tawkboard.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site at no extra cost to you. Here is our Affiliate disclosure page
The 12 Best Hedge Trimmers to Keep Things Tidy
Neat gardens bring a sense of happiness and beauty to our homes.
We are all on a mission to make neat edges and bring perfectness in our gardens, and trimming is the ultimate option to achieve the plan.
Well-trimmed fences give fine textures and exciting shapes in our homes. Trimming fences manually has proven to be a tedious job for many people.
With the innovations in technology, the work has become easier thanks to the vast devices that simplify the work.
Such tools make the work easier by allowing you to trim your fence quickly.
The best tools are lightweight, and they offer you a seamless experience when trimming your compound.
You can shape your garden according to your preferences and enjoy the serene environment.
The tools tend to work even better and serve you longer when you maintain them often. Proper maintenance enables them to perform better and serve you longer.
Here is a review of the best hedge trimmers that you should purchase and the things to consider before buying them.
Things to Consider When Selecting Hedge Trimmers
Before purchasing hedge trimmers, you should first determine the needs of your yard.
Yards do not share common needs because the plants present in the garden determine the types of tools that may have to use.
Hedge trimmers have different features, and you should settle for any type of trimmer. Here are the factors to consider selecting hedge trimmers.
Hedge trimmers use power to get the work done. Each trimmer varies in the amount of power that it may consume.
The source of power at your home is the major indicator of the power that your trimmer is likely to use.
Electric trimmers tend to bring lower levels of power compared to gas trimmers, which consume more.
Electric ones vary in the power that they have.
Electric gadgets that are more powerful tend to carry more work compared to those that have a lower voltage and are affordable.
The size of the edges and their type determines the level of power that you may need.
Besides, the amount of power that you want to use while welding determines the level of power that you require.
Powerful gadgets are more convenient, and they cost more than the less powerful ones. Models that cost less are ideal for simpler jobs, and they are lightweight.
Cordless and more convenient trimmers are costly, and with them, you can trim far from your house.
With them, you can also trim more hedges. Reliable models tend to charge faster, they have a longer blade, and their battery has high power.
With them, your job gets easier.
Gas trimmers are more expensive compared to electric ones. They are ideal for industrial use as most come in larger models.
Less costly models can satisfy your needs at home.
Type of Blade
The blades vary in terms of their length. There are double and single blades.
The distance between the teeth of the blade determines how powerful your blade is likely to be in trimming branches. Hedge trimmers for home use have smaller gaps in their blades.
Single bladed hedge trimmers are the best to use for beginners.
Double-sided ones may be a major risk for people that lack experience as they tend to work a bit differently from the single-bladed ones.
The space that you have while trimming determines the length of the blade you should choose.
Though longer blades tend to be more convenient, they may pose a challenge for people trimming hedges in tight spaces.
Beginners should be sure to select a trimmer with a shorter length for their safety until they are used to work.
Heavyweight hedge trimmers are not easy to use, especially for beginners. They, however, tend to have high performance.
Lightweight ones are easier to use and complete the work, and they are ideal for beginners.
Gas trimmers make more noise compared to electric ones. You should make enough research before purchasing a hedge trimmer.
When you choose to purchase gas hedge trimmers, you should be sure to buy earplugs.
Lightweight trimmers are safer to use, and heavy powered ones require more care and caution.
Heavy trimmers are not recommended for beginners as they can pose a major risk to them.
You should, however, always read the instruction before use and follow them accordingly.
You should choose hedge trimmers with body shields that prevent you from moving your hands closer to the blades.
Be sure to wear gloves and eyewear when using trimmers.
You need to select hedge trimmers that can serve you for many years.
Be sure to get information about the strength of the features of the particular trimmer that you want to purchase.
The warranty of the device that you want to purchase should be your utmost concern.
Customer reviews also matter as they inform you of the capabilities of the gadget that you want to purchase.
Types of Hedge Trimmers
Greenworks 22-Inch 4-Amp Corded Hedge Trimmer
Description of the Greenworks 22-Inch 4-Amp Corded Hedge Trimmer
This is one of the unbeatable hedge trimmers that you can purchase.
The blade has a length of 22 inches, and it is ideal for trimming around your home. The item is easy to handle, and you can assemble it quickly.
Due to the lightweight of the item, you can use it around your house efficiently and be sure to enjoy a beautiful trimmed garden
Features of the Greenworks 22-Inch 4-Amp Corded Hedge Trimmer
Cord lock: the integrated lock help to protect the trimmer for disconnecting on the socket when you are using it.
This increases its efficiency as you can move around your compound and complete the work without interruptions.
Lightweight: the feature makes it easy for you to hold it and complete the work even for an extended period.
Over mold grip: the feature brings about comfort to its users, and it protects fingers from harm
Electric motor with 4 amp
Rotating handle that enables it to rotate thus you can trim from any angle
The blade is 5/8 inch, and this makes it a good choice for trimming around your home with convenience and guarantee of a better trimming experience
Pros of the Greenworks 22-Inch 4-Amp Corded Hedge Trimmer
- Has bright green color which makes it highly visible to keep you safe while trimming
- The user manual is easy to read and understand
- Four-year warranty and thus you can always get a replacement whenever you face problems with your device
- Easy to use thanks to its simplicity and the available user manual
- The lightweight allows you to carry it around and trim your garden even longer
Cons of the Greenworks 22-Inch 4-Amp Corded Hedge Trimmer
- The cord retainer lacks functionality, and you may have to tie a loop around it to prevent the trimmer from slipping off
- The blade lacks a slide to help in storing it easily
- Rusts if you fail to lubricate it
BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Cordless Hedge Trimmer
Description of the BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Cordless Hedge Trimmer
This is the hedge trimmer with the highest voltage in the market. It is bound to serve you for a long time as you go about your trimming endeavors.
With its high voltage, you can be sure to complete your tasks early enough as you do not experience any interruptions as a result of power.
It makes the process quicker compared to other gadgets.
The device has a warranty of 2 years, and with their high-end customer services, you can be sure to receive quick responses to any problems that you raise.
Features of the BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- The device has a 22-inch blade, and this is long enough for beginners to use it efficiently. The length of the blade is the exact recommended one for beginners
- The gadget cuts branches quickly at a thickness of ¾
- The battery of the device is bound to last long, and it is one of the few that can hold power for many hours
- It has dual action blades, and thus, it aggressively slashes through strong branches in a short time
Pros of the BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- The blade is powerful enough to help you complete your tasks on time
- The lightweight of the device allows you to carry it around as you trim the branches without tiring up
- Completes work efficiently due to its powerful nature
- It is easy to handle due to its cord and hand band that prevents your hands from getting damaged
- The device is easy to set up, and with the information on the user manual, you can be sure to complete the entire process in a short time
Cons of the BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- The blades do not stay sharp for a long time, and they get worse if you fail to use the device often
- The blade does not easily cut through heavy and thick bushes, and thus you should research first before purchasing it.
- Be sure of the thickness of your branches before settling for the gadget
BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer
Description of the BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer
This device is also powerful, and it enables you to complete your work on time.
The battery lasts long to ensure that you do not take breaks to recharge it. It is a reliable gadget that can facilitate an unforgettable, trimming moment.
The device is also top-notch, and with its electric mechanism, it does not pollute the environment through gas emissions.
Besides, it is powerful to easily cut through branches quickly.
Features of the BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- The battery has 40V that enable it to deliver power to cut through branches easily
- The blades have a length of 24 inches, and this allows you to cut branches without risking your life
- The reach blades are extended to give the trimmer extra capacity to cut through the branches efficiently
- The device has an indicator that indicates the state of the battery, and this keeps you alert on when the battery needs recharging
- The dual-action blades give you a seamless encounter when cutting through branches
Pros of the BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- The device offers a strong grip, and this gives you comfort when trimming your garden
- The device has high compatibility that allows you to enjoy the trimming process
- The trimmer is not noisy, and it has less vibration, which is harmless to your ears.
- Since the trimmer is electric, it does not emit hazardous gases to the environment, and this makes it a reliable one to use even when you are close to your neighbors
- The device is easy to use and assemble
Cons of the BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- The shaft of the device is fragile. The shaft tends to get damaged easily when the blades jam in the branches and this makes the device unreliable as it is almost impossible to prevent the jams
- The device is not durable, and some clients complain of the motor failing often, and there is usually smoke and a lot of noise coming from the device
- The customer services on the warranty is not reliable, and most times they fail to replace the device when it fails
Tanaka TCH22EAP2 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer
This is a powerful gas trimmer that brings you a better experience in your endeavors.
The device is a rare kind thanks to its five-finger grip mechanism that enables you to trim the branches faster.
It is a friendly device to use in your activities, and its high reliability makes everything simple.
It has double blades that make the work easier, and they cut through branches easily thanks to their sharpness.
The high efficiency of the device gives you worth for your money. The engine is made of high-quality materials that enable it to last longer.
The device features high efficiency on how it works and, with its grip, has spaces in between to enable it to offer you a better grasp.
Features of the Tanaka TCH22EAP2 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer
- 20-inch blades that maintain their sharpness and they cut through branches quickly
- The exhaust of the device faces upwards to prevent the device from burning, and this makes it an ideal choice to use in trimming your branches
- The engine is 21.11 cc, and this increases the durability of the trimmer. It also gives the device power to handle harsh tasks in a short time
- The handle is covered by elastic rubber to protect your hands from damage, and this enables you to continue enjoying a wide range of trimming options without damaging them
- The blades have gaps between them, and this divides them to enhance their efficiency and workability
- With this type of blade, you do not have to keep lubricating it as it gets the work done and it can run for long hours without lubricating it
- The blades are sharp, and they are strong. They maintain their sharpness for a long time to make your work efficient.
- Offers you five positions for grasping the device and with this, you are assured of maximum protection in your endeavors
Pros of the Tanaka TCH22EAP2 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer
- The trimmer has a powerful motor that facilitates its running. The motor enables the device to stay powerful and quickly cut through the branches
- The dual blades of the trimmer are among the longest, and this gives them a powerful ability to trim the branches around your home with ease.
- Besides, the length prevents you from straining as you can trim branches from far away as you maintain your position
- The trimmer is quite unlike other types of trimmers that tend to emit a lot of noise that may be harmful to the ears.
- The handle of the device is adjustable, and one can enjoy safety thanks to the five positions that it offers you.
- The device is robust and well made to increase its durability and capability to handle difficult tasks and strong branches
Cons of Tanaka TCH22EAP2 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer
- The device is heavy, and this may make it difficult for you to carry it around for a long time
- The device uses the pull cord start mechanism, and it may be not appealing for many
Description of Husqvarna 122HD60
This is an easy to use trimmer that can get your work done in a short time. It has a strong engine that facilitates its better working.
With its strong handle, you can be sure to enjoy a strong grasp and trim efficiently.
It brings you perfectness in cutting edges, and it is one of the devices that you can rely on when cutting branches around your garden.
It has strong blades to make the cutting process easier, and with them, you can shape your garden into the perfect shape that you desire.
Features of the Husqvarna 122HD60
The device has a low vibe mechanism that dampness the vibrations being emitted by the motor.
With less vibrations, you can be sure to have low stress on your hands, and thus you get to handle each activity with efficiency
The Multi-position handle of the device is a good option for you to complete your work on time.
The handle enables you to cut the branches from different angles as you can position it in any direction that you find desirable
The smart start mechanism of the device brings you efficiency on how you start it. It starts quickly, and you can get to trim your compound in a short time
The strong engine of the trimmer is specially made to give it power and the ability to operate without emitting vibrations that could be the cause of the noise.
With it, you get an efficient way to handle your operations.
Pros of the Husqvarna 122HD60
- The trimmer has a warranty of 2 years, and with that, you can always get help on the problems that you face while using it.
- Besides, you can always get a replacement for your device whenever you are unable to use it
- The device is easy to use. You can start it easily and get the engine working efficiently in a few minutes.
- It gives you an easy way to maintain it, and you can always get the materials for replacement in the market
- The device is lightweight and weighs 9.8 pounds. You can easily carry it around and enjoy vast options on your trimming endeavors
- The length of the blade is excellent, and it allows you to conveniently trim the branches even from far, and you do not get tired as a result of moving around the garden many times
- The blades can cut branches that have a ¾ thicknesses, and this is prove of their strength and sharpness
Cons of the Husqvarna 122HD60
- You may have to adjust the carb several times before achieving the perfect length to work with it.
- The feature may be inconveniencing especially for people that lack experience using the trimmer
Description of the Echo HC-152
This is one of the most gas-powered trimming devices. It gives you value for your money as you get to enjoy vast activities and convenience with the device.
It has a strong engine that eliminates all the hustle of having to take breaks during your trimming endeavors.
With this device, you can be sure to eliminate exhaustion as it gets the work done quickly to give you extra space for resting.
Using the device is easy, and it is ideal for hedge trimming in both large and medium-sized areas.
Features of the Echo HC-152
- The gear is greaseable, and thus you can maintain the device with ease. You should always select the right grease to use on it to avoid corroding it
- It has a tip guard, which is an essential component in preventing the blade from coming into contact with your hands.
- Besides, it also prevents the blade from coming into contact with buildings, ground, and fences and thus you can be sure of safety whenever you need to use the device
- It has bars that offer rigid support. The bars are essential in enabling you to make the straight band even hedges that can make your garden beautiful
- The blade has a design of 3 cutting hedge, and this enables it to cut through branches with ease, and it brings forth clean cuts
- The purge bulb of the trimmer allows you to start the device quickly
- The blades have a razor edge mechanism, and the double mechanism allows you to cut through the branches quickly
Pros of the Echo HC-152
- The engine is powerful, and it gets the work done easily even in the large, tough areas
- The sharpness of the blades is a great option to allow you to complete the work in a short time
- The device is overly powerful thanks to its gas mechanism, and this enables it to cut through large and medium-sized fields
- The device is ideal to use in the largest areas, and it is powerful enough to get the work done
- It has an excellent balance and control to make your experience better
- Starting the engine is easy, and you can control it with ease
- The materials of the device are durable, and they give you value for your money
Cons of the Echo HC-152
- The device is heavy compared to its size, and this may be challenging for you to carry it around as you may have to use a lot of energy and you can get tired quickly
- It lacks handle adjustments, and this makes the device inconvenient
Poulan Pro PP2822
Description of the Poulan Pro PP2822
This is another great option for a gas trimmer that you can use at home. It is affordable, and it gets the work done in a few minutes.
Its powerful nature enables you to enjoy efficiency while trimming.
It is easy to use this device, and even without much experience, one can easily set it you and get to work.
With its powerful engine, users can shape the branches of their gardens depending on the shape and size that they desire.
Features of the Poulan Pro PP2822
- The starter of the device is spring assisted, and this creates a lot of conveniences when starting it
- The blades are made of steel, and this gives them durability to give you longer service and make it easy for you whenever you are cutting the branches
- The blades are 22 inches, and with that length, they get to tri around areas easily
- The double rotating engine of the trimmer allows it to handle numerous tasks that some trimmers cannot handle.
- The powerful nature of this device makes it easy to start and operate it.
- The blades are dual-sided, and this enhances the usability of the device
- Due to the length of the blades, you can be sure to have a smooth cut from the device, and you get to enjoy well-shaped branches
- The handle can rotate to 360 degrees, and this creates convenience and usability of the device
Pros of the Poulan Pro PP2822
- The device is very powerful, and this allows you to handle larger areas and cut through branches of larger thickness
- The affordability of the trimmer makes it easy for you to save money
- The dual-sided blade is extra-long, and this enables it to give you better clean cuts
- The three positioning handle allows you to twist the blade to the direction that you prefer
Cons of the Poulan Pro PP2822
- The trimmer is heavy
- The location of the exhaust is on a weird side, and you may have problems with environmental pollution
Description of the Husqvarna 122HD45
This is one of the lightest gas trimmers that you can have. It is affordable, and its performance is top-notch.
The device gives you a good experience, and it gets your work done in a few minutes. With the efficiency it gives you when opening it, you can always enjoy more convenience.
Features of the Husqvarna 122HD45
- Anti-vibration dampeners that absorb the noise from the motor
- The device is lightweight, and you do not get tired quickly while using it
- With the low noise of his trimmer, you can be sure to enjoy our trimming activity
- Starting the engine is easy and requires less knowledge
- High-efficiency thanks to its powerful nature
Pros of the Husqvarna 122HD45
- Extremely lightweight
- The device is easy to use with less complications
- The blade is short, and this increases the stability of the device
- The anti-vibration dampeners reduce the hand stress hence you can use the trimmer for a longer time
Cons of the Husqvarna 122HD45
- The rubber gas line at times gets faulty quickly
- With its shorter blade, you cannot trim some areas
Milwaukee 2726-20 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
Description of the Milwaukee 2726-20 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The trimmer features an easy way to trim branches hanks t its powerful engine and stability.
With its powerful nature, you get to achieve the perfect shape that you need in your garden. It is affordable and highly reliable.
Features of the Milwaukee 2726-20 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- A 24-inch blade that makes trimming easier and fast
- It is highly compatible
- Cuts ¾ branches
- It runs for 2 hours before the next charge
- The handle and weight placements offer a good chance for the balance
- The blade guard prevents damage of our hands
Pros of the Milwaukee 2726-20 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- The powerful device creates efficiency
- Less noise
Cons of the device
- The rotating trigger is not reliable
Sun Joe SJH901E Telescoping Pole Trimmer
Description of the Sun Joe SJH901E Telescoping Pole Trimmer
With this trimmer, you do not require a ladder to trim your compound. It is efficient, and its reliability is on another level. It has sharp blades to get the work done.
Features of the Sun Joe SJH901E Telescoping Pole Trimmer
- Two-year warranty to offer you seamless customer services
- Sharp blades
- Powerful with 3.8 amps motor
- 7.4 feet to get the work done
Pros of the Sun Joe SJH901E Telescoping Pole Trimmer
- Powerful to complete tasks
- Long blade to give clean cuts
Cons of the Sun Joe SJH901E Telescoping Pole Trimmer
- The device is not affordable