tawkboard.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site at no extra cost to you. Here is our Affiliate disclosure page
12 Best Food Dehydrator Models to Harvest Storage
People are quickly embracing the art of dehydrating food as it has proven to have more advantages compared to buying already dried food.
Food dehydrators are the latest kitchen gadgets in the market, and they have quickly gained momentum in the industry as more people are opting to buy them.
The devices suck moisture out of various foods like tomatoes, meat, fruits, among others.
Through this process, the food gets dry, and this extends its lasting ability.
Such food can last you for months, even when you fail to freeze them. With them, you can make snacks like oil-less potatoes, fruit leather and many more.
The devices maintain the actual flavor of the foods, and they also maintain their nutritional value.
The low heat drying mechanism of the devices enhances the quality and flavor of the food. When selecting food dehydrators, you should consider many things.
Here is a review of the various types of food dehydrator models to harvest storage and the factors that you should consider when buying them.
Factors to Consider When Buying Food Dehydrator Models
Your needs are the major determinants of the type of food dehydrator that you may need to buy.
The ways in which you plan to use the food dehydrator also reflects on the type of device that you may want to purchase.
Before purchasing the devices, you should research and familiarize yourself with the different types that are available in the market.
They vary on their prices, sizes and functionality. Here are the factors you should consider before buying purchasing a food dehydrator.
Air Flow and Heat Distribution
As much as drying out food requires consistent heat distribution and airflow, there are crucial factors that you should consider in the model that you plan to purchase.
Even with the consistency of the heat, you may realize that some of your food does not get dry, and some remain with moisture.
Even distribution of heat and air is the biggest concern that worries people that use the devices to dry food.
With even distribution, you can be sure to get all your food dry evenly.
Horizontal food dehydrators tend to be the most effective when it comes to distributing heat evenly.
Even when you place some foods further from the heat source, the horizontal devices ensure that it remains evenly distributed.
Vertical food dehydrators tend to be cumbersome, but some models are great as they contain fans and other elements that ensure the even heat distribution in the food for maximum benefits.
Ease of Use
Dehydrating food should be a simple process, and it even gets easier when you use the right device.
Various models in the market offer different ways of drying your food.
Drying the food evenly is the major concern, and even though it sounds easy, you may find it difficult if you use a device that requires you to keep turning the food for it to dry evenly.
Besides, some devices only need you to witch them on, and they get the work on and with that, you do not have to keep checking on the food, and you can enjoy your time as you wait.
You should also check on how easy a model is when it comes to cleaning it.
You can clean some models in the dishwasher, particularly those that have their fans on top. Other models may be difficult to clean than others.
The performance of the food dehydrator determines its price. Large-sized devices allow you to dry more food compared to small-sized ones, and they may be costly.
Commercial food dehydrators have high efficiency, and they cost more.
You need to determine the price of the model that you want to settle for, and the price varies depending on the models.
Food models tend to emit some noise because of their fans. You should settle for a model that is quieter, and you can acquire more information by reading through reviews.
Size and capacity
You should be sure of the amount of food that you want to make in one batch. If you need to make large amounts, then you may need to purchase a device with a higher capacity.
The space that you have available also determines the size of the device that you want to purchase.
Larger devices occupy more space. Besides, food dehydrators with a vertical design only occupy less space.
Types of Food Dehydrators
NESCO Snackmaster FD-75A Food Dehydrator
Description of the NESCO Snackmaster FD-75A Food Dehydrator
This type of food dehydrator brings you efficiency on how you dry our food. It is highly reliable, and it comes with five trays.
You can adjust the trays and expand them to 12 trays, and thus you can dry more food at a batch.
It is easy to clean, and with its dish form, you can, at times, clean it in your dishwasher.
It has a fan that runs at 600 watts. When purchasing the device, you get a user manual to guide you on how to assemble and operate it.
It is simple to use, and you do not spend a lot of time figuring out how to get it working.
It has vast features that allow you to adjust the temperatures depending on the types of foods that you are drying.
Its reliability is a top reason for you to purchase it.
Features NESCO Snackmaster FD-75A Food Dehydrator
- The thermostats are adjustable, and thus you can be sure to dry different types of food with varying temperature requirements
- It has five rays which you can expand to 12
- It is manufactured in the USA
- The exterior of the device is pressured to converge pressured air for better results in drying the food
- The horizontal nature of the device increases its efficiency as hot air converges at the top for even and quick drying of the food.
- The feature is also beneficial in that you do not have to keep adjusting the tray, and the food gets dry, depending on the thermostat settings.
Pros of the NESCO Snackmaster FD-75A Food Dehydrator
- Easy to clean: the horizontal nature of the device allows you to easily clean the device.
Besides, its dish form and the adjustable trays make your cleaning experience even better
- The thermostat is adjustable, and thus you can enjoy convenience as you can try out a variety of foods
- It is a device that is ideal for fruits, vegetables and jerky
Cons of the NESCO Snackmaster FD-75A Food Dehydrator
- The device lacks a timer, and thus you may have to keep checking on it to know when your food is ready
Presto 06300 Food Dehydrator
Description of the Presto 06300 Food Dehydrator
This is easy to use the device. It can dry a variety of food, and you only need to plug it, and by turning the socket switch on, it gets ready for use.
The device is also not complicated when it comes to cleaning it.
You cannot control temperatures with this device; thus, you have to dry the food with an average temperature of 165 degrees.
Cleaning the device is easy, and you can place it in your dishwasher as the cord is based on the bottom, and this enhances its safety.
It is one of the devices that you can rely on when drying food at your home.
Features of the Presto 06300 Food Dehydrator
- The cover is see-through, and thus you can monitor the progress of the food as it dries and you can determine when it is ready to remove it from the dehydrator
- It entails four trays that can expand to 8 for you to add up to your batch
- The temperatures of the device is preset to 165 degrees
- The device is easy to store, and it does not occupy much space as the trays are compact. The cords are also based in the bottom for easy storage
- The immiscible nature of the device makes it easy and safe for you to clean the device in your dishwasher
- 600 watts power
- Fan based at the bottom for more efficient heat accumulation and easy cleaning
Pros of the Presto 06300 Food Dehydrator
- Affordable: the device comes at a budget-friendly price, and it is a good choice for beginners
- Beginner-friendly as it does not require any settings or long procedures of getting it to work. Even without a user manual one can plugin and get their food dry
- Compact: the feature enables you to clean the device easily in your dishwasher
Cons of the Presto 06300 Food Dehydrator
- The device lacks temperature control, and thus you have to rely on the average 165 degrees temperature
- The device lacks a timer which is essential in automatically alerting you when the food is dry
Nesco Gardenmaster FD-1040 Food Dehydrator
Description of the Nesco Gardenmaster FD-1040 Food Dehydrator
This is the best device that you can conveniently expand and enjoy 20 trays to place different foods and dry them.
With its large capacity, it can hold large batches, and thus you do not have to keep drying food in turns.
You can adjust the temperatures from 90 to 160 degrees.
The device s fast, and you can dry a variety of foods in fewer hours. Besides, it is also suitable for drying semi-liquid foods that some devices cannot dry.
You can be sure to dry soup and sauces with this device.
It is highly reliable, and with its timer, you get to monitor the progress of the drying process as you attend to other activities.
Features of the Nesco Gardenmaster FD-1040 Food Dehydrator
- It has the power of 1000watts, and this enables it to distribute heat evenly for the best results
- It has a timer that allows you to monitor the drying process
- The temperatures are adjustable to suit the requirements of the specific food that you are drying
- The expandable trays have an area of 1 ft for a better drying performance
- It comes with an instruction and recipe book
- It is manufactured in the USA
- Has a jerky seasoning to make your food better
Pros of the Nesco Gardenmaster FD-1040 Food Dehydrator
- It has high performance, and it passes heat evenly in its trays to dry the food evenly. The airspace around the device enhances its performance
- The device is easy to use, and by following the instructions on the user manual, you can be sure to enjoy better food dehydration with the latter.
- You should always be sure of the temperature requirements of the food that you want to dry for a better experience
- One year Warranty and you can always receive free guidance about the device
- The device is affordable compared to its high performance
- Fast: the food dehydrator gets the work done in a short time as long as you set the right temperatures
- It comes with a recipe book that offers you broad ideas on how to use it
- The materials used in the construction of the device are BHP free, and this makes them safer
Cons of the Nesco Gardenmaster FD-1040 Food Dehydrator
- The device is noisier compared to those of its competitors
Excalibur 2400 Food Dehydrator
Description of the Excalibur 2400 Food Dehydrator
This device is great for beginners, as it does not require any forms of settings for it to dry the food. It is durable, and it is majorly designed for meat jerky.
With its solid construction, you can rely on it for a long time. Its controls are simple to operate, and you can be sure to perform large tasks with it.
You can adjust its temperatures from 95 to 165 degrees.
Features of the Excalibur 2400 Food Dehydrator
- Polyscreen trays: the trays are made of a material that is easy to clean and handle
- The fan is 2 inches and has 220 watts: the voltage is enough for basic drying requirements, and since there is never enough heat circulation in the device, you may have to keep turning the trays for the food to be evenly dried
- Made in the USA
- Has 5-year warranty and thus you can be sure to seek help from the manufacturers
- The thermostat is adjustable from 95 to 165 degrees
Pros of the Excalibur 2400 Food Dehydrator
- The device is easy and straightforward to use, and thus it is ideal for beginners
- The versatility of the product allows you to try different types of food with it
- It is easy to clean
Cons of the Excalibur 2400 Food Dehydrator
- The trays are not expandable thus you may have to limit the amount of food that you dry
- It lacks a timer, and you should be alert whenever you are drying food.
Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator
Description of the Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator
With this food dehydrator, it has become easy for people to enjoy dried foods from the comfort of their homes.
The device is 15 feet, and it brings a reliable way of drying food. With its affordability, you can be sure of saving more using it.
The device has a timer that can go up to 96 hours, and thus you have enough time to handle the different typed of foods that you need to cook.
This food dehydrator offers exceptional results for you to enjoy trying out new recipes to light up all your meals.
Features of the Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator
- Has a 26-hour timer that creates more convenience and extra time to relax as you wait for your meals to be ready
- The temperature range of the device is from 110 to 165 degrees Fahrenheit
- It has 15 square feet space that you can place your food and save time by placing more food batches
- The fan runs at 600 Watts: and this makes the device powerful enough to handle all the types of foods that you need to dry
- Manufactured in the USA
- The device is made of plastic construction, and this gives it the chances of serving you for a fair period of time
- The device is specially made for the making of meat jerky, and thus you can rely on it for all your meat jerky foods
- The fan is 7 feet.
Pros of the Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator
- The device comes with ten years warranty, and thus you can enjoy seamless customer services and advise on any issues that you experience with the latter
- The temperature ranges from 110 to 165 degrees
- Has 26-hour timer that enables you to monitor your food as it dries
Cons of the Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator
- The price of the device does not favor your budget
L’EQUIP 528 Food Dehydrator
Description of L’EQUIP 528 Food Dehydrator
This device has the best design to quickly blend with your kitchen. It is also a reliable one as it gets to dry your food in a short time.
It is one of the food dehydrators that you can use at your home to make different types of foods ranging from fruits, meat jerks, among others.
The device is also made of leather trays that are specially designed for drying fruits. It has a temperature range of about 98 to 158 degrees.
It is also an essential one due to the microprocessor mechanism that it uses to process food.
Features of the L’EQUIP 528 Food Dehydrator
- Microprocessor: the microprocessor controls heat and helps in bringing stability inside the trays by distributing heat evenly
- Has six trays for drying food
- Has 550 Watts of power that enables it to handle the food dehydrating process quickly
- The trays are expandable to 20
- The device has an on and off switch for you to control it
Pros of the L’EQUIP 528 Food Dehydrator
- The device is expandable to 20 trays
- It has a sleek design that easily blends with your kitchen
- The simple controls of the device enable you to set it according to the food that you are maybe preparing
Cons of the L’EQUIP 528 Food Dehydrator
- The performance of the device is slow
STX Dehydra 1200W-XLS Food Dehydrator
Description of the STX Dehydra 1200W-XLS Food Dehydrator
This is one of the few dehydrators that have sturdy construction to facilitate efficient food drying.
The device has a modern touch, and it can handle all your food drying needs in a short time. It is made of stainless steel to last you longer and give you value for your money.
With this device, you can be sure to continue enjoying vast things with it.
It comes along with a recipe that helps you choose the right one that you need. With its 1200 watts, the device remains to be among the most powerful ones in the market.
It can deliver a wide range of temperature adjustments for you to enjoy a better food dehydration experience.
Features of the STX Dehydra 1200W-XLS Food Dehydrator
- The device has a stainless steel construction that enables you to enjoy many years of service
- It has digital controls that enable you to control the temperature and settings according to your preferences
- 1200 watts of the device makes it powerful enough to handle most of your food drying needs
- 270 dehydrating recipes that give you a chance to try out new things and have fun in the kitchen
Pros of the STX Dehydra 1200W-XLS Food Dehydrator
- The drying space is large enough to handle all your food dehydrating needs in bulk
- The dehydrator is powerful compared to its competitors, and thus it gives you value for your food
- The program is preset, and this saves you time
Cons of the STX Dehydra 1200W-XLS Food Dehydrator
- The device is heavy, and thus it is not easily portable
Chefman Food Dehydrator and multi-tier food preserver
Description of the Chefman Food Dehydrator and multi-tier food preserver
This is a sturdy food dehydrating device that has a transparent cover to help you in monitoring the progress of the food.
The device is the perfect choice that you can make in handling your food drying endeavors as it is BPA free hence safe for use.
It is the best device to use at home as it has a sleek and reliable design.
With the high convenience of this device, you can be sure to have a seamless encounter whenever you need to dry your food.
Besides, it allows you to achieve even heating and drying of food. It is ideal for drying fruits, meat, crackers, among other foods.
Features of the Chefman Food Dehydrator and multi-tier food preserver
- The device has six trays
- Has a drying power of 480 watts
- Has a temperature range of 158 to 165 degrees
- Has a timer
Pros of the Chefman Food Dehydrator and multi-tier food preserver
- The device has a digital timer to give you space to attend to other activities as you wait for the food to get ready
- The device is easy to use
- Easy to clean
- The door is transparent for you to monitor the progress of your food
Cons of the Chefman Food Dehydrator and multi-tier food preserver
- The device is bulky
NutriChef PKFD06 Food Dehydrator Machine
Description of the NutriChef PKFD06 Food Dehydrator Machine
This is a small-sized device that helps you to meet most of your food drying needs. It is specially designed for small activities at your home.
The device is easy to use, and you do not require a user manual to get the work done. It is also one of the best ones when it comes to reliability and ease of use and cleaning.
Besides, the high portability of this device offers you a better way of how you can handle it.
You do not struggle while packaging it whenever you need to carry it with you for your family trips.
It is a device that you can always use for your daily food drying needs.
Features of the NutriChef PKFD06 Food Dehydrator Machine
- The trays are compact, and this enables them to retain more heat and distribute it evenly for the better drying process
- Has a maximum temperature of 180 degrees and that’s enough to complete the process
- The device has five trays that are stackable
- The materials used in the manufacture of the device are stain-resistant
- The even food drying mechanism of the device enables the foods to maintain 90 percent of the nutrients
Pros of the NutriChef PKFD06 Food Dehydrator Machine
- The device is lightweight, and this allows you to carry it around whenever you need to go on vacation or camping
- The food dehydrator is easy to operate
- The temperatures of the device are easy to adjust to meet the specific needs of the food that you are maybe drying at that specific time
Cons of the NutriChef PKFD06 Food Dehydrator Machine
- The trays can only be cleaned by hand. Thus you may spend mor3 time doing the task
Tribest Sedona Express SDE-S6780-B
Description of the Tribest Sedona Express SDE-S6780-B
This is the best device for people that are on a raw vegan diet. It is a great device that has vast settings for one to set, depending on the type of food that they want.
With it, you can enjoy vast programs, including combo, raw and fast foods.
The device has 11 stainless steel trays that you can use in drying your food.
With its vast, reliable features, you can be sure to enjoy a wide variety of recipes depending on your preferences.
The device is also quiet and has temperatures of 168 degrees Celsius.
Features of the Tribest Sedona Express SDE-S6780-B
- Has maximum temperatures of 168 degrees
- It has a feature that protects it from overheating
- It has three programs, combo, raw and fast
Pros of the Tribest Sedona Express SDE-S6780-B
- The device is quiet hence you can have an easy time while using it
- It has a glass door that is transparent for you to monitor the progress of the food and determine when it is ready
- It has multiple settings for you to enjoy a variety of choices.
Cons of the Tribest Sedona Express SDE-S6780-B
- The price of the device is high hence you may need to spend a little more compared to what you could spend on its competitors
NutriChef PKFD25 Food Dehydrator
Description of the NutriChef PKFD25 Food Dehydrator
This is also another powerful food dehydrating device that you can rely on whenever you need to carry out any food drying in your house.
It has a power of about 800 watts, and it offers you a temperature regulation options for you to enjoy vast choices while drying your food.
The device has trays that are removable, and this makes it easy for you to clean them.
It has vast features that make it a reliable food dehydrating device to use for your daily food dehydrating needs.
The device also has a large capacity that enables it to maintain a consistent flow of air and heat that are essential in drying your food.
It is a recommended device to use at your home.
Features of the NutriChef PKFD25 Food Dehydrator
- Has a power of 800 watts to dry your food
- Removable trays for easy cleaning and emptying of the food
- Has a maximum temperature of 155 degrees Fahrenheit
- Has ten trays that enable you to dry large amounts of food at a go
Pros of the NutriChef PKFD25 Food Dehydrator
- The device is highly efficient helping you handle all food drying your needs in the kitchen
- Easy to operate: the device is not complicated when it comes to handling and operating it. You can be sure to enjoy vast options on how you set it for easy usability
- Easy to clean: the removable trays of the device make it easier for you to access the unreachable parts and clean them with high efficiency and keenness
- The device has a large capacity that enables you to dry various amounts of foods at a go hence saving you tike that you could have spent when drying them on a device with a lower capacity
Cons of the NutriChef PKFD25 Food Dehydrator
- The device is not affordable