tawkboard.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site at no extra cost to you. Here is our Affiliate disclosure page
The 10 Best Wasp Trap Products
Wasps are both good and bad to gardeners. They eat insects that destroy crops, and this reduces the overall expenses of farmers on pesticides to control such insects.
Wasps can, however, be annoying and dangerous to people. They are aggressive insects, and they cause serious bites that can be more dangerous to those affected.
Wasp bites can cause anaphylactic shock to people that allergic to them, and if one fails to get medical treatment quickly, they may succumb to the issue.
Wasps seem to increase during the summer season, and they pose a great risk to animals and humans if they are not controlled.
If you fail to control them, they can multiply quickly and invade your outdoor space.
Controlling insects can be annoying and dangerous. Due to their aggressive nature, wasp traps are the best option to get rid of them.
There are many types of wasp trap Products that you can use to trap them. They minimize the risks that could negatively affect you while trapping the wasps.
Here is a review of the best wasp traps that you can use to eliminate the aggressive insects and tips on how to wag them.
Tips to Wagging war on Wasps
Feed them Sweet syrups
Wasps tend to increase during spring due to the good weather. During this period, the insects like to feed on sweet things.
To lure them to our trap, you should feed them on sweet syrup and cream soda, and this may help you trap a large number of them easily without putting yourself at risk.
Avail proteins in cold weather
As temperatures drop, wasps tend to enjoy feeding on raw blood.
They do not feed on sweet syrups anymore, and proteins start to matter to them more as they need to have bodybuilding bodies to sustain them during the cold season when they need more energy.
During the cold season, they tend to feed on raw blood and ground beef.
These are the types of foods that you should avail to them, and by gathering them together to one place, you can easily trap them at once.
Try making homemade wasp traps
During desperate times, homemade wasp traps seem to work.
Before you can purchase a real professional wasp trap Products, you can try making your trap at home.
Homemade traps do not seem to be so effective compared to those that are made with professionalism.
You can use pop bottles to try to trap the wasps whenever they gather in the places that you place the food.
They cannot kill the insects, but they are a good choice to trap them.
Modify Wasp Nests
Paper bags tend to be the best option in making nesting places for wasps.
You should be sure to set them up in various places in mid-march as it is usually the nesting period for the wasps.
During this period, the queen wasps as likely to find a nest where she can relax and nest, and wit paper bags, you can draw a colony of the wasps inside as they try to bring food to the wasps.
Insecticides also work at times when you use them on wasps. You need to be cautious when spraying them as they can attack you.
To get the job done, you should be sure to spray some foam in the entrance of the wasp nest.
You can then insert the nozzle inside the nest and spray the insecticide to get rid of the wasps.
Trap them at Night
It is always effective to trap the wasps at night as they cannot fly.
The inability of the wasps to see makes them dormant hence they remain in their nests.
You should be sure not to use a flashlight as it creates a way for them to see.
You can either spray or trap them depending on the remedy you have at that specific time.
Avoid burning them
Wasps are mostly located in the house.
Burning them seems to be a great idea, but it may put you at risk as the fire could get out of control hence burning your home.
Be sure to avoid fires as they can be very harmful compared to traps and insecticides.
Best Types of Wasp Traps
Aspectek Trap for Bees, Wasps, Hornets, Yellowjackets
Description of the Aspectek Trap for Bees, Wasps, Hornets, Yellowjackets
If your premises are infested by yellow jackets and wasps, these wasp trap Products got you.
It is considered one of the best choices you can buy to trap these annoying insects.
The wasp trap Products has many tunnels that work perfectly in trapping the dangerous insects.
The trap has a special mechanism of holding the insects and never letting them go.
It has a mixture of sugar and water that works well in attracting and finally trapping such dangerous insects.
The insects travel through the tunnels that are below the trap, and they enter the interior before they can finally settle in the yellow clear chamber where they are held for a lifetime.
It has proven to be a highly effective trap in eliminating such insects.
Features of the Aspectek Trap for Bees, Wasps, Hornets, Yellowjackets
- The device is spill-proof, and you can easily refill the mixture inside it, and it does not let the water come out, and this allows the insects to get attracted to the smell of sugar and finally get trapped inside as they feed.
- Safe: the device is one of the safest ones you can use at home. You can also use it outdoors.
- It is an effective way of getting rid of the insects and keeping your children and pets safe as it does not harm them. Even when you have food around, you can use this type of trap.
- Highly effective: this type of trap is safe, and it quickly attracts and traps the insects in a few minutes as long as they enter through the holes.
- It gets more effective when you use it around fruits and vegetables that have smells that attract the insects. The wasp trap Products is also ideal in trapping fruit flies and other insects that may infest your house.
- The device is nontoxic, and since it only uses human food to attract the insects, you can be sure to achieve high reliability and flexibility with it.
Pros of the Aspectek Trap for Bees, Wasps, Hornets, Yellowjackets
- It quickly catches wasps and other insects as long as you use it in the correct way
- The device ships with a cord made of nylon that you can use it hand on the yard or wall. The feature makes it easy to quickly lure insects inside
- It is convenient to use this type of trap, and it comes in 2 pack, and thus you can use indoors and the other outdoors
- You can re-use this type of product as you only need to wash it an refill the water and sugar to ensure that the insects keep coming through
Cons of the Aspectek Trap for Bees, Wasps, Hornets, Yellowjackets
- The hollowness of the holes in this device makes it difficult to clean before you can refill it
- The caps of the product are loose, and it makes it difficult for you to fit them in the holes hence trapping the insects becomes difficult
Hoont Solar Powered Outdoor Wasp Trap
Description of the Hoont Solar Powered Outdoor Wasp Trap
This is an effective device that gives you a god encounter whenever you need to eliminate the insects in your home.
It brings the latest technology in eliminating dangerous insects. The device uses solar power panels that provide light for the insects to be attracted to it.
With this device, you do not need to worry about recharging the batteries or replacing them as it charges on the sun whenever it is a bright day.
The panel later automatically turns itself one when it is night time. The light brings the insects closer, and it traps them.
Besides, you have the option of filling the holes at the bottom of the device with water and sugar so that it may bring the insects together for maximum effectiveness in trapping them.
With the wasp trap Products, you can be assured of attracting a vast number of wasps, fruit flies, bees, and many more.
Features of the Hoont Solar Powered Outdoor Wasp Trap
- The outdoor wasp trap is easy to set up, and you only need to add sugar to water and fill it in the holes.
- The sugary water attracts the dangerous insects inside and kills them within a few days as they cannot get out of the holes since they are too shallow for them to get out
- Uses solar UV light: the new device in the market uses UV lights that attract the insects to the holes.
- You do not need to worry about recharging the batteries as the device recharges itself in the sun, and it automatically turns on when it is dark. It offers you a seamless way to get rid of insects in your home.
- The device is extremely useful and it has two holes on both sides.
The two holes allow room for the insects to enter through either of the sides and the sugary water, as well as the lights, attract the inside the device.
Once they get inside, they enter into the clear area, and they cannot escape as they drown in the sugary water that is heated by the solar light.
- Offers you long unlimited services: the device is easy to reuse. It is one of the most effective ones since it is made of heavy-duty materials that prolong its life.
With such materials, you do not need to worry about breaking it.
You can always clean it up after the trapping process and store it in the right place so that you can reuse it when you have any other infestation of bees, wasps, or other annoying insects at your home.
- You do not need to spend money maintaining the device: whenever you need to empty it, you should unscrew the cap and shake the device until the insects trapped inside to come out.
You can also empty the sugary water and return it to the right place so that you can reuse it later.
Pros of the Hoont Solar Powered Outdoor Wasp Trap
- Whenever you purchase this device, you save yourself from the wrath of the insects for many years due to its long-lasting ability.
- You can reuse this device many times as it does not require much maintenance. You only need to empty the insects trapped inside and return the device in the right place.
- It has a sturdy design, and with its heavy-duty plastic design, it is always bound to give you a long service
Cons of the Hoont Solar Powered Outdoor Wasp Trap
- The trap is too small, and it may not be convenient to use it, especially if you have a large infestation of the wasps.
If you purchase it, you might need to keep emptying it frequently
- The light switch may become corroded, and thus you have trouble attracting a vast number of bees and wasps inside.
The corrosion may be caused by the water that you place inside the device so that you can attract more bees.
- The light attracts fruit flies, and since they are too small, they may escape from it in case they get trapped inside
RESCUE! Non-Toxic Trapstik for Wasps
Description of the RESCUE! Non-Toxic Trapstik for Wasps
This type of trap catches the target insects without harming other wildlife animals and insects.
It is a good option to use in trapping wasps and bees. It is redesigned to give you safety and help you protect the environment.
This type of trap is one of the best that you can have at home to help you keep wasps at bay.
The spikes that the trap has on its tips enable it to protect birds from entering through the holes.
Features of the RESCUE! Non-Toxic Trapstik for Wasps
- The product is manufactured in the USA, and it is one of the best that you can use in eliminating all the insects that interfere with your normal activities at home.
The device is of high quality, and it brings you efficiency in your daily chores of eliminating harmful insects like wasps and bees.
- The device efficiently traps wasps and eliminates them by attracting them in the holes and later getting them stuck through its sticky mechanism
- The wasp trap Products does not contain any killing agent, and this makes it environmentally friendly.
Through catching the insects, the device does not expose it to any form of scents that can be overly harmful to them.
The sticky substance in the device enables it to lure the insects inside and let them get stuck, and later you can eliminate them in the device.
- The device prevents damage in your home furniture by trapping the insects and letting them get stuck on it hence preventing them from harming you
Pros of the RESCUE! Non-Toxic Trapstik for Wasps
- The device has a bird guard that protects birds and other pets ensuring that you only catch the insects that you target
- The wasp trap Products does not contain any forms of chemicals or pesticides, and this makes it a suitable one for anyone that likes to conserve the environment
- You can easily hang this device at any point in your home, kitchen, or garden to attract and trap wasps, bees, yellow jackets, and other flies that may be annoying and dangerous at your home.
- The device is reusable 100%, and you can clean it with ease to place it back in position so that you can handle your wasp capturing needs
- The device is sturdy, and with its strong materials, you can be sure to have a longer service from it no matter the years that you use. you only need to maintain it in the right way to ensure that it maintains its initial looks
Cons of the RESCUE! Non-Toxic Trapstik for Wasps
- The product, at times, fails to be efficient, and it may not trap the yellow jackets. It may only be useful in trapping wasps, but you should be sure to use it correctly for it to be effective
- You cannot use refills from other brands. This makes it inconvenient, and you cannot design a homemade home refills as it can never work.
Each time you need to maintain the item, you should be sure to order refills from e brand to get your work done
Sterling Rescue Yellowjacket, Meat Bees And Ground Hornets Control Trap
Description of the Sterling Rescue Yellowjacket, Meat Bees And Ground Hornets Control Trap
This is another brand for the Rescue venture. It has almost similar uses with the previously reviewed devices.
It is one of the best wasp trap Products that you can get to control wasps and bees at your home and in the garden.
The trapper uses a slightly different mechanism in trapping the insects.
With this item, the wasps enter the trap through holes that are on top of the trap. The item has an attractor that lures the insects towards the holes.
You need to place the sweet-smelling liquid in plastic receptacles that come with the item. You can also refill the item.
Features of the Sterling Rescue Yellowjacket, Meat Bees and Ground Hornets Control Trap
- Whenever you need to empty the dead insects from the item, you do not have to touch the bait, and this protects your hands
- The item controls and knocks down all types of wasps and yellow jackets as long as they make their entry through its holes
- The traps are disposable, and this creates convenience using the item as even after the disposal, it does not harm the environment
- Made in the USA
- The item is easy to use, and you need to cut the top of the line that is dotted at the top and pull on the tab upwards, fill in the water and hang it on the wall or any other place that you find to be convenient
Pros of the Sterling Rescue Yellowjacket, Meat Bees and Ground Hornets Control Trap
- The bait is non-toxic, and it is usually used as an attractant which traps the insects by luring them to the holes through its sweet smell
- You get to purchase the wasp trap Products in a six-pack, and this creates its convenience and also offers you vast choices on where you can place them
- When you use the item in the correct way, you can catch many wasps in a short span of time, and this helps you to quickly eliminate the dangerous animals
- The ability to dispose the item after use makes it a better choice as you do not have to worry about cleaning them constantly and with that you save time
Cons of the Sterling Rescue Yellowjacket, Meat Bees and Ground Hornets Control Trap
- The item does not have an aesthetic look and placing it in your garden may not be pleasing
- Disposing of the plastic items in the environment for a long time may be harmful, and they can cause high levels of pollution that are not good for animals, and it may interfere with the climate patterns
- It is not possible for you to add your sugar of choice to this item and you have to solely rely on that provided by the brand and whenever it is no more, you may have to wait before the latter can be delivered to you
Rescue FT3-SF8 Visilure Fly Tape
Description of the Rescue FT3-SF8 Visilure Fly Tape
This is one of the most advantageous traps that you can buy. It is cost-effective and saves you money.
The device uses the latest adhesive technology with multiple colors to attract the wasps and other flies and later traps them by getting them stuck on the surface.
This is one of the devices from this company that gives you more convenience in the places that you choose to trap the wasps.
With it, you can always select the most reliable place by sticking the tape on its surface and letting it complete the work by attracting all the flies and wasps that pose a danger to you and your pets and children.
Features of the Rescue FT3-SF8 Visilure Fly Tape
- The item is free from odor, and you do not need to worry about the unbearable smell in the house whenever you use it to trap wasps
- The item is friendly to the environment as it does not contain any forms of pesticides that may interfere with your normal life and the level of caution you need to take while using it
- It is highly effective in catching the common flies in your house and also wasps
- The item has a special technology of the use of adhesive to trap the insects by making them stick on its surface whenever they set their feet on it.
The adhesive mechanism works best during hot weather
Pros of the Rescue FT3-SF8 Visilure Fly Tape
- You can use the adhesive tape anywhere in your house
- You do not have to worry about spending too much while purchasing this item as it comes at a reasonable price
- The item has multiple uses, and you can use it to trap other types of insects rather than wasps
Cons of the Rescue FT3-SF8 Visilure Fly Tape
- The items tape usually has the dead insects out in the open, and this may not be an appealing image in your garden
- The item is not easy to clean
Fatal Funnel Wasp and Hornet Traps
Description of the Fatal Funnel Wasp and Hornet Traps
This is the right wasp trap Products for DIY fans.
The item enables them to recycle bottles of soda that they do not need to use around their houses anymore.
Time is one of the cheapest and easiest to set up. You only need to connect the tunnel to the bottle and mix the liquids as recommend in the user manual instructions.
Features of the Fatal Funnel Wasp and Hornet Traps
- Aesthetic design: the packaging of the device is attractive, and it is a great choice to have in your garden
- The item makes a great gift thanks to its aesthetic look
- It is cost-effective and gets you to get more for a low price
- It kills wasps and other insects quickly and safely without polluting the environment
- You do not need to use any chemicals or pesticides that can be toxic to the environment
Pros of the Fatal Funnel Wasp and Hornet Traps
- Highly affordable and you save money
- The product is easy to use, and you only need to follow the procedures in the user manual on how to make and mix the sugar and water liquid
- It is a great choice in eliminating bees and wasps
- It is durable
- It is effective
Cons of the Fatal Funnel Wasp and Hornet Traps
- The funnel seems to fill up quickly, and this keeps you occupied on emptying it frequently
Safer Deluxe Yellow Jacket Bait
Description of the Safer Deluxe Yellow Jacket Bait
This is one of the most effective wasp trap Products to lure wasps and yellow jackets to the holes. It acts fast in eliminating the insects.
It is also safe as it is designed with a protein solution to keep off special insects like bees and protect them from death.
Features for the Safer Deluxe Yellow Jacket Bait
- It uses food as its bait, and thus it is safe
- Designed with a protein solution to only attract wasps and yellow jackets
- It is 100%free from pesticides
- It has three bait refills that you can replace later
Pros of the Safer Deluxe Yellow Jacket Bait
- The trap is effective in capturing yellow jackets and wasps
- The item is durable
- Easy to use
Cons of the Safer Deluxe Yellow Jacket Bait
- The instructions in the user manual are challenging to read and follow efficiently
Pure Garden Beehive Wasp Trap Yellow
Description of the Pure Garden Beehive Wasp Trap Yellow
This is a good device to use whenever you have friends around, and you do want them to know about the insect infestation problem that you are facing.
It has an attractive yellow color, and thus you can place it on the table or in the kitchen and use it effectively. It also conceals the content of the dead insects through its bowl-like shape.
Features of the Pure Garden Beehive Wasp Trap Yellow
- It has polypropylene which is resistant to the weather and thus it lasts you longer
- Easy to use and you only need to add water in the container and let it complete the work
- With its beehive-like nature, it helps to quickly attract wasps and eliminate them
- Has an aesthetic look
Pros of the Pure Garden Beehive Wasp Trap Yellow
- Lightweight for easy portability
- Sturdy due to its hard material construction
- Effective in attracting and trapping wasps and yellow jackets due to its yellow color and scent
- Aesthetic to place on the table
Cons of the Pure Garden Beehive Wasp Trap Yellow
- This type of trap may not be effective in attracting all types of insects, and thus you must be sure to use a lure that is more effective in bringing the insects to the hive.
BestNest Four Pack of Esschert Design Wasp Traps
Description of the BestNest Four Pack of Esschert Design Wasp Traps
If you need a wasp trap Products with an aesthetic look, this is the perfect choice for you.
It has four bottles that are cast with each three iron cast rods, which enable it to be sturdy. You do not require chemicals or pesticides to use this item.
Features of the BestNest Four Pack of Esschert Design Wasp Traps
- It has an open base that traps the flies and wasp
- Comes with four glass traps that are held by iron rods that support them
- The dark brown seal on the top makes the product look more beautiful
Pros of the BestNest Four Pack of Esschert Design Wasp Traps
- Attractive design that adds beauty in your table
- Effective in attracting and trapping flies
Cons of the BestNest Four Pack of Esschert Design Wasp Traps
- The device can break easily if you fail to handle it with care because it is made of glass
16 pack Rescue! Yellow Jacket Attractant Refill Cartridge
Description of the 16 pack Rescue! Yellow Jacket Attractant Refill Cartridge
This item comes with a 16 pack of baits that are de3signed to work with the yellow jackets and wasps.
The pack can last you for about ten weeks, and it is an excellent affordable option for you.
Features of the 16 pack Rescue! Yellow Jacket Attractant Refill Cartridge
- Does not use pesticide’s that may be harmful to your children, you and pets
- Does not lure bees that are beneficial
- Long-lasting 16 pack baits to save you money
- Powerful with an attractive nature
Pros of the 16 pack Rescue! Yellow Jacket Attractant Refill Cartridge
- Non-chemical formula to offer you protection from any risks
- Attractive design to use in your table
- Affordable hence saving you money
- Does not kill beneficial bees and other insects that are of benefits to your garden and house
Cons of the 16 pack Rescue! Yellow Jacket Attractant Refill Cartridge
- It can only be used in a small house or else you may need to purchase at least two traps from rescue