tawkboard.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site at no extra cost to you. Here is our Affiliate disclosure page
The 10 Best Pellet Stoves for Your Home
It is unpleasant to get cold in your house during the winter. Heat is crucial in creating a warm environment for you as you enjoy good moments with your loved ones in the house.
Though heaters tend to heat the room whenever you put them on, they are not as cost-effective as they consume high amounts of electricity.
Wood fireplaces are an option that you use to reduce the overall cost, but they are dangerous to use in your house, particularly if you pay less attention to them.
Pellet stoves have proven to be highly reliable in providing heat in your house during winter. They are more affordable, and they do not require a lot of maintenance.
The stoves use pellet-like pieces to produce heat, and you only need a few of these pellets to warm up your house.
It may be overwhelming trying to select the best pellet stoves to buy as there are many models in the market.
In this article, we review some of the best ones that you can purchase to create wonderful winter warmth for your home.
Factors to Consider before Buying pellet stoves
Pellets have become a better option for heating houses than wood as they tend to produce more heat.
They also do not produce carbon, unlike wood. To avoid miscalculations while buying pellet stoves, you should consider these factors.
You should be keen on the overall cost that you are likely to incur before you get your stove working.
You should research the overall most of the stove, the installation cost, and the initial cost of the pellets.
Pellets mostly come at the cost of 5$, and the stoves cost about $2500 depending on the quality.
Availability of the Pellets
The pellets come at varying prices depending on the country that you reside in whenever you need to purchase them.
Some countries have environmental regulations that forbid cutting down trees, and in such places, the cost of pellets may be higher compared to places that do not have such laws.
If you reside in such places, you should consider buying the pellets in wholesale to cover for the times when they are not readily available.
Pellet prices vary depending on the season, demand, and availability. You may need to buy the pellets when they are in surplus to save costs.
The space available for the installation of the pellet stove should be a major concern that you should put in place before purchasing one.
The stoves come in different sizes and shapes. It is essential that you determine the space that you have in your house for the installation of the item.
If you are unsure of the measurement of your set space.
You should consider involving an expert to help you in determining the correct size of the stove pellet that you should purchase.
This is another factor you should be cautious about when purchasing stove pellets.
You should be sure that your supplier is always readily available whenever you need them.
Besides, the availability of the pellets is usually determined by the supplier’s presence; hence you can avoid freezing during winter by having all the information on time.
Some pellet stoves are known to make a lot of noise. A lot of noise in the house makes it uncomfortable to stay in the house and enjoy good times.
You should select a stove that has less noise and be sure to select one that uses radiation and natural convection to heat the room as it tends to have low noise.
It is at times fiddly to clean a pellet stove. Before purchasing one, you should be sure to know whether it has an ash pan or not.
Ash pans help to collect the ash together in one place, and this reduces the overall work that you have to complete.
Performance of the stove
The stove that you select should have high performance.
A good one should be able to automatically go off when there is a power surge or when it reaches the required heat in your house.
Besides, the heat that the stove produces should be comfortable and radiant.
Types of Pellet Stoves
Comfortbilt Pellet Stove
Description of the Comfortbilt Pellet Stove
This stove is one of the most powerful ones in the market. The company manufactures items with high reliability and performance to warm up your house during winter.
The efficiency of the device makes it one of the best choices that you can select to use during the cold season.
Besides, the device offers you a convenient way to clean it up. Its durability is on another level, and with it, you can be sure to use it for a long time.
It is the bestselling product form this company, and you can be assured of seamless experiences while using it.
Features of the Comfortbilt Pellet Stove
- The bay view window is attractive: you can enjoy a charming view of the fire form this window and have a comfortable and relaxing moment.
- The window beautifies your house and creates a serene environment for you and your guests.
- 2-year warranty: the company offers you two additional years of warranty to allow you to enjoy the experience with your device without worries.
- The thermostat of the stove is programmable, and this offers you diversity on how you use the device
- Due to its large size, the device heats up to 28000square feet, and even when you have a large house, you can be sure to enjoy warm moments at your home
- The item comes with an ash pan to reduce the burden of cleaning. You only need to empty the pan when it is full for the stove to work efficiently
- It has a powerful blower
Pros of the Comfortbilt Pellet Stove
- The stove is the most powerful one that you can get from the company, and it is bound to offer you great experiences in warming up your house
- The build of the device is heavy-duty, and this gives it the durability to provide you with longer service and value for your money.
- The window in front of the device is good looking, and this adds up to the beauty of your house
- Installing the stove is easy, and you only need to follow the instructions in the manual to get the work done
- Cleaning the device is not demanding thanks to its ash pan that traps all the debris and dirt
Cons of the Comfortbilt Pellet Stove
- The product is pricey, and you may need to save before settling for it
Castle Pellet Stoves
Description of the Castle Pellet Stoves
This is one of the Pellet stoves with high durability, and despite giving you longer services, it is bound to save you costs due to its low power consumption.
You can rely on the stove to heat your home during winter.
It is easy to use, and the installation process is not complicated. With the stove, you enjoy heating of up to 1500 square feet in your room.
At some point, the room heating is lower compared to that of other stove pellets.
Features of the Castle Pellet Stoves
- The device offers you a five-year warranty: whenever you need help on how to use it or repair it, the team is always ready to help
- Cleaning the stove is easy as it does not have tubes, hidden chambers, or corrugations.
- The device operates at 77 watts, and this enables it to save more energy
- The device offers you high-efficiency n heating up your room, and you can enjoy more space in your house as it does not consume much space
- The smart controller of this device allows you to enjoy a wide range of settings with this stove.
- You can set the thermostat to the level that you prefer and set the calendar and time to allow the stove switch on depending on your schedule.
- The device heats the room up to 1500 square meters
- The heating capacity of the stove is about 35000BTU
Pros of the Castle Pellet Stoves
- High efficiency: the stove retains all the heat inside, and this enables it to offer high amounts of heat in your house.
- With it, you can be sure to spend less on heating. It is designed to use a few pellets, and with its high reliability and efficiency, you can enjoy vast benefits and save more money
- Programmable controller: this type of stove offers you flexibility as you get to set time and date that you need it to warm your house.
- With these settings, you can be sure to save money as the pellets that it consumes are less.
- If you spend the day away from home, you can set the device to stay off and automatically turn on when it is night time.
- Unbeatable customer services: with this type of device, you can be sure to receive support from the company anytime you raise issues about it.
- Unlike other ventures, the manufacture of this device offers you a contact through which you can contact them and receive details from the experts.
- In stock parts: you can never be worried when using this type of device as you can get the parts readily available in the market without a hassle.
- In case you need to repair the latter, it gets easier for you to reach out to the customer service line so that you can get the correct recommendations of the parts that suit you
- The build quality of the device is exceptional, and it is bound to give you longer service thanks to its durability
Cons of the Castle Pellet Stoves
- The device only heats a smaller area, and this may take a lot of time before you can reach the right warmth requirements that you need in your house
- Loud Fans: the fan tends to run loudly during startup, and it gets worse during shutdown.
- When you set up the device to its maximum setting, the fan runs loudly continuously, and this may be annoying.
- It, however, operates quietly when you set it to the minimum.
Pleasant Hearth Pellet Stove
Description of the Pleasant Hearth Pellet Stove
This pellet stove is a good choice for people that do not have large families.
It offers minimal heating that is recommended for people in single rooms that do not have high heat demands.
It is a simple stove that you can afford, even when budgeting.
There is a wide range of advantages that you can enjoy form this stove. It has a screen that you can look through and monitor the state of the fire inside the stove.
With it, you can be sure to bring more beauty to your house.
Features of the Pleasant Hearth Pellet Stove
- EPA certified: with this certification, you are always sure of safety whenever you are using the stove as you are sure of its efficiency and reliability
- 5-year warranty: that gives you a chance to seek help and get free advice about the device whenever you need clarifications on certain issues.
- Besides, the warranty allows you to get refunds if your device is faulty and if it does not meet your expectations.
- Offers heating of up to 2.2 square feet and this is enough for people that have a smaller space at their homes
- It has a large ceramic glass that allows its users to have an aesthetic view through it and enjoy beautification of their homes
- Troubleshooting the device is easy and quick thanks to its integrated troubleshooting option
- The inbuilt blower of the stove brings forth efficiency as one can rely on it in the heat distribution around the room and this makes the process easy
- It has hopper of 80lb that ensures that you get heat up to 46hours
Pros of the Pleasant Hearth Pellet Stove
- The thermostat is made with high levels of simplicity to enable everyone to use it with ease
- High efficiency: the device brings you desirable levels of heating in your house, and thus you can rely on it to make your winter better
- The power rating of the stove is decent, and you can be sure to enjoy better levels of heats in your house and also have a reduced electricity bill
- Easy to install: assembling the device and getting it to work is not a complicated task. Even without professional help, you can get the device working in simple steps.
- Durable: the design of the device makes it last longer, and with its strong materials, you can be sure to enjoy longer services from it.
Cons of the Pleasant Hearth Pellet Stove
- The build quality of the device is average, and this may not meet the user’s needs
US Stove Company Pellet Stove
Description of the US Stove Company Pellet Stove
This pellet stove is manufactured with the state of the heart technology to give it the power to emit heat that is enough to warm up your home.
It is designed for use in smaller homes, and it proves to be effective in providing heat for people in such homes. It is a great stove with a good design that adds beauty to your house.
Besides, it offers you four settings to program it, and you can enjoy the heat in your house for about 40 hours before you can set it again.
It is a reliable device that you should install in your small home.
Features of the US Stove Company Pellet Stove
- The stove offers you four heating options that you can set through the thermostat and sit back to enjoy the heat in your house during winter
- The thermostat is always ready for programming and using it is never complicated, and it alerts you on any problems arising with your stove
- It has a large window that gives you a better view of the fire burning in your stove, and with that, you can enjoy a beautiful view from any part of your house
- It has LED display that gives you the ready readings in real-time and this allows you to enjoy the diversity of the device
- It has a 30 day warranty for you to enjoy seamless customer services and you can be sure to receive help n the possible problems that you may face with the device
- It offers you heating of up to 2.2 square meters and this is ideal for heating houses with limited spaces
- It has a high capacity of about 43900BTU
Pros of the US Stove Company Pellet Stove
- It has a quite high power rating that enables it to save power and deliver high amounts of heat in your room thanks to its strong build design
- The device offers you multiple options to control it thanks to its digital thermostat that allows you to handle the settings according to your preferences
- The build quality of the stove is decent, and you can be sure to enjoy diversity form what it offers
- The stove brings you efficiency at your home through offering heating in your home at the worst winter moments
- Assembling the stove is not complicated, and you can get it working through following simple set up steps
Cons of the US Stove Company Pellet Stove
- The device is loud, and it may emit unbearable noise in your house
- The stove only offers you 30-day warranty, and this may not be enough to give you value for your money as it may breakdown before you get to enjoy seamless heat experiences
- You should only use a few pellets with the stove as it cannot accommodate a large number and thus you have to keep filling it
Nextstep Freestanding Fireplace
Description of the Nextstep Freestanding Fireplace
The freestanding stove pellet heater is ideal for use in smaller homes.
It is ideal for people that have children and elderly as it has an automatic setting mechanism that allows it to switch on and off automatically.
It is bound to offer you continuous heat for about 7 to 10 hours. It has high reliability and efficiency.
With this stove, you can be sure to beat the cold times during winter at your home. It effectively offers you the desired heat amounts that you need for your small home.
It has a small size that makes it highly portable. Besides, you can program it according to your preferences.
Features of the Nextstep Freestanding Fireplace
- Big hopper: the huge hopper offers you vast advantages as you can add more pellets and wait for the stove to generate heat hat fills up in your room, giving you better experiences during the winter season.
- With the hopper, you can be sure of better heat circulation in the entire house
- LCD Screen: the screen of the device offers displays in a clear manner for you to control the temperatures depending on the amount of warmth that you need in your house.
- Multidirectional flow of heat: this feature is exceptional as it enables the airflow to direct heat to all parts in your room.
- You can be sure to enjoy seamless warm environments in your house that are facilitated by the vents in each side of the stove
- The handle of the stove is hidden at the back to give the stove a better view in your house
- Mirrored gals that give you a better display in the house that you can enjoy an aesthetic look. You can watch the fire burning and enjoy the view from your seat
Pros of the Nextstep Freestanding Fireplace
- Aesthetic design to and more life to your home: the mirror of the device makes it good looking, and you can always enjoy a better view and more beauty in your house
- It gives you value for your money thanks to its sleek design and high-quality feel
- The durability of the device makes it an excellent option to use in your home, and it can offer you seamless encounters at your home
- It has high reliability, and you can enjoy many things and features with it
- The stove is highly affordable, and you can be sure to save more
Cons of the Nextstep Freestanding Fireplace
- The stove is loud, and the noise that it emits may not be appealing for people that have children or the elderly in their house
Vogelzang VG5790 Pellet Stove
Description of the Vogelzang VG5790 Pellet Stove
If you have a big home that requires high heat amounts, this is the right pellet stove for you. It is bound to provide heating needs up to 2800square feet.
It has a furnace that is not very functional but can add more advantages you as you enjoy extra heat.
The device is ideal for people that need more heat during winter, and it is reliable to help you kick out the cold season out of your life.
With its vast features, you can be sure to enjoy the value of your money and gain more benefits from the effectiveness of this stove.
It is easy to operate, and you can always adjust its thermostat to the heat levels that you prefer.
Features of the Vogelzang VG5790 Pellet Stove
- The stove weighs 287 pounds, and thus you can carry and set it easily in the reserved area
- It has one blower of 200CM, and this facilitates the flow of heat in your room evenly
- The device can run for up to 80 hours and thus you do not have to keep setting its thermostat as it automatically gives the heat that you select in your settings
- The stove stands freely, and thus you do not incur extra costs purchasing reinforcers to hold it
- It ignites automatically depending on the dates and time you select on the thermostat, and when it reaches the desired heat records, it automatically turns off
- It has a warranty of up to 5 years, and this allows you to receive help and guidance on any issues that you may face with the device
Pros of the Vogelzang VG5790 Pellet Stove
- The stove is easy to clean as it lacks hidden chambers and pipes
- It has an air combustion mechanism form outside which helps in the generation and circulation of heat evenly in the room
- It is among the quitter stoves compared to competitors
- It has a large size that makes it a reliable type of stove to use
- It has a remote control mechanism that enables you to regulate room temperatures in the room
- With its large size, you do not need to reload frequently
Cons of the Vogelzang VG5790 Pellet Stove
- When you set the fan to the highest, it makes a loud noise
- The viewing glass gets dirty quickly, and thus you have to keep cleaning it many times
- It lacks filters that are essential in preventing debris from blocking the fan
- The side panels of the stove may open abruptly when you set the temperatures to the highest
Pelpro Pellet Stove
Description of the Pelpro Pellet Stove
This is an efficient stove that you can rely on to warm your house during winter.
It is a durable device that offers you a longer service, and you always are sure to enjoy vast features that it brings to you.
It is affordable and has fewer emissions.
Features of the Pelpro Pellet Stove
- The stove is automatic and freestanding
- You get to load the pellets from the top, and this makes it convenient
- The hopper holds 120 pellets of pellets
- Has rear venting that enables entry of air and thus facilitating the circulation of heat in the room form the stove
- You can control the stove in 12 settings in just one dial
- The stove burns up to 80 hours as long as you set it accordingly
Pros of the Pelpro Pellet Stove
- It has an aesthetic view and black finish
- It is highly affordable, and this saves you money
- It is easy to operate
- It is highly adjustable, and you can choose the range of temperatures that you prefer
- Maintaining the device is easy, and the spare parts are readily available
Cons of the Pelpro Pellet Stove
- The warranty of the stove is short, and thus it is not comprehensive compared to that of some competitors
- The extension of the optional hopper is too long to use
QuadraFire Castile Pellet Stove Insert
Description of the QuadraFire Castile Pellet Stove Insert
The stove pellets are among the most durable and highly dependable. They have an aesthetic look to decorate your house.
They offer a better chance for you to regulate the heat depending on your preferences. They are a good option to use in your home.
Features of the QuadraFire Castile Pellet Stove Insert
- The hoper has 45 lbs and thus easily portable
- EPA certified
- It has three heat settings
- The long aluminum heat exchange tubes facilitate proper heat warming
- Has remote controls to set the temperatures
Pros of the QuadraFire Castile Pellet Stove Insert
- Efficient: the stove is highly efficient, and it delivers the required heat in your house
- Easy to use
Cons of the QuadraFire Castile Pellet Stove Insert
- Has shorter warranty
Regency Greenfire GF40 Pellet Stove
Description of the Regency Greenfire GF40 Pellet Stove
The stove heats your large room efficiently. It has a large ash pan to keep your house clean. It is easy to clean, and you can program the thermostat.
It is highly reliable, and you can be sure to use it any time that you experience old in your house.
Features of the Regency Greenfire GF40 Pellet Stove
- Ashpan to collect ash and debris
- The hearth pad is slim and highly usable
- Has and extra hopper handle
- Burns wood pellet fuel
Pros of the Regency Greenfire GF40 Pellet Stove
- Easy to clean
- Maintaining the device is easy, and repair parts are readily available
- High efficiency
Cons of the Regency Greenfire GF40 Pellet Stove
- Short warranty
- At times it gets loud
Harman Absolute63 Pellet Stoves
Description of the Harman Absolute63 Pellet Stoves
This is a well-designed stove that gives you the heating requirements that you need. It is of high performance, and it is an efficient device to use at home during winter.
It is also easy to use and clean.
Features of the Harman Absolute63 Pellet Stove
- Hopper is 72 lb, and you can load pellets easily
- Has whisper mode hence less noise
- Inbuilt thermostat that is programmable
- Touch controls that are easy to use
Pros of the Harman Absolute63 Pellet Stove
- Easy to clean
- Highly efficient
- Less noise
Cons of the Harman Absolute63 Pellet Stove
- Not affordable
- Short warranty