with Filters
Description of the LINKYO Compost Bin with Filters
With its charcoal filters, the bin guarantees you odor-free kitchen experience.
Features of the LINKYO Compost Bin with Filters
- Stainless steel to avoid rusting
- Sturdy metallic materials
- Aesthetic design
- Charcoal filters
Pros of the LINKYO Compost Bin with Filters
- Easy to clean because wastes don’t stick inside the bin
- Durable due to its steel make
Cons of the LINKYO Compost Bin with Filters
- The filter shrinks if you use hot water to clean it