tawkboard.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site at no extra cost to you. Here is our Affiliate disclosure page
The 10 Best Chimineas to Use in Your Backyard
We all need a little life in our gardens, and planting beautiful flowers is never enough.
Chimineas are another way to bring the aesthetic look in your garden. They are a great choice of accessories to decorate your garden.
They also warm the days when the weather is not appealing.
They come in different prices and sizes. Some are free-standing chimneys, and they all vary in style.
Some chimineas are made of iron, while others are made of clay.
Your preference determines the type of chimineas that you are likely to purchase.
Here is a guide of the things you should consider when selecting best chimineas and the various types of chimineas in the market.
Factors to Look Out When Buying Chimineas
Chimneas come in different sizes, and it is up to you to choose the best chimineas type that you prefer.
The purpose of the chimnea determines its size.
You may want to purchase a chimnea with a large size if you want to use it to make full dinner in your garden.
If you have limited space left in your garden, you may have to purchase a small-sized Chimineas to decorate it.
Some chimneas are circular, while others are rectangular.
There is a wide variety that you can choose in the market, but the shape that you may have to choose is usually influenced by the space that you have in your garden.
The items range from long sized ones to those with a wide base.
You should ensure that your choice is designed with the expertise to meet all your needs.
The exterior of the chimneas should have a fine finish with paint that is not toxic
The materials used in making the devices vary from traditional to modern ones.
Traditional items are majorly made of terracotta and clay, which are excellent heat retainers.
Modern ones feature aluminum, iron, and steel, which tend to last longer and are highly durable.
You should be careful of materials made of metal as they are usually coated with paint, which is most times toxic to the environment and humans.
Size of the fire cage
The size of the fire cage matters the most when you are purchasing a chimnea.
You should buy best chimineas with a large fire cage so that you can add large quantities of firewood to avoid wasting a lot of ties adding more firewood in the case where the fire cage is small.
With this, you can enjoy a good moment with your guests and extended moments of warmth.
Metallic chimneas are the easiest to maintain, but since they can easily corrode when exposed to bad weather and rain, you should always ensure that you cover them with a water-resistant item.
If you plan to move your Chimineas around your garden, you may want to purchase one that is lightweight and easy to carry around.
The best chimineas reviewed in this article and lightweight, and you can easily carry them around on your own.
The material of the best chimineas that you choose to purchase reflects the time that it is likely to serve you.
Besides, you should be sure of the quality of the materials and the paint used in the metallic ones as it determines whether you can easily maintain your chimnea or not.
Be sure to cover your chimnea each time that you are not using it as they allow it to last long and give you an extended service.
Types of Chimneas to Use in your Backyard
The Blue Rooster Cast Iron Casita Chiminea
Description of the Blue Rooster Cast Iron Casita Chiminea
This device is made of cast iron, and it is one of the most durable chimneas that you can find in the market.
It is also a multipurpose item that can allow you to handle vast activities while still enjoying a warm environment.
With this item, you can make a barbecue thanks to the grill that is hidden below its fireplace.
Besides, you can also make meals with its oven and enjoy its fancy look around your garden.
Features of the Blue Rooster Cast Iron Casita Chiminea
Lifetime warranty: with this type of chimnea, you can be sure to enjoy exceptional customer services for a lifetime.
Besides, you can always return it if it fails to meet your needs
- It features cast iron made of heavy-duty materials to offer you a longer service. The cast iron has a charcoal place
- Cast iron grates that enable you to bake your food in the case when you have a barbecue
- Lid: the rain lid is removal, and it protects the chimnea from damage due to rain and adverse weather conditions
- Weighs 230 pounds and this allows you to move it around without having to ask for help
- Sun panel: the sun panel allows you to cook efficiently without burning your food.
Before pacing your food on fire, you should be sure to pull the pan iron downwards
Pros of the Blue Rooster Cast Iron Casita Chiminea
- Easy to clean: the metallic material used in making this device makes it easy to clean, and you can choose to wipe it with a wet cloth
- Heavy construction: the chimnea is made of heavy cast iron material that makes it last long and give you a longer service
- Minimal smoke: with this device, you do not need to worry about too much smoke as the chimnea is designed to minimize the emission of smoke while you are enjoying a warm environment
- Easy to use: lighting the chimne is simple, and you need to use dry kindling for it to be quick
Cons of the Blue Rooster Cast Iron Casita Chiminea
- The firebox is small, and this makes it impossible to load too much firewood, and you may have to keep adding more with time
- It makes the pizza door too hot due to its metallic make
- It is difficult to make pizza with this device, and one requires special techniques when making them
BALI OUTDOORS Black Chiminea
Description of the BALI OUTDOORS Black Chiminea
This device is made of cast iron, and its durability makes it a good option for anyone that is on a tight budget. It helps everyone save costs.
The device is also exceptional with the unique door that slides open to help you clean it easily by getting the ash out. It is a reliable best chimineas to use in your garden.
Besides, the device is exceptional in reducing smoke thanks to its long cover that allows smoke to escape for efficiency.
Features of the BALI OUTDOORS Black Chiminea
- Cast iron legs: the feature allows you to secure the chimnea in place. It can last you for a long time, and with its sturdy nature you can be sure to use it around your garden
- The device is easy to assemble, and you can get it working in less than one hour
- The materials used in manufacturing the device make it easy for you to clean it
- Less smoke: with this device, you do not need to worry about running the moment for your guests with smoke as it is designed to channel the smoke upwards and it makes everything easy
- Sliding door: the device makes it easy for you to collect the ash and empty it quickly.
Besides, the door enables you to add more firewood and enjoy the warmth from the device
- This type of chimnea allows you to use any type of firewood and you can as well use artificial firewood to light it up, and this makes it a convenient best chimineas to use in your garden for any purpose that you like
- It has a round wire mesh, which gives room for better visibility and you can enjoy a better view of the fire from all directions, and this keeps your guests entertained from the serene environment
- The heavy-duty iron construction of the device makes it one of the best choice of chimneas that you can have at your home
Pros of the BALI OUTDOORS Black Chiminea
- Sturdy: the device has legs made of cast iron that makes it strong. The legs can support the chimnea and enable you to carry out your activities with ease
- You can have a view of the fire at 360 degrees thanks to the wire mesh at the center of the device, and this creates a beautiful view
- The fire cage is huge, and this allows you to add more wood without limitation, and thus you enjoy more free time with your guest as you do not have to keep adding the wood like in the case of a small fire cage
Cons of the BALI OUTDOORS Black Chiminea
- The device does not include a rain cover, and this may see you incur extra costs while purchasing it.
- Besides, it exposes your item to harsh weather conditions, and this may make it vulnerable and thus reduce its life
- The device seems to rust quickly when exposed to rain due to the metallic material used in manufacturing it
- Assembling the item is hectic, and it requires one to have some skills about it
Deckmate Sonora Outdoor Chimenea
Description of the Deckmate Sonora Outdoor Chimenea
This is the best chimineas you can purchase form the Sonora company. It comes at a slightly higher price compared to the other items of its type.
It has high functionality, and it has aesthetic looks to light up your compound
The device has high-quality paint that is resistant to high temperatures, and this enables it to last longer, even on exposure to heat.
It has decorations that make it one of the best ones that you can place in your garden to add that aesthetic look.
Features of the Deckmate Sonora Outdoor Chimenea
- Allows you to burn wood and artificial logs
- Decorative exterior with cast iron which makes it the best chimineas option to make your compound look appealing
- Has a log grate and fireplace with a large surface to allow you to ad firewood for a better experience
Pros of the Deckmate Sonora Outdoor Chimenea
- The ash catcher of the device enables it open easily for you to clean it up with ease
- You can view the fire at 360 degrees and enjoy the beautiful sparkles
- The door opens easily to log firewood
- Sturdy to give you longer service
- Easy to assemble and comes along with a user manual that guides you on the correct ways to fix it
Cons of the Deckmate Sonora Outdoor Chimenea
- The device is heavy due to the heavy-duty materials used in manufacturing it
- If you fail to cover the chimnea it may rust
- Metal grate wears out quickly
- The chimney fails to channel smoke to the right directions, and your backyard may be filled with the smoke
Blue Rooster Dragonfly CAST Aluminum
Description of the Blue Rooster Dragonfly CAST Aluminum
This chimnea is unique, and it is more reliable than the items made of iron.
The aluminum material of the item makes it one of the easiest ones to carry around.
Besides, this device is easy to clean, and assembling it is not complicated. Its lightweight nature makes it easy for you to carry it around your house.
Features of the Blue Rooster Dragonfly CAST Aluminum
- Decorative rain lid: the rain cover is removable and helps to protect your item whenever it rains
- It has handles that enable you to carry it around with ease
- Made of solid aluminum that protects it from rusting and this prolongs its life
- It has a long neck that is removable for you to load the wood
- The mouth screen is made of stainless steel, and this enables it to last longer
- Has a bottom grate that allows you to easily load firewood and get rid of the ash with ease
- Has grilling insert that only uses wood and with it, you can grill meat
Pros of the Blue Rooster Dragonfly CAST Aluminum
- Entails a rain lid that protects it whenever there is bad weather
- The device is lightweight thanks to its aluminum material
- The chimnea is easy to transport, and one does not need to call for help whenever they need to lift it
- Rust-resistant due to aluminum that makes it and this prolongs its life
Cons of the Blue Rooster Dragonfly CAST Aluminum
- The chimnea may have toxic paint, and this makes it challenging to have it in your backyard
- The firebox is to small, and you cannot lace huge logs inside; hence you may need to stay occupied as you must constantly refill the firepot
- The latch is loosely attached to the device, and it may pose a risk to those sitting near it.
- Besides, it may allow smoke to pass through and interfere with your guests
Deckmate Corona Outdoor Chimenea
Description of the Deckmate Corona Outdoor Chimenea
This chimnea is flexible with a fine touch of wire mesh that allows you to view the fire from all directions.
It is one of the best chimineas, and it will enable you to put logs and wood depending on the amount of heat you need.
It has an aesthetic design that enables it to beautify your backyard. It has a bulb shape that gives it an aesthetic look.
Besides, its door slides open to allow you to empty ash and aso load wood. It has a funnel with a special design to allow smoke to escape in an upwards direction.
Features of the Deckmate Corona Outdoor Chimenea
- Has a designer fireplace that is made up of cast iron to give it a sturdy look
- The item has a wire mesh that enables you to view the fire from all directions
- Its bulb shape enables you to have a better clear view at 360 degrees, and you can be sure to load logs and wood
- Rain cap prevents the device form flooding, and this gives it a longer life
- The sliding door is a better option for you to efficiently add wood and other materials that enable it to burn
- It weighs 35 pounds, and this makes it easy to carry around without needing help
Pros of the Deckmate Corona Outdoor Chimenea
- Lightweight: the item has a lightweight that makes it convenient to carry around and position it in the place that you desire for a better vie
- Durable: the device is made of cast iron that gives it the sturdy feel. It can serve you for a long time if you maintain it as required
- The rain cover makes the device unique as it cannot rust or flood as a result of water that accumulates at the fireplace
- The round shape of the funnel enables it to channel smoke upwards, and this protects your eyes from smoke which may irritate them
- It has efficient airflow to keep your fire burning thanks to its wire mesh
Cons of the Deckmate Corona Outdoor Chimenea
- The item is tiny than one would expect and this denies you an opportunity to load enough wood, and thus you might have to keep loading logs after some time
- Due to its small size, it cannot accommodate long logs and thus you should be careful when buying the logs
- Even with its small size, the chimnea is heavy, and at times, it may be difficult to carry it around
- The device is prone to rust, and this may shorten its life
Red Ember Alto
Description of the Red Ember Alto
If you are looking for a modern chimnea with a fine finish, this is the best chimineas that you can get.
Has a rare design that beautifies your backyard. It is one of the easiest devices to assemble, and its lightweight makes things easier for you.
With this best chimineas, you can be sure to enjoy a smoke-free environment. With its exquisite look, you can be sure t only use it in small spaces.
Features of the Red Ember Alto
- Sturdy steel: the robust steel used in the making of this item gives it a fine feel and long life
- It is a chimnea with a modern look, and thus you can easily blend it with your home décor
- It has a deep black finish that enables it to bring an aesthetic look at your home
- It includes a cover that protects it from rain and harsh weather that may interfere with its quality
- Ideal for small spaces thanks to its small size and this saves you space at your backyard
Pros of the Red Ember Alto
- Easy to assemble: assembling this item is easy, and you can get the work done in 10 minutes to get your fire burning
- Highly efficient: the device is easy to use, and it serves you for a long time. Besides, it is the best chimineas in protecting your guests from smoke
- Affordable: even with the high efficiency of this device, you can be sure to beautify your backyard with the item at a good price
- Easy to clean: the device is never complicated to disassemble whenever you need to clean it with its cast-iron feel, you can be sure to clean it with high efficiency
- It has a modern design that allows you to make your home beautiful
Cons of the Red Ember Alto
- The chimnea is extremely small, and thus it may not warm up your backyard, and you may have to use it for other purposes rather than warming up your environment
- The device is prone to rust, and it may wear out quickly thus you do not get value for our money
- The legs of the item are not sturdy, and this may make the process challenging because you do not get enough support of the logs that you load in the fireplace.
Kotulas Outdoor Cooking Steel Chiminea
Description of the Kotulas Outdoor Cooking Steel Chiminea
This chimea is made with a state of the art technology to bring you efficiency in creating warmth at your backyard.
It is a reliable device that you can use for all your needs in your backyard. It has a fine finish that gives it a good look.
Besides, the grate of the item is adjustable, and you can efficiently grill fish and other types of meat that you prefer.
The water-resistant chimnea also makes a great choice for you as it gives you value for your money through its long service.
Features of the Kotulas Outdoor Cooking Steel Chiminea
- This item is exceptional with its adjustable grate that allows you to grill any type of meat as you can regulate the heat depending on the type of food that you are grilling.
- It is ideal for grilling pork, beef, and making pizza
- It has an exceptional design that enables you to enjoy a beautiful view from every direction in your backyard
- It high temperature finish that protects it, and since the paint is non-toxic, you can be sure to enjoy a serene, warm environment with it
- The item is designed only for outdoors use, and thus you should be sure to set it in your backyard
- Water-resistant feature that allows it to last long and avoid flooding
Pros of the Kotulas Outdoor Cooking Steel Chiminea
- Affordable: the device is one of the best chimineas that you can buy even on a tight budget and warm up your space
- It is easy to assemble, and you get the work done in a few minutes
- The item is light ad carrying it is easy
- The durability of the chimnea is an excellent feature to give you a longer service
Cons of the Kotulas Outdoor Cooking Steel Chiminea
- The design of the item is not appealing due to the large holes that it has at the bottom, and thus you may not enjoy taking a view of it from your backyard
- It is difficult to cook pizza with this device, and you may end up burning it due to the harsh fire that is difficult to regulate
- It is not resistant to rust, and thus it may not last long
- Heavy: the weight of the device makes it difficult to carry it around
Chiminea by Red Ember Alto with Robust Steel Construction, Deep Black Finish
Description of the Chiminea by Red Ember Alto with Robust Steel Construction, Deep Black Finish
This is a chimnea with a modern design that gives your backyard a sleek look. It is an effective device to use for grilling and pizza making.
With its new design, you can enjoy vast benefits from it. It is reliable, and its black finish allows you to blend it naturally with most items at your backyard.
The device is easy to use and assemble.
Features of the Chiminea by Red Ember Alto with Robust Steel Construction, Deep Black Finish
- Cover: the cover of the device prevents it from soaking with water whenever it rains, and this enables it to last long
- It is made of sturdy iron metals that bring forth its durability. It is one of the rare devices that you can be sure to purchase to save cost
- The device has a relatively small fireplace where you can load firewood and enjoy a warm environment
- It has a black finish which is one of the most common choices for most people
- It is relatively small, and this makes it a good choice for people that want to save space in their backyards
Pros of the Chiminea by Red Ember Alto with Robust Steel Construction, Deep Black Finish
- Easy to assemble and even without the user manual you can get the device working in a few minutes to light up your backyard
- It has a great design that gives it a modern look to attract buyers and beautify your home
- It has a cover that protects it from rain and harsh weather for durability
- The price is reasonable, and even on a tight budget, one can afford it
Cons of the Chiminea by Red Ember Alto with Robust Steel Construction, Deep Black Finish
- The legs of the item seem to be drilled in the wrong position, and this may make the device fail to be sturdy enough
- It lacks a screen in front which helps you monitor the situation inside
- The device is heavy, and one may need help carrying it around the backyard
Sunnydaze Steel Chiminea
Description of the Sunnydaze Steel Chiminea
This is a blend of Mexican and Spanish décor chimnea that is bound to give your home a new look.
With this Chimineas, you can enjoy good times with your friends without having to worry about eye irritation as a result of smoke and soot.
Has a black finish, and its modern design gives your backyard a sleek look.
Features of the Sunnydaze Steel Chiminea
- It has an effective funnel that directs smoke upwards to prevent eye-watering
- The legs are made of steel to enable them to support the weight of the device even when you load it with logs and wood
- It is ideal for outdoor gatherings, and you can use wood on it
- It has a flue cap that is essential in preventing the entry and accumulation of debris, rain or snow
- It has a grate that allows you to grill meat and together with the poker; you can remove them for maintenance
Pros of the Sunnydaze Steel Chiminea
- Sturdy materials that are made of steel and iron form the device strong and durable
- It has three strong string legs that bring about its durability by supporting its weight
- The airflow is sufficient to help in burning the wood
Cons of the Sunnydaze Steel Chiminea
- Due to its small size, it is not ideal for large crowds
- It lacks rain cover
- It lacks a screen to contain sparks, which may be dangerous to you and your guests.
Outdoor Clay Chiminea Fire Pit (Stone Gray)
Description of the Outdoor Clay Chiminea Fire Pit (Stone Gray)
If you need a cost-effective type of Chimineas this is the right type for you. With it, you can use leaves, wood, or charcoal to light it up.
It allows you to save money. It also has a traditional sleek design to meet your needs.
Features of the Outdoor Clay Chiminea Fire Pit (Stone Gray)
- Uses clay which is known to absorb heat slowly and retain it for a long time thus saving you the cost of wood
- Has s strong stand to anchor it
- It has a cover it protect it from rain
- It has a firepot to load wood and charcoal as well as leaves
Pros of the Outdoor Clay Chiminea Fire Pit (Stone Gray)
- Made of clay which retains heat
- It has a cover to protect it and enhance its life
- You need to only use a small amount of charcoal
Cons of Outdoor Clay Chiminea Fire Pit (Stone Gray)
- The stand is detached, and it can make it difficult to handle the item
- The chiminea may crack thus making it unsuitable for use