tawkboard.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site at no extra cost to you. Here is our Affiliate disclosure page
The 10 Best Compost Bags to Use at Home
We all generate waste at homes, especially in the kitchen.
If we fail to dispose of such waste in the right way, it may pollute the environment and cause more harm than we expect.
Dirty kitchens are usually slim, stinky, and gross if not cleaned.
Compost bags are the best option to help you in disposing of the waste in your kitchen.
The bags provide a steady solution to waste problems, and they have a special make that enables them to offer you the seamless experience you want in your kitchen.
Gardeners are believed to know a lot about such bags due to the importance they play in their garden plants.
By composting kitchen wastes, gardeners get to enrich their soils and make it acquire more nutrients to sustain their plants.
Apart from this, the bags usually degrade in less than two weeks, and they streamline the process of organic waste recycling.
If you are stuck on the compost bags that you can use to tidy up your kitchen, you do not need to worry as in this guide; we review the best compost bags that you can use at home.
Importance of Compost Bags
They make recycling easy
Compost bags helps in creating a clean environment by enabling you to recycle them. You should put such bags in your compost heap as they tend to make good compost.
With this type of bag, you do not need to keep checking the conditions of the compost as they reach lower temperatures quickly compared to other bags that cannot be recycled.
Mobilizes soil PH
If you add compost bags in the soil, they start to decompose quickly, and through the decomposition process, they release nutrients to the soil.
The soil absorbs the nutrients, and this enables it to have a fine feel and better aeration.
In such moments, the soil gets to have a balance of the nutrients that it contains, and this enables the balance of its ph as the most harmful components in it have no more power.
Increases soil microorganisms in the soil
The process of decomposition involves the release of nutrients in the soil through rotting materials.
The materials serve as food for the microbes that live in the soil.
Whenever the microbes are sustained, they get to be active and benefit the soil by unbinding in together and giving it space to breathe.
The microbes release special nutrients to the soil that enhance its quality.
Helps the soil to restore its wetness and controls erosion
Whenever you put the compost bags in your soil, they help in binding the soil together, and through the nutrients that they release to it, the soil gets to retain its wetness, and it is no longer loose.
The aspect is ital. in helping the soil not to be swept by the wind, thus conserving the environment and protecting people from disasters.
Types of Compost Bags to Use at Home
Hefty Recycling Bags
Description of the Hefty Recycling Bags
If you are passionate about conserving the environment by following each safety precaution, this bag is the right choice that you can make.
It is friendly to the environment, and it enables you to avoid littering waste allover at your home.
You can use this type of bag, both indoors and outdoors. Its transparent nature makes you know when it is the right time to deposit it in your garden.
The affordability of the bag also gives you no reason not to purchase it.
Features of the Hefty Recycling Bags
The bags are available for both 13 gallons and 33 gallons for the X size, and thus you can select one that fits the amount of trash that you have at your home daily.
100% satisfaction guarantee: this type of bags are the right choice because they assure you of satisfaction and exact function that they are meant to handle
Has odor control: this is the only type of bag that has odor control, and despite the type of trash that you empty to your item, it can never emit odor in your house.
Has a drawstring closure that is patented: this feature allows the bag to keep all the trash securely inside the bin and prevent them from littering around.
Besides, closure makes it easy to lift and dispose of in the right place.
It has a hammer neutralizer that keeps off even the strongest odor form your bin, and this makes it environmentally friendly as you cannot experience any form of air pollution at your home
Pros of the Hefty Recycling Bags
Clear: the transparent entire of these bags makes it easy for you to see through them and know when it is the right time to empty or dispose of them.
Besides, the clear nature of the bags enables you to sort out your trash according to without having to make the whole compound dirty.
Strong: the bags are made of sturdy material that prevents them from tearing off easily, even if you fill them up with waste.
Besides, they have strong handles that allow you to hold and carry the around to the garden without tearing off.
Convenient to use: the patented drawstring of the bag makes you have many ways of holding them and lifting them without having to drag them around
Reliable: the bags are easy to use, and you do not need to have any experience when using them. They help in holding your trash without odor, and they last long.
You can recycle the bags, and this increases their reliability and friendliness to the environment
Affordable: the price of the bags is reasonable, and you can always purchase them whenever you need to dispose of your trash form the kitchen.
Cons of the Hefty Recycling Bags
- The bags are thin, and you cannot fill them with too much weight as they tend to tear off
- You cannot use these bags at your curb, and this makes it an unreliable option for you
BioBag Compostable Bags
Description of the BioBag Compostable Bags
The bags are some of the oldest in the market. The company has been enhancing the bags to suit your home needs over time.
The bags are usually made by putting together starch and vegetables piled together so that the trash can gather in the middle for a better chance for the decomposition process to take place quickly.
They have a sturdy material, and they are designed with the best technological protocols to meet all the needs of their users.
You can sue the bags either at home or for industrial uses as they tend to compose quickly and sustain your plants in the garden.
Features of the BioBag Compostable Bags
The package usually contains 100 bags that you can recycle in your garden, and this helps you to save costs as you have more to sustain your needs after purchase.
Each of the bags can hold up to 3 gallons
Durable: during the manufacture of the bags, several stars sealed bags are piled together at the bottom to make the bags sturdy; hence they get to meet your needs.
Has high biobased content: the bags are made from a material that entails a combination of vegetables and starch and polymers, which are all essential in the process of decomposition.
By using these bags, you get the best compost as the materials are eco-friendly, and they have a high rate of entirely dissolving in your soil to give it nutrients.
Fits well in most bins: his bags have a shape that allows them to fit evenly in your bin. The feature prevents them from causing any form of spillages in your kitchen, and they get to hold trash firmly
Excellent for home and backyards: this type of bags are disposable in your garden, and they are approved to be recycled after use in the kitchen
Pros of the BioBag Compostable Bags
The bags fit well in most compost bins, and this enhances their reliability as they help in preventing trash from littering in your kitchen and home
Recyclable: These bags give you many options in recycling them.
They are the most effective when it comes to making compost as they are made of a material that rots quickly to release the nutrients that are essential to your soil
Affordable: you do not need to spend extra on these bags as they always come in different sizes and shapes depending on what you want thus saving you money
The bags meet all the safety standards for you to use them at home, and the company has certified them both in the USA and Europe.
Cons of the BioBag Compostable Bags
Leaks: the bags start the bio grading process in your bin, and they may cause odor and make trouble whenever you want to carry them to the compost
Not durable: due to the fact that the bags are made through piling organic matters together, and this makes them not last long in your bin.
Besides, such material is never sturdy; thus, it breaks down quickly, especially if placed in a moist condition.
The bags cannot hold heavyweight, and you should be sure to empty them frequently
Bag-To-Nature Compostable Liners
Description of the Bag-To-Nature Compostable Liners
If you are looking for a sturdy bag to hold the waste from our home, this is a good option for you.
The bags are made of heavy material that enhances their sturdy nature.
Unlike other compost bags, the bags hold a lot of kitchens and home waste.
When you place them in your bin, you need to remove them and tie them around the corners when you are done emptying the kitchen waste to them.
They are mostly used in community waste collection, but you can also use them at your home to take care of the waste disposal needs.
Features of the Bag-To-Nature Compostable Liners
- The bin fits perfectly in most pit bins, and this makes it easy for you to dispose of your waste without spillages
- The bag is 100% compostable hence perfect for your compost needs
- They are large to help in holding a lot of waste so that you do not keep purchasing new ones.
Pros of the Bag-To-Nature Compostable Liners
Strong: the bag is made of materials that enhance its stability even when you load it with too much waste.
This factor allows you to carry it without worries about tearing it apart
Leak-free: most bags tend to leak due to low-quality make of their materials.
With this bag, you should not expect to worry about leakages as it gets the work done even in harsh condition and as a result, you do not spend a lot of time doing the cleaning
The bags help you in conserving the environment as they do not leave any toxins on your garden soil even after completing the composting process.
Durable: the strong materials used in manufacturing these bags make it last long
The bags decompose quickly, and they act quick in giving you the perfect temperatures and nutrients in your compost
Cons of the Bag-To-Nature Compostable Liners
- At times, the bag takes longer to decompose hence you can still trace it in your compost
- The product seems to tear apart if exposed to high amounts of moisture and water. When lifting them, you should also be careful not to tear them apart
Oggi Eco-Liner Compost Pail Liners
Description of the Oggi Eco-Liner Compost Pail Liners
If you have a lot of cornstarch waste, the bag gives it the right service. The bag is thin, and it is incomparable to other types of bags that may be sturdy than it.
You have a vast number of limitations when using this type of bag due to its quick, moist, and water absorption.
With the bag, you should be sure not to use a worm bin as they end up tearing it apart and consuming it so quickly, and thus you are left with a big mess that makes it difficult for you to clean the entire room and bin.
Features of the Oggi Eco-Liner Compost Pail Liners
- The box contains about 40-6liter
- Thin to help them fit well on the bins for better garbage collection and holding the materials together
- The design of the bags enables them to maintain high levels of cleanliness in your kitchen by reducing odor that can be put off for you whenever you need to use your kitchen.
- Usable for food scraps from the kitchen and other light materials from the kitchen
Pros of the Oggi Eco-Liner Compost Pail Liners
- The bags help you to maintain a lot of cleanliness in the compost for a long time as you get to use them as liners in the compost top of your normal compost bags in case you are not emptying food scrubs
- The liners hold up perfectly, and they do not swell with moist r water even when exposed to such conditions due to their thin nature
- The liners break down very well, and they do not seem to leave trails in the compost; thus, you can rely on them when you want to make the best compost for your plants.
- The bag is easy to empty and helps you in completing your cleaning endeavors quickly.
- They are not difficult to hold and dispose of compared to some compost bags that are made up of heavy materials that make it difficult to carry them around.
Cons of the Oggi Eco-Liner Compost Pail Liners
- The bags tend to reap off quickly, and thus they may not give you a reliable service
- The bags leak easily, and due to their thin nature, they tend to hold water quickly
- The bags start to decompose in the bin, and this may not be a good gesture for you whenever you need to clean the house as it gets cumbersome
Second Nature Bags
Description of the Second Nature Bags
These types of bags give you value for your money due to their sturdy nature. They are constructed with strong plant fibers that make them last longer.
Sugarcane fiber is the main material of this type o bags
The bags also help you to meet your plant decomposition needs, and they continue to give you an eco-friendly experience at your home.
The rate at which the bags decompose is determined by the rate of heat in your compost.
The more the heat, the quicker the plants decompose, and this allows them to continue giving you a seamless environmental conservation experience.
Features of the Second Nature Bags
- The bags are made of plant fiber materials that enable you to conserve the environment, and thus they are friendly to use by the pole that is passionate about taking care of the environment
- The bags are certified for use in many countries, including the USA, Europe, Australia, and many other countries, as they guarantee you a seamless encounter at making compost. They are usable at home and in our backyard.
- You can use the bags for your organic food wastes, baby diapers, coffee wastes, and bedroom wastes. It is sturdy and ensures the maximum absorption of all the wastes from your house
- The bags come in different sizes to fit in different sizes of bins they handle most of your compost requirements
- The bags are dependable as they are made of heavy-duty materials that allow them to hold the weight of the wastes that you have formed your house
Pros of the Second Nature Bags
- The item is bio-based, and it does not have any artificial color or scents, which tend to be hectic to people that are sensitive to scents.
- The bag is made of heavy-duty materials that prevent it from leaking, and thus it serves you longer. The heavy-duty materials support the weight of the heavy wastes.
- Leak-free: the materials used in constructing the bags are strong and waterproof thus they prevent it from leaking, and this makes your cleaning experience the best
- The bags are extra-large to help you in holding the water materials that you generate from your house.
Cons of the Second Nature Bags
- The bags take a long time to compose due to the heavy-duty materials used in making them
- The bags are costly, and you should be sure to check on the type of bags that you prefer to use before you decide on the amount that you are willing to spend on them.
Unni Compostable Bags
Description of the Unni Compostable Bags
This item is good for gardeners, and it enables them to have a seamless experience in their waste disposal endeavors.
The bags are sturdy, and they hold heavy weight materials.
Besides, the bags tend to last long, and they have a price that is pocket friendly.
With this type of compost bags, you can continue to make your experience better by maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness.
Features of the Unni Compostable Bags
- The bags contain the highest amount of biobased material. The feature enables them to continue giving you a better experience, and they tend to conserve the environment better than most bags that do not meet his protocols
- The bags are ethical selective that anyone passionate about conserving the environment can choose to use for their daily cleaning purposes.
- It does not release any toxins to the environment, and it is the best choice of compost bag that you can have.
- The bags have a long life, and they can be used in one year. Before purchasing them, you should first enquire about the number of bags that you are likely to use in 9 months.
- Storing the bag is not challenging, and as long as you store them in places that are not moist or with water, they can serve you for at least one year.
Pros of the Unni Compostable Bags
- The bags are durable, and they are made of materials that get to hold the waste together to avoid spillage
- The bags are affordable, and even when you are on a tight budget, you can always get one for yourself to contribute to the conservation of the environment.
- Sturdy: the bags tend to have a strong material that prevents them from leaking even when they come in contact with water.
- The feature enables them to serve you longer and prevent the issue of purchasing more bags frequently.
- The bags tend to decompose quickly, and this is an added advantage to you as you can sustain your plants with all the types of nutrients they need
- The bags are easy to use, and they do not require you to follow any specific protocol when using them.
Cons of the Unni Compostable Bags
- The bag is short, and it may fail to fit in some bins, especially the large bins. If you fail to check on it, it may keep falling off hence causing spillage of wastes in your house
- It is impossible to tie the bag because it lacks belts or ties that can help you n keeping the materials intact in the bin. This may also lead to spills and leakages.
NorPro 100% Compostable Bags
Description of the NorPro 100% Compostable Bags
These types of bags are essential for use in industrial areas.
They are not usable in your home due to their lightweight, and they may tend to leak a lot of your use them at home.
The bags are affordable, and they serve the ideal purpose of compost bags. They come with various features that make them a better choice for your compost care programs.
Features of the NorPro 100% Compostable Bags
- The bags are a perfect choice to use in maintaining high cleanliness levels at your compost pile.
- They are also a good idea to use anytime you walk with your pet
- The bags meet all the compost protocols, and this makes them eco friendly
- They are ideal to use in disposing of eggshells, compost piles like food scrubs, and coffee waste.
- They can hold lightweight wastes efficiently to create room for the decomposition process that is vital in making compost.
- The bags are perforated to create a better encounter in the dispensing process
Pros of the NorPro 100% Compostable Bags
- These bins are the perfect size for countertop compost bins.
- Attractive: the bags come in a good design that makes them admirable at a glance
- Cheap: the bags are priced reasonably, and this makes one not invest too much on them as they can always purchase them even when they are on a budget
- The ability of the bags to decompose quickly makes them a good choice for you to use them in making your compost for maximum nutrient provision on your plants.
- The bags help in conserving the environment by preventing pollution that emerges from plastics that are harmful to the environment as by burning them;
- They emit harmful gases that are dangerous to the ozone layer.
Cons of the NorPro 100% Compostable Bags
- The bags are overly thin, and this makes hem tear easily; thus, you cannot hold much waste with them as they may end up putting you into losses.
- If the bags come into contact with water, they end up leaking quickly, and they cause a lot of spillage on the floor; hence you have to keep cleaning them each time.
- The company that manufactured this product offers false advertising of the bags, and many people have already proven that they are not compostable.
- As a result, they are suitable for use in industrial environments where they can be easily recycled before they cause harm to the environment.
13-Gallon Compostable Tall Kitchen Bags
Description of the 13-Gallon Compostable Tall Kitchen Bags
This type of bag is ideal for use in city compost disposal programs. They have a large size, and they are meant to handle large amounts of waste.
Their sturdy aspect makes them highly durable and effective in holding waste.
Features of the 13-Gallon Compostable Tall Kitchen Bags
- Only usable before 6-9 months after purchasing
- They are strong, and they can never leak or tear apart, and this makes them offer you a longer service. They are certified as biodegradable and compostable bags
- They can be used in the collection of kitchen food scraps and other wastes
Pros of the 13-Gallon Compostable Tall Kitchen Bags
- Easy to use
- Conserve the environment due to their biodegradable and compostable nature
Cons of the 13-Gallon Compostable Tall Kitchen Bags
- They lack strings close them, and thus you have to keep using it while open
Primode 100% Compostable Trash Bags
Description of the 2.6-Gallon 100% Compostable Bags
This type of bag is ideal for use in the kitchen. You can put the kitchen scraps inside and dispose of them to your compost later.
They are small in size, and thus they fill up quickly depending on the amounts of waste that you produce in the kitchen.
Features of the Primode 100% Compostable Trash Bags
- The bags have a capacity of 2.6 gallons
- They are easy to use, and you can efficiently fit them in your kitchen bin and drop all kitchen scrubs inside
- They are fully compostable, and they tend to add up to your compost in just a short time
Pros of the Primode 100% Compostable Trash Bags
- They have a good scent that maintains freshness in your kitchen
- The bags are lightweight, and even when you load them with materials you can easily carry them to your compost
- They are easy to use, and they have ties to help you seal them and prevent them from spilling the trash
Cons of the Primode 100% Compostable Trash Bags
- They leak especially when you expose them to moisture and water
- Their thin nature makes them tear quickly.
Biobag Resealable Compostable Food Storage Bags, Quart, 20 Count
Description of the Biobag Resealable Compostable Food Storage Bags, Quart, 20 Count
These types of bags are the best in storing all types of food in your kitchen. You can reuse them after completing the storage process.
They are clean and sturdy.
Features of the Biobag Resealable Compostable Food Storage Bags, Quart, 20 Count
- They prevent the entry of moisture to your food and also oxygen
- Stores all types of foods
- The bags are reliable
Pros of the Biobag Resealable Compostable Food Storage Bags, Quart, 20 Count
- The bags are easy to use, and you only need to put the food and seal them
- The bags are sturdy, and this gives them a longer service
- The bags are leak-proof, and they do not leak due to their seal that protects them.
Cons of the Biobag Resealable Compostable Food Storage Bags, Quart, 20 Count
- Some of the bags are opaque, and this makes you not observe the condition of your foods