The 10 Best Aquarium Plant Fertilizers Review
People that own a plant aquarium like it when their plants look verdant and stunning inside the glass.
Plants aquariums that are healthy not only beautify the house, but they also bring live in the aquarium.
It is, however, unfortunate that at some point, your plants may start to wither and show no sign of life.
When this happens, you get to think of all the things you can do to ensure that they have back their life and green look.
There are vast things that you can do to make your plants look good again.
Just like humans, plants need to make food for them to grow. If you fail to feed and boost their food making ability, the plants are likely to die.
Aquarium Plant Fertilizers are the best option for boosting your plant’s growth. There is a vast option of plants that you can choose from the market.
Here is a review of the wide range of Aquarium Plant Fertilizers that you can apply to your plants to boost their food production.
Things to consider when selecting aquarium plant fertilizers
When selecting the type of Aquarium Plant Fertilizers to use in your aquarium, you need to be careful not to choose one that can harm your pets.
You should focus on the fertilizer that can be beneficial to both your plants and animals.
Besides, each Aquarium Plant Fertilizers you select should co-relate with the type of animals that you rear in the tank.
Selecting the wrong fertilizer can lead to serious problems in your aquarium and, at times, even lead to the death of your pets.
Here are the things you should consider when selecting the type of Aquarium Plant Fertilizers to use in your aquarium.
The right micro and macronutrients
When selecting the type of fertilizer to use, you should first research the type of micro and macronutrients that it contains.
You should ensure that it has the right components for the type of plants that you have in your aquarium.
Besides, the Aquarium Plant Fertilizers should be beneficial to your plants. It should not be harmful to your pets.
Affordability of the fertilizer
The kind of Aquarium Plant Fertilizers you choose should be reasonably priced.
Avoid choosing fertilizers that are too costly, and yet they lack the right component that can benefit your plants.
The price of the Aquarium Plant Fertilizers should go hand in hand with the benefits that it offers to your plants.
Besides, you might want to settle for a cheaper type of fertilizer if you are on a budget.
Ease of use
You should be keen to select the type of Aquarium Plant Fertilizers that you can efficiently use. If the fertilizer is too complicated to use, you may have a difficult time using it in your plants.
Besides, you should ensure that you are not sensitive to the type of fertilizer that you select.
Well trusted brands
Before purchasing fertilizer, it is always vital to research on different platforms and enquire about customer reviews.
The information that you receive from people that have used such fertilizers before enlightening you about the various factors that you may need to clarify before selecting the specific type of Aquarium Plant Fertilizers for your aquarium plants.
At times, settling for those with big brands is a good option as they tend to be safer and more reliable than those that are not well known.
Long term effects of the fertilizer
You should dig for information about the likely effects of certain types of fertilizers after using them in your aquarium plants.
You can access such information on customer review platforms and get to know how certain types of Aquarium Plant Fertilizers are likely to impact the plants in your aquarium and the possible side effects that they may trigger to your pets or the plants.
Review of the best fertilizers that you can use in your aquarium
If you are looking for Aquarium Plant Fertilizers rich in nutrients to sustain your plants, you can never go wrong with the Seachem Flourish Freshwater Plant Supplement.
The fertilizer contains minerals that sustain the plants and help them fight all the diseases that may affect them and reduce their quality.
Besides, it gives them a prolonged life to continue thriving and growing strongly.
For each 20 gallons of your tank, you should use one sup full of the fertilizer.
You should be sure to measure the right amounts to avoid overdoing it as it can reduce the quality of your plants.
You should always read the instructions given in the product so that you can use it correctly to avoid accidents.
Besides, you should not use this product if you have shrimp in your aquarium as it contains copper, which is harmful to them.
You should always observe all the safety protocols that you receive after purchasing the product.
You can as well use the Aquarium Plant Fertilizers if you have any type of fish in your aquarium as it does not cause them any harm.
- The fertilizer has advanced minerals that enhance the quality of your plants by nourishing them with the right requirements for better growth.
- The fertilizer boost growth in plants: this type of fertilizer has special types of ingredients that speed up the process of growth in plants. It quickens the rate at which the plants metabolize food and thus giving them a large size.
- Greener plants: thefertilizer enables the plants to have a lot of green and life in them. The factor makes your aquarium look more beautiful and attractive.
- Nontoxic to water: the fertilizer is highly safe for your water and your pets because it does not pollute it or make it unsuitable for the aquatic animals.
Cons of the Seachem Flourish Freshwater Plant Supplement
- Due to the copper present in the fertilizer, you cannot use it if you have shrimp in your tank. If you use copper in your shrimp, they are likely to have low fertilization chances, black gills and their immune system tend to get weaker with time.
- You must use this type of fertilizer daily if you want to have the best result. Due to this factor, you might have to spend more on the fertilizer as you always have to buy it in bulk.
- It is not possible to use the fertilizer in salty water tanks as its quality goes down.
If your fish tends to dislike tablet types of fertilizers that cloud your water, this type of fertilizer is excellent as it is friendly to the water.
It is also a good choice as it does not cause any water hardness.
It comes in tablet form that you drop in your water, and it keeps releasing small bits if the minerals to the water to ensure that your plants absorb the nutrients it offers in bits.
The fertilizer has varieties of nutrients and minerals that other fertilizers may lack. It entails amino acids, elements, and vitamins.
Whenever you insert the tablets to the plant base, they get to release nutrients to the roots of the plants in bits.
The plants get nourishments from nutrients like magnesium, iron, and potassium. The vast combination of nutrients that the fertilizer gives to plants is amendable.
You should insert this type of fertilizer in the middle of the aquarium to allow it to settle in the middle of the gravel, where most plants tend to thrive.
By doing so, you ensure that there is maximum absorption of the latter.
This fertilizer requires low maintenance, and you can use it once in two months, and you still get to receive the best results that you want.
With the low number of times that you use it, you get to save on cost as you do not have to keep buying more in a short time.
Affordable: the initial price of this type of fertilizer is low, and it saves you money any time you need to purchase it.
Since it lasts longer, you have a high chance of giving nourishment to your plants at a low price.
Has a balance of the nutrients: the product offers you a variety of nutrients that bring nourishment to your plants at a lower cost.
The vast number of nutrients that it contains enables it to keep giving your plants more life and better root formation.
Whenever you place the fertilizer tabs in the water, they do not break down, and this allows them to last longer in the water hence giving your plants more nourishment for prolonged life.
Facilitates the quick growth of roots in your plants
This type of fertilizer does not interfere with the ph of the water in the aquarium tank, and thus it makes it be a better choice for a natural environment for the survival of your plants.
Cons of the Seachem Flourish Tabs Growth Supplement
If you have a well-stocked tank, a load of nitrogen from the fertilizer may become too much. If there is plenty of it in your tank, it becomes messy and difficult to remove whenever you need to do so.
The fertilizer lacks enough macronutrients that are vital for some types of plants that may have in your aquarium for the growth of their roots. It is, therefore, not a good choice for people that have plants with root tabs.
The fertilizer has acidic properties that may be at times harmful to your fish
This type is only good for thetype of plants that can absorb nutrients through their leaves and stems.
If your plants are root nutrient absorbers, it is better to look for another option. There are vast things that your plants can benefit from whenever you use this type of fertilizer.
The fertilizer is one of the most popular ones among aquarists as it is easy to use for beginners and everyone that has an aquarium at their home.
It is user friendly, and it cannot harm you by causing allergies or any problems common in some types of fertilizers.
Besides, the type of fertilizer is an ideal choice for anyone that wants to see quick results in the growth of their plants.
You only need to drop a cupful of the product in your water aquarium and a few days; you get to see more life and changes in your plants.
With this type of product, your fish can enjoy swimming around the tank since the plants do not absorb it through the leaves.
The product promotes a balance in the tank and keeps a check on the algae in the tank.
Besides, the fertilizer is a good source of carbon to your plants, which is important in your plants.
Since it is a natural source of carbon to your plants, they get to flourish quickly, and they grow healthily.
Pros of the Seachem Flourish Excel Bioavailable Carbon
The fertilizer helps your aquarium rebalance, and this is a good thing for the fish as it reduces the algae in the tank slightly.
Easy to use: this type of fertilizer is not complicated to use, and it is ideal for beginners that want to promote plant growth n their water tanks.
Most of the macronutrients in the fertilizer prove to be helpful and useful to your plants. They combine to promote plant growth, and they give better health to your plants.
Acts quickly to give your plants a good green and healthy look in just a few days.
Cons of the Seachem Flourish Excel Bioavailable Carbon
If you keep invertebrates in your aquarium, this type of fertilizer is not recommended.
Be sure to search for one that is more friendly to this type of pets. Using the fertilizer when you keep the invertebrates, they may end up dying.
The fertilizer lacks most macronutrients that your plants may need, and this limits you in terms of having a broad range of plants.
If your plants require macronutrients like potassium and more, you may have to purchase a different type of fertilizer.
Description of the API Leaf Zone Plant Treatment
Your plants need proper nourishment, just like other plants that live on land. With good nourishment, they get to grow greener and healthily.
This type of fertilizer contains special nutrients that boost the fast growth of your plants. It entails potassium and iron, which are essential in helping your plants get stronger.
It is friendly for use, and the iron that it contains is essential in helping your plants prevent the decaying of the yellow leaves by giving them more nourishment to remain greener and good looking.
Additionally, the potassium in the fertilizer is essential in ensuring that your plants maintain better pressure in the leaves, and it also facilitates photosynthesis.
This process is essential in the manufacturing of the food by the leaves of your plants.
This product is safe for use, and you can use it safely in freshwater environments.
Pros of the API Leaf Zone Plant Treatment
- The fertilizer helps your plants to flourish quickly through the two types of nutrients that it entails
- The fertilizer is a great deal for people that are in a budget as they do not have to use the latter daily hence they save cost
- The product is friendly, and you can use it without having to worry on the method of filtration that you use for your aquarium
- Readily available: you can easily find the product near you whenever you need to purchase it for use in your aquarium tanks. As a result, you do not keep your plants out of essential nutrients when you are done using the available fertilizer; hence you keep them nourished for a long time.
- Cheap: the product is highly affordable, and it saves you the cost even when you are on a budget.
Cons of the API Leaf Zone Plant Treatment
- The product is little, and thus you have to keep purchasing more in case you purchase a smaller amount. Since it runs out quickly, be sure to get another one ready before completing your initial bottle.
- This type of fertilizer limits you in terms of the nutrients you can offer to your plants. It only contains iron and potassium, and to some plants, this may not be enough, and thus you may have to purchase more supplements to use with the fertilizer.
Description of the API ROOT TABS Freshwater Aquarium Plant Fertilizer
It can be stressful to watch the roots of your aquarium plants wither and have no more life.
If you have been experiencing such problems with your aquarium plants, worry no more as the API ROOT TABS Freshwater Aquarium Plant Fertilizer got your back.
This type of fertilizer acts quickly to give your plants a better production by nourishing them and making them grow stronger. It is a top choice for many people.
The fertilizer contains potassium, carbon, and iron, which are essential in making your roots grow.
The plants utilize the vitamins slowly over time before they completely replenish them for a better result.
If you notice a bad root system in your plants, this type of fertilizer always got you, and you can purchase it readily in any part of the world.
It brings essential nourishment to your plants and also sustains their power and strength to fight off diseases that may affect your plants.
Pros of the API ROOT TABS Freshwater Aquarium Plant Fertilizer
- The fertilizer has a wide range of nutrients that nourish your plants. It has potassium, iron, and carbon, which are highly essential in helping your plants grow efficiently.
- Gives lively color to plants: the essential nutrients that the fertilizer contains enable the plants to generate more chlorophyll that gives them their green color.
- It is a vital supplement for helping plants that grow in freshwater to stimulate a fast and high rate of root growth.
- The chemicals used in making this type of fertilizer are never harmful to your aquarium pets, and they offer them a safe environment to keep living normally.
- The product is exceptional in granting your plants a vigorous and quick growth, especially those that you introduce as young ones in your aquarium.
Cons of the API ROOT TABS Freshwater Aquarium Plant Fertilizer
- This type of fertilizer is highly soluble, and whenever you place it inside your water aquarium, it starts to dissolve immediately and this may be a bad sign for you as you have to keep purchasing more of the fertilizers each day
- The fertilizer gives your plants a white discoloration that may give them a different color form their initial color.
The more you use the fertilizer, the color keeps changing to the normal color of the plants.
Description of the LuffyMarimo Fertilizer – Marimo Food Boosts Growth
If you want your plants to have better health, this type of fertilizer is the best for you.
The fertilizer is specially designed for marimos plants. It gives them good health and nice-looking leaves.
The fertilizer contains phosphate, calcium, and nitrates. People that have used this type of fertilizer share their experiences of quick results and better health of their plants in just a few days after using it.
The iron present in the fertilizer is responsible for nourishing the plants with essential salts that give it a better thriving ability.
The nitrates and phosphates present in the product enable the plants to grow quickly and keep making your aquarium more beautiful.
Most morimo plants have the ability to grow balls that must be puffy.
With the help of the vast number of nutrients present in this type of fertilizer, they get a fluffy look that enables them to have an aesthetic look in your aquarium.
With a better boost of growth of your morimo plants, you get good food for your aquatic animals as they love to feed on them.
Pros of the LuffyMarimo Fertilizer – Marimo Food Boosts Growth
- Easy to use: the fertilizer is never complicated to use, and you can just use it in a simple solution and let it nourish your plants. You can also get help from the instructions of use that the manufacturer gives at the purchase of the item.
- Entails an all in one solution: that nourishes your plants at a go with its vast number of supplements that enhance the growth of your plants.
- This type of fertilizer continues to nourish your mosses as it has a special ingredient that quickens the rate at which the plants produce a puffy ball to ensure that there is enough food in your aquarium.
- Affordable: the type of fertilizer does not come at an exaggerated price; hence you can feed it to your plants to speed up their growth and later use them to feed your plants even when you are on a budget.
- The fertilizer is a great deal to help your algae thrive efficient. Most fertilizers tend to inhibit the growth of algae in your aquarium, and this may not render your aquarium healthy for your pets.
Cons of the LuffyMarimo Fertilizer – Marimo Food Boosts Growth
- Some of the fertilizer brands are expensive. Since they enhance the growth of the plants that you can as well use as food for your fish, they may not be a great loss for you whenever you need to purchase them.
- The fertilizer takes time before it gives your plants positive results
- The packaging of the fertilizer is poor, and it may not be the logic place it in the places that it may trip easily as you could lose your product
Description of the NilocG Aquatics Aquarium Fertilizer Shrimp Specific
Unlike other fertilizers that contain acids that kill and inhibit the growth of your shrimp, this type of fertilizer nourishes the growth of plants, and it also gives your shrimp better chances of survival.
The friendly nature of the fertilizer makes it the number one choice for anyone that has shrimps in their aquarium.
The fertilizer comes in a wide range of benefits and nutrients that favor the growth of your plants.
It entails both micronutrients and macronutrients that facilitate quick growth in your plants.
Pros of the NilocG Aquatics Aquarium Fertilizer Shrimp Specific
Reliable: you can treat over 2500 gallons of water with500ml cup of the fertilizer, and it gets to work quickly for your plants.
You get to save on the amount of fertilizer that you use to treat the water.
Convenient packaging: the product has a great packaging through which you place the amount of fertilizer that you require for your aquarium and later pump it to your aquarium using a pump bottle that is easy and convenient to use.
The fertilizer has a vast number of nutrients that you can use for your plants and nourish them for better growth and more leave and root production.
It contains micronutrients and macronutrients that contain the right ingredients to nourish your plants.
Besides, the minerals that the product contains enable the shrimps t have a better and nourished life.
Cons of the NilocG Aquatics Aquarium Fertilizer Shrimp Specific
The type of fertilizer causes a boom of algae in your water aquarium tank, and it may make it impossible for you to control the rate at which the latter grow
Description of the Brightwell Aquatics Florinmulti – Advanced Comprehensive Supplementation
This type of premium product is one of its kind, and it is special because it does not entail phosphate and nitrates.
From the research done by the company, the two nutrients are easy to give separately to plants as they come in different forms that do not necessarily require the company to include it in their fertilizers.
Pros of the Brightwell Aquatics Florinmulti – Advanced Comprehensive Supplementation
- The fertilizer contains 14 elements that sustain your plants for better growth
- Easy to use: the fertilizer is never difficult to use as the instructions that it gives are easy to understand.
- Offers high growth rate to plants
Cons of the Brightwell Aquatics Florinmulti – Advanced Comprehensive Supplementation
- Costly: the fertilizer is expensive, and it may not be the best for anyone that is on budget
- The fertilizer lacks phosphate and nitrate, a nutrient that is essential for high nourishments in your plants.
Description of the PondCare Aquatic Plant Food Tablets
If you want your plants to have flowers and grow quickly, this is the best product for you.
It has both boron and iron that it uses to facilitate growth in the plants. It is easy to use, and you can use it for any type of plant.
Pros of PondCare Aquatic Plant Food Tablets
- Tablets of a good size that can serve you for a longer time and also prevent high solubility.
- Has boron and iron as extra supplements to your plants
- The fertilizer is friendly to your fish, and it enables them to thrive
Cons of the PondCare Aquatic Plant Food Tablets
- The fertilizer is only good for plants in a pond, and it may not be the right choice for people with small tanks
- The fertilizer can only be effective in your plants if you maintain certain temperatures
Description of the GreenPro Root Tabs
This type of fertilizer comes in tab form, and thus it tends to last longer compared to liquid fertilizers. It has vitamin nourishment for your plants and prolongs their lives.
Pros of the GreenPro Root Tabs
- You can use it only once in a month, and you get to notice clear results in just a short time
- It has a wide range of nutrients that sustain your plants by helping them have greener leaves, generate more food and stay healthy
- It has significant supplements that are essential for your plants.
Cons of the GreenPro Root Tabs
- Since the tabs are in solid form, they tend to be difficult to split and use
- It is challenging to place the tablets in the soil where they should be for the plants to feel their effects
When choosing a fertilizer, you should be careful about the components they entail.
You should also share information on the types of pets you have in your aquarium so that the experts can select the right fertilizer that is not likely to affect the health of your pets.